heavy vs light cueball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
    If you bought a load of 3G balls, you could match a few sets and sell the rest as 4G, everybody wants 4G these days.
    next gen - 5G!
    we can make a bundle on those :biggrin:
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      next gen - 5G!
      we can make a bundle on those :biggrin:
      This time next year Rodders!

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
        I use a set of 1G balls and I've weighed them and I continue to check the cueball every once in awhile and it's still at 141.3gm. The Pro Cup from Aramith (in the blue box) are exactly the same balls and come off the same assembly line, however they are weighed and those close to 141.5gm are put aside for the 1G sets and those within 3gm of 141.5 are put in the Pro Cup sets.

There is no difference in playability but the 1G sets come with a handy brief case (that has a very weak handle). So in essence a Pro Cup set should falls within 140gm to 143gm or so however the set I had here was within 1G tolderance and I believe a lot of them are, so buy Pro Cup to save money but strengthen the box or get a briefcase and a couple of egg cartons.

Problems come when someone switches your cueball for one that weighs 129gm or something. I had that happen with my first set. NEVER let anyone use your set of balls (except maybe a friendly female).
        so you mean, u shouldnt play a friendly match in the club with your own set?

Comment

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
          There's not point carrying your own white... Really isn't.

All balls need to be from the same set, you can't chop and change or you're playing a poor version of the game.

If you play a lot, a decent set of balls will need replacing every couple of years anyway.

I can notice there's an irregularity with any white relating to the rest of the balls within a couple of shots. It's really irritating, I'd rather be less informed.

End of the day, buy a decent set of balls... £180 for the 1G's and you know you're playing with the best equipment... You wouldn't buy a decent cue and fit a screw on tip.
          does it take time to get used to a new set? i mean... i'v b een playing with club balls for years now, most balls are even damaged and you can see broken edges (tiny bit) however i did a test......

i hold 1 ball with a broken edge and the other with broken edge too... and tried to see their contact points, when those 2 broken edges meet each other or contact each other, it just makes you wonder that how on earth you be consistent potting balls

Comment

i wanna buy a whole set
            what brand and what size should i buy?
            tnx

Comment

I recently bought a new set of TCs. I had planned to buy a 1G set but weighed every ball of both sets at the shop (they were nice enough to let me do that) and the TC set was better matched than the 1G set. I can't imagine any of the TC sets being 3g actually. The tolerance of my TC set is within 0.2g throughout the entire set.

Therefore, my recommendation is for the regular TC set. They are actually better in my experience.

Comment

Originally Posted by highestbreak50 View Post
                i wanna buy a whole set
                tnx
                This is what you need to be buying, but shop around for better deals maybe
                Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222151372057

Comment

Sometimes you get good 2nd hand ones like this
                  Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272868392138

Comment

i wanna buy a whole set
                    tnx
                    Aramith Tournament Champion, are the balls used in all the pro tourneys you see on TV, they come in either 1g sets or 3g sets. They are the same balls but the 1g sets are checked to ensure every ball in the set is within 1gram of each other and they come in a nice metal case. Cost about £200 the 3g are all within 3 grams of each other and come in a cardboard box for around £130. I bought a 2nd hand set of 3g's hardly used for £70, i weighed them all myself and 95% were within 1gram anyway... They are quality balls and play great and feel very consistent.
                    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                      This is what you need to be buying, but shop around for better deals maybe
                      Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222151372057
                      it says 15 x 2 1/16 means 2.16 inches 55.03 mm which means its alot heavier than standard balls. some say play with 2 inches which means 50.8 mm
                      im still confused what weight should we buying a new set 2 inches or 2/16 inches

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                        Aramith Tournament Champion, are the balls used in all the pro tourneys you see on TV, they come in either 1g sets or 3g sets. They are the same balls but the 1g sets are checked to ensure every ball in the set is within 1gram of each other and they come in a nice metal case. Cost about £200 the 3g are all within 3 grams of each other and come in a cardboard box for around £130. I bought a 2nd hand set of 3g's hardly used for £70, i weighed them all myself and 95% were within 1gram anyway... They are quality balls and play great and feel very consistent.
                        i have never used 1g or 3g, is it brand name? i could find on ebay 1g, but not 3g

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                          Sometimes you get good 2nd hand ones like this
                          Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272868392138
                          its sold out, can you send me other ebay link?

Comment

its sold out, can you send me other ebay link?
                            Just search for "Aramith Tournament Champion balls" that's what you need to buy mate, that's what everyone uses in competitions, they are standard sizes so no need to look

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2221513720...698&rmvSB=true

Comment

i have never used 1g or 3g, is it brand name? i could find on ebay 1g, but not 3g
                              Just buy the one's i linked to

Comment

it says 15 x 2 1/16 means 2.16 inches 55.03 mm which means its alot heavier than standard balls. some say play with 2 inches which means 50.8 mm
                                im still confused what weight should we buying a new set 2 inches or 2/16 inches
                                2 1/16 in is 2.0625 or 52.3mm NOT 2.16in or 2/16in

1/16 is a fraction (1 divided by 16)

2 1/16th (52~mm) is the full size balls for a full size table
                                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X