No announcement yet.

Tip question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seemed like he has changed the badge. I prefer previous one.

Comment

Originally Posted by crazybeans View Post
      Seemed like he has changed the badge. I prefer previous one.
      Nice cue, I hope it gets you lots of high breaks!

Comment

Originally Posted by markz View Post
        Nice cue, I hope it gets you lots of high breaks!
        I hope so! I'm practicing hard these days. It's really a good playing cue, response well and makes shots easier.

Comment

Alright. lol

Nice looking cue. I have not own any other cue besides Thai cue. But I have tried my friend's TW cue. Very nice and responsive cue.. Very nice cue I will say.
          While the other one of my friend still waiting for his order. Told me he had waited a year plus.. Wow..
          Hi Ho The Merry Yo, The Black Went In The Hole~ :snooker:

Comment

Yeah, I had waited for 19 months for this one.
            But I think it is worth the wait.

Comment

Yeah, I had waited for 19 months for this one.
              But I think it is worth the wait.
              How do you feel about the chevron spacing on the shaft? Does it play stiff?

Comment

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
                No. It's responsive actually.

Comment

I'm sure there have been some threads on what makes a good playing cue in terms of chevrons, tightness of grain etc - can you link some please? I'm thinking about a new cue but don't know what to look for.

Comment

No. It's responsive actually.
                    That's good news after your long wait. I thought with all them chevrons, oddly spaced, it might be a hammer. Glad for you pal.

Comment

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
                      I'm sure there have been some threads on what makes a good playing cue in terms of chevrons, tightness of grain etc - can you link some please? I'm thinking about a new cue but don't know what to look for.
                      Do you want something playable rather than specific grain pattern? Pattern doesn't always decide how the cue will play but can do. If you want playability, message J6; he actually tests his cues before they go out.

Less chevrons generally means more flex but not always. More chevrons can mean more stiff but not always. I tried a cue with about 25 chevrons a while back, like a hammer!
                      Last edited by Big Splash!; 28 September 2016, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Do you want something playable rather than specific grain pattern? Pattern doesn't always decide how the cue will play but can do. If you want playability, message J6; he actually tests his cues before they go out.

Less chevrons generally means more flex but not always. More chevrons can mean more stiff but not always. I tried a cue with about 25 chevrons a while back, like a hammer!
                        Just looking for tips on what to look out for, really.

Comment

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
                          There is no correlation at all Biggie, all bits of wood are different, I have had cues with all different widths of grain and arrows and tightness of side grain etc ,I have never found a pattern to them, if I was pushed and had to say something, I would go for broad side grain gives a bit of spring, but I'm not confident that's even true. Try before you buy, is the best thing, second best, buy from someone who plays the game at least they can describe pretty accurately how a cue plays( although it will be a personal opinion, it should be in the right ballpark).
                          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                            There is no correlation at all Biggie, all bits of wood are different, I have had cues with all different widths of grain and arrows and tightness of side grain etc ,I have never found a pattern to them, if I was pushed and had to say something, I would go for broad side grain gives a bit of spring, but I'm not confident that's even true. Try before you buy, is the best thing, second best, buy from someone who plays the game at least they can describe pretty accurately how a cue plays( although it will be a personal opinion, it should be in the right ballpark).
                            Thanks mate.

Comment

That's good news after your long wait. I thought with all them chevrons, oddly spaced, it might be a hammer. Glad for you pal.
                              At the first time I saw it in the picture I was wondering it might be stiff. But it really surprised me after a few shots, it's pretty responsive and flex as same as my request. Sometimes I even feel it is too flex to control and need to take a long time to get used to it, because it's far from my previous one, but more better than that as well.

Comment

It's comes with a red fiber so just cut above , , leaving the red on the ferule. Easy peasy

Comment

Working...
                                X