Steel block cushions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post
    We all come out with random statements sometimes that make us look a bit silly... ask trains!
    Lolz nice to have a level playing field going into the season of goodwill, cant say i'm feeling it, but xmas come regardless...
    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

The last 12 months seem to have flown by.

Comment

Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post
        We all come out with random statements sometimes that make us look a bit silly... ask trains!

Well tbf i was going to reply to your triple crown post in the thread but the forum went down again and didn’t see the point of digging it up as the event ended a week ago , and the initial triple crown post was from someone who didn’t explain what he meant by triple crown in a non triple crown event and who also thought neal foulds was still an active player on the pro tour , facepalm , and lolz at level playing field good lord

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post

Well tbf i was going to reply to your triple crown post in the thread but the forum went down again and didn’t see the point of digging it up as the event ended a week ago , and the initial triple crown post was from someone who didn’t explain what he meant by triple crown in a non triple crown event and who also thought neal foulds was still an active player on the pro tour , facepalm , and lolz at level playing field good lord
          Arms wide open Trains!! Come grab a man hug!! Lolz, I'd like to think of this play as Miloslav Meč?ř backhand!
          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

Arms wide open Trains!! Come grab a man hug!! Lolz, I'd like to think of this play as Miloslav Meč?ř backhand!
            fair do's cc miloslav mecir wasn't he called the big cat , just curious cc at their best who do you rate as the better wimbledon player at their peak sampras or federer , i was always a bit biased towards federer cos he beat sampras as a youngster at sw19 but now i'm not so sure , whats your take , cheers .

Comment

fair do's cc miloslav mecir wasn't he called the big cat , just curious cc at their best who do you rate as the better wimbledon player at their peak sampras or federer , i was always a bit biased towards federer cos he beat sampras as a youngster at sw19 but now i'm not so sure , whats your take , cheers .
              He had amazingly soft hands an pure footwork, yes they called him the big cat. For me Federer walks on water because its like watching a super being who has alllllll the time in the world to respond to shots while many of his peers looked like they need to press the slo mo button to have a chance. Great battles none the less!
              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Man hugs all round!!

Comment

its very easy to make people feel small, always loved people with a self deprecating nature who share their knowledge with modest values.
                  ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

This thread has taken a surreal twist, from super bouncy cushions, to man hugs through to who was the best at Wimbledon. The snooker forum at its best .
                    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                      This thread has taken a surreal twist, from super bouncy cushions, to man hugs through to who was the best at Wimbledon. The snooker forum at its best .

Some snooker channel a few years ago employed someone called hector nunns who sounded like a robot when he was doing commentary , the reason he sounded like that was because he didn’t know his arse from his elbow about snooker but was shoehorned in from a safe media background , thats what i love about snooker you never know when the next nunns is lurking around the corner . i haven't played in yonks anyway i'll predominantly stick to tournament threads , peace all

Comment

Bouncy cushions suck. Stick your steels where the sun don’t shine lol. Good to see Vmax sticking his oar in as usual

Comment

Some snooker channel a few years ago employed someone called hector nunns who sounded like a robot when he was doing commentary , the reason he sounded like that was because he didn’t know his arse from his elbow about snooker but was shoehorned in from a safe media background , thats what i love about snooker you never know when the next nunns is lurking around the corner . i haven't played in yonks anyway i'll predominantly stick to tournament threads , peace all
                          Wasn't a dig Trains, it's a natural thing on threads, you will get half a dozen proper answers then it will veer off on some tangent. Some of the very best threads on here have started from the tangent. It's all opinions and everyone has one and is entitled to voice it, I love it.
                          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
                            Bouncy cushions suck. Stick your steels where the sun don’t shine lol. Good to see Vmax sticking his oar in as usual
                            Have you considered that this particular table may be set up badly rubber old or more than likely cushion blocks set set at wrong height or your other club tables are so dead it makes the steel blocked one seem too fast .the op asked for pro’s and cons of having steels fitted ,what you have said does not give a true description of steel cushions in any way they are simply there for consistency across the table .steels have been used on W P B S A events since forever and a day ,I have played on loads of them ,even some of the old tables with heavy oak cushions play almost like steels .The differance between a standard well set up table and one with steels is not that much .

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post

Have you considered that this particular table may be set up badly rubber old or more than likely cushion blocks set set at wrong height or your other club tables are so dead it makes the steel blocked one seem too fast .the op asked for pro’s and cons of having steels fitted ,what you have said does not give a true description of steel cushions in any way they are simply there for consistency across the table .steels have been used on W P B S A events since forever and a day ,I have played on loads of them ,even some of the old tables with heavy oak cushions play almost like steels .The differance between a standard well set up table and one with steels is not that much .
                              No mate. The other table in the club is top quality and gets recovered at least once sometimes twice a year. Cushions play great on that table, exactly the same speed as the cloth which is how it should be. Me and my regular practice partner have no time for the other table at all and we’re both century standard players so it’s not as if we don’t know what we are talking about
                              Last edited by travisbickle; 16 November 2020, 05:54 AM.

Comment

It’s the only steel backed backed table I’ve ever played on so I’m only going on how this table plays which imo is comical

Comment

Working...
                                X