Ssb - jungle jimmy gets wembley wildcard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by wildJONESEYE View Post
    just the reply i expected your no snooker fan your a hanger on the sport could do without.
    I am glad i posted the reply you expected......as for your opinion about me, im not really interested.....
    "There has only ever been Alex Higgins, myself and now Ronnie O'sullivan who play the game the way it should be played with such excitement - I know the fans love it this way" - Jimmy White

Comment

• Originally Posted by attilahun View Post
      I am glad i posted the reply you expected......as for your opinion about me, im not really interested.....
      i know your not interested about snooker its plain as day.

Comment

i know your not interested about snooker its plain as day.
        Look...the best thing for you is to try and accept the situation as it is...Jimmy will play at the Masters no matter what you say, because that is your real problem, not the future of snooker. I know its frustrating for you but that is life, things dont always go the way we want.
        I can understand you have a bad period here ...you were banned, you were not included on that member of the year final list, the masters wildcard went to someone you dont like.....but do not despair and do not get frustrated even more....the the holidays are coming and things will get better.
        "There has only ever been Alex Higgins, myself and now Ronnie O'sullivan who play the game the way it should be played with such excitement - I know the fans love it this way" - Jimmy White

Comment

• LOL LOL AND LOL AGAIN

jimmy is in ill enjoy watching him play....i like jimmy he is a great guy my opinion as i have stated has nothing to do with Jim.

Comment

• Well done for not rising to that last post wild

Lets all just enjoy the masters and see what else hearn has in store for us.
            Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
            Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

• Confusion breeds confrontation... [ so who new? ]
              Maybe, just maybe we are interpreting the word "Master" in directly opposing ways?

master (n.)
              O.E. mægester "one having control or authority," from L. magister "chief, head, director, teacher" (cf. O.Fr. maistre, Fr. maître, It. maestro, Ger. Meister), infl. in M.E. by O.Fr. maistre, from L. magister, contrastive adj. from magis (adv.) "more," itself a comp. of magnus "great."

OK. Rory "qualified" for it. Both Williams and White ARE Masters of snooker. Mark King... WTF?

master (n.)
              Used as a courtesy title before the given or full name of "a boy not considered old enough to be addressed as "Mister"".

Perhaps wild may be thinking of this definition for "The Masters".

I stand by that picture I made.
              http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...&postcount=190

Jimmy is MORE than just a (still relatively competitive) snooker player.
              He is a Master... of the sport, of the media, of the hearts and minds of the vast majority of people who do know and follow snooker...
              he charges The Masters will an essential energy that no young player could replace.

=o)

Noel

Comment

just the reply i expected your no snooker fan your a hanger on the sport could do without.
                You shouldn't accuse people of being hangers on, you've got this all wrong.....

I'm a Alex Higgins fan, a Jimmy White fan, i also enjoy watching Ronnie, Ding ( whos getting better with the crowd ) & maybe Robertson, Selby & anyone else that comes through with a bit of flair to entertain.......i have a great love for snooker both playing & watching.

Thing is we need players coming through who want to entertain & play pleasing to the eye stuff, there are too many bland players in the game now, there was in the 80's & 90's which didn't make the game un popular as we had others to shout for.

Alex & Jimmy sort of represented normal hard working people & put a show on to entertain a flash black when the frame was won, banana shots etc this made them crowd pleasers.........which is what we're lacking now thats why the games not what it was along with losing tobacco company sponsorship etc.

Popular players in any sport attract audiences & sponsors.......

Thats why we still love seeing & at present need Jimmy White..........he along with Alex was the reason many of us got interested in snooker in the first place, i never stopped watching snooker when Alex finished, i won't when Jimmy finishes.....we just need new heroes in the same mould.........nothing at all to " being a hanger on "

Comment

• From worldsnooker.com:

Barry Hearn, who was confirmed as WPBSA chairman on Wednesday, added: “Jimmy is one of Britain’s great sporting superstars. He has attracted vast crowds all across the world, but nowhere more than Wembley, where the fans regard him as one of their own. He’ll pack the place out and the atmosphere will be sizzling. There was no doubt in my mind that he is the man to take up the wild card challenge. Throughout his career he’s played shots that most snooker players can only dream of and it makes great viewing for live audiences and on TV.”

I'm sorry, but i'm sure that this is not the reason why me and the vast majority of snooker fans supported Barry Hearn. I mean, what's the point if you fill the arena for only one match which Jimmy will loose for sure? And that isn't even a first round proper match. One match will not solve snooker's problems. If Barry tends to turn the tour into circus, then who knows, maybe in few years he will award a wildcard to some extremly talented ape who can pot a red and a colour once in a while? Imagine the line up:

Peter "The Force" Ebdon vs Koko the Jungle potting machine !!!

That will definitely bring the crowd in the arenas. And also, the tour will be enriched with a player from another continent (Africa).

Comment

• Originally Posted by matoski View Post
                    From worldsnooker.com:

Barry Hearn, who was confirmed as WPBSA chairman on Wednesday, added: “Jimmy is one of Britain’s great sporting superstars. He has attracted vast crowds all across the world, but nowhere more than Wembley, where the fans regard him as one of their own. He’ll pack the place out and the atmosphere will be sizzling. There was no doubt in my mind that he is the man to take up the wild card challenge. Throughout his career he’s played shots that most snooker players can only dream of and it makes great viewing for live audiences and on TV.”

I'm sorry, but i'm sure that this is not the reason why me and the vast majority of snooker fans supported Barry Hearn. I mean, what's the point if you fill the arena for only one match which Jimmy will loose for sure? And that isn't even a first round proper match. One match will not solve snooker's problems. If Barry tends to turn the tour into circus, then who knows, maybe in few years he will award a wildcard to some extremly talented ape who can pot a red and a colour once in a while? Imagine the line up:

Peter "The Force" Ebdon vs Koko the Jungle potting machine !!!

That will definitely bring the crowd in the arenas. And also, the tour will be enriched with a player from another continent (Africa).
                    who knows he will get jordan to referee the match and colin and justin set desighners with Gino Decampo in the caffe.

Comment

jimmy white was a shy young man that hardly smiled and Steve Davis was so boring it took a bloody puppet show to find him a personality. thats the facts you look at things through rose colored specs and truly forgot how things actually was with these two players.
                      A fair way to judge what you say would be to go into the street and ask anyone ''Do you know who jimmy White is?'' and ''do you know who Jamie Cope is?'' TTheir answers will determine who is the biggest character.

Lets be honest, Snooker is dying, or maybe even dead with all these new players. It's not their fault though, it's just the way it is. The game is desperate for some big characters from the 80's, even though the standard isn't as good.

Maybe a good start would be a Premier League 2.

Comment

• All we need to do is bring back chas and dave with snooker loopy get the players to sing and dance in a can can fashion on a revolving stage its not hard to do is it ?ha ha .

Comment

• Why is Jimmy getting such a bashing?Hes a great guy,a snooker legend and on his day,a fantastic player.
                          The fact is the Masters will be all the better for him being in it,he will create a buzz and a ripple of excitement,that your not going to get from loads of the current players.
                          I think the guy deserves repect,he s a fantastic ambassador for snooker,there is no negative to him being in it!!!

I think some of the posters on this forum would rather watch say Graeme Dott v Anthony Hamilton or some other such drudge,that 1 man and his dog would watch,no offence to these guys but come on,they and many others like them have hardly set snooker on fire,there the reason the game gets labelled boring,and there seems to be the personality of cardboard in a lot of the top 32 players.
                          Im not a blinded by adulation White fan,the fact is,and he Im sure would be the first to admit,is like Davis,he is very much in the autumn of a great career,so why do so many of the negative moaners on here deny a man who has done so much for snooker,a few last hurrahs?

You see posts like "he will botch safetys and miss chances" etc...how does the poster know this? Have you a crystal ball? He may play brilliant and get far in the event,maybe beaten on the black in the semi,he may tank and go out 2nd round..speculation could go on and on....if he plays like he can,anything can happen

He has got the wildcard,much deserved in my view,and if he has a run it will fire up the event no end.

I say,good luck Jimmy White,and dont listen to the knockers.

Comment

• i agree..

I totally agree Adam, why do we feel the need to personalize this decision against Jimmy. If you have an issue it should be with World Snooker and Barry Hearn... I mean how dare he actually do something to get some bums on seats at a major event!

The answer is simple, please try to get a ticket for his match with Mark king... I think you'll struggle unless you go through an agency. The only other sales are for Ronnies matches, the sad sad fact is that without Ronnie and Jimmy you will struggle to fill any arena, let alone Wembley. Perhaps we should start a campaign asking exactly where all the characters have gone... who exactly are the modern day Jimmy, Alex H and even Cliff T @ Ray R? Also why is it that an event for these Legends next April sold out the Crucible in under 3 weeks and Telford for the UK was half empty?

Comment

• Why is Jimmy getting such a bashing?Hes a great guy,a snooker legend and on his day,a fantastic player.
                              The fact is the Masters will be all the better for him being in it,he will create a buzz and a ripple of excitement,that your not going to get from loads of the current players.
                              I think the guy deserves repect,he s a fantastic ambassador for snooker,there is no negative to him being in it!!!

I think some of the posters on this forum would rather watch say Graeme Dott v Anthony Hamilton or some other such drudge,that 1 man and his dog would watch,no offence to these guys but come on,they and many others like them have hardly set snooker on fire,there the reason the game gets labelled boring,and there seems to be the personality of cardboard in a lot of the top 32 players.
                              Im not a blinded by adulation White fan,the fact is,and he Im sure would be the first to admit,is like Davis,he is very much in the autumn of a great career,so why do so many of the negative moaners on here deny a man who has done so much for snooker,a few last hurrahs?

You see posts like "he will botch safetys and miss chances" etc...how does the poster know this? Have you a crystal ball? He may play brilliant and get far in the event,maybe beaten on the black in the semi,he may tank and go out 2nd round..speculation could go on and on....if he plays like he can,anything can happen

He has got the wildcard,much deserved in my view,and if he has a run it will fire up the event no end.

I say,good luck Jimmy White,and dont listen to the knockers.

Comment

• Sorry,posted twice

Comment

Working...
                                X