Where exactly do I place the reds and colors, total noob question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Snooker Theory View Post
    Gigantic pockets, small tables, and we have shunned the metric system, what are we doing with ourselves over here across the pond. lol
    I will have to check that out Crafty if I come across it. Thank you
    Here you go bud, anyone who makes that kind of effort to play the game deserves respect. This thread is just one of many on here but shows the art of possible....

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...ed-Cabin/page5
    βšͺ πŸ”΄πŸŸ‘πŸŸ’πŸŸ€πŸ”΅πŸ’—βš«πŸ•³οΈπŸ˜Ž

Comment

Standard snooker balls are 52.5mm with a tolerance of +/-0.05mm... in older rules they were specified as 2 1/16th inches. Standard pool balls are 2" with a 1 7/8th inch white.
      Duplicate of banned account deleted

Comment

Originally Posted by Londonlad147 View Post
        Standard snooker balls are 52.5mm with a tolerance of +/-0.05mm... in older rules they were specified as 2 1/16th inches. Standard pool balls are 2" with a 1 7/8th inch white.
        That is really interesting that you guys use a smaller cue ball than the rest of the balls, is that for a bar table?

I have played a bit of pool, much more than snooker, still just a rookie in the scheme of things. I have never in my life seen pool balls that were not 2 1/4"(in real life) except on what we call barbox tables, which are 7' tables that are coin operated, they still have the 2 1/4" balls but generally have a slightly larger and heavier cue ball than the rest of the balls. I saw a video once with one of the pros, Ronnie I believe, saying something about English pool being like a kids game or something because of the undersized cue ball, I thought he had misspoke.

Thanks for chiming in.

Not an expert so I double checked here are the bca regulations for ball size http://www.pooltablenow.com/wp-conte...tions_2008.pdf
        and this talks about how we use oversized cue ball in the bar table https://electronics.howstuffworks.com/question495.htm

Comment

It's the standard size for English/UK pool, obviously it's just so that the mechanism spits the ball out from a different hole. The tables are 7 foot but with napped cloths and more snooker style curved pockets.

Comment

I didn't know that Jonny, never have played the UK/English pool. Interesting how different parts of the world play different cue sports.
            Another variety I have never played is that Russian Pyramid pool, though that looks to be something I wouldn't be to interested in. The balls are pretty dang big, and the pockets are so small looking.

Comment

Originally Posted by Snooker Theory View Post
              That is really interesting that you guys use a smaller cue ball than the rest of the balls, is that for a bar table?

I have played a bit of pool, much more than snooker, still just a rookie in the scheme of things. I have never in my life seen pool balls that were not 2 1/4"(in real life) except on what we call barbox tables, which are 7' tables that are coin operated, they still have the 2 1/4" balls but generally have a slightly larger and heavier cue ball than the rest of the balls. I saw a video once with one of the pros, Ronnie I believe, saying something about English pool being like a kids game or something because of the undersized cue ball, I thought he had misspoke.

Thanks for chiming in.

Not an expert so I double checked here are the bca regulations for ball size http://www.pooltablenow.com/wp-conte...tions_2008.pdf
              and this talks about how we use oversized cue ball in the bar table https://electronics.howstuffworks.com/question495.htm
              Yes, I'm referring to 8-ball tables found in pubs and clubs.

9-ball tables use 2ΒΌ" balls I believe, but there are relatively few 9-ball tables around. They're mostly found in dedicated snooker and pool clubs, in addition to the snooker and 8-ball tables. Space is at a premium in many venues, especially pubs, so the smaller 8-ball tables are better suited.
              Duplicate of banned account deleted

Comment

Originally Posted by Londonlad147 View Post
                Yes, I'm referring to 8-ball tables found in pubs and clubs.

9-ball tables use 2ΒΌ" balls I believe, but there are relatively few 9-ball tables around. They're mostly found in dedicated snooker and pool clubs, in addition to the snooker and 8-ball tables. Space is at a premium in many venues, especially pubs, so the smaller 8-ball tables are better suited.
                The guy lives in America mate

I doubt he's even even seen a pub pool table like we know them.

Comment

I have been to London 3 times in my life, and been to clubs, just different type of clubs, lol
                  When I was young I stayed at a hostile a few times called the generator, and partied at ministry of sound and fabric.
                  Been quite awhile, lol

Comment

Working...
                  X