No announcement yet.

Ssb - farewell sheffield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They should clearly go back to SWSA. But if both sides are as stubborn as eachother then to see this place go unused would be a crying shame! Makes no sense not to use a brand new facility with room for spectators and streaming matches. Utterly bonkers infact.

Lets hope both sides see sense.
    Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

Originally Posted by Deepscrew View Post
      They should clearly go back to SWSA. But if both sides are as stubborn as eachother then to see this place go unused would be a crying shame! Makes no sense not to use a brand new facility with room for spectators and streaming matches. Utterly bonkers infact.

Lets hope both sides see sense.
      Not only is it a crying shame and utterly bonkers. It is also embarrassing for the game of snooker.

A perfect, already built venue that is not going to be used.

What a ridiculous situation.

Comment

Ferret,

If you are going to correct someone please try to use correct data when trying to put them right.

It clearly states in the contract that I could not sell the cloth. I appreciated the manufacturers and World Snooker's position and agreed in writing not to sell the cloth. I signed the contract willingly knowing this was the case.

I find it interesting how many people look for reasons, why decisions are made, that relate to money alone and never consider that honesty, integrity and trust can sometimes be more important.

Originally Posted by ferret View Post
        That is actually incorrect.

The real reason is because World Snooker would not allow Paul to keep the cloth they put onto the tables once the events were over, Paul wanted to re-sell the cloth but The World Snooker contract with the cloth company stipulated that the cloth could not be re-sold.

You can see Pauls point but on World Snooker's side they have to keep to contracts.

Comment

My point still stands irrelevant if this was a clause in the contract or not, the reason given to me by someone in World Snooker was that you did not want to host any further events if you could not recoup some costs from the sale of the old match cloth, but if we want to talk about all of the facts then what about Strachan offering to allow you to keep the match cloth for use on your tables after a event instead of you having to get the tables re-clothed?

Comment

Paul ,

Have World Snooker been in contact with you regarding the use of your facilities ? or is that a dead duck ?

Had the pleasure of meeting you at the World Seniors 2 years ago in Peterborough ......drinking in the hotel bar ! You gave my mate who was buying a club at the time some great advice and there were a few good stories that were told as well . [ P.S Does Janie still have the pink pen ? ] That may jog your memory !!!

And talking to you , it is quite evident the passion you have for the game and it's a great shame that they don't use your facility .

All the best

Neil
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

My point still stands irrelevant if this was a clause in the contract or not, the reason given to me by someone in World Snooker was that you did not want to host any further events if you could not recoup some costs from the sale of the old match cloth, but if we want to talk about all of the facts then what about Strachan offering to allow you to keep the match cloth for use on your tables after a event instead of you having to get the tables re-clothed?
              Nice apology!

Comment

Nothing to apologise about Clive, Paul has only highlighted contractual terms, he has not said that this was not the way things went down, I know you have your head so far up his ass that it is hard to distinguish where you finish and he starts but if Paul would like an apology for anything that I have written then he is big enough to ask for one himself, he does not need a puppet to do so and I am more than sure that if I have offended Paul in anyway that he would call me.

Comment

I can confirm that when the very nice people that manage Strachan (Stuart & Duncan) became aware of the situation they did indeed offer me the option to retain the used match cloth for future use. A very generous and charitable offer indeed. Unfortunately being a little old fashioned I did not accept this offer because I did not want charity to replace something I was already contracted to receive. I decided I would prefer pay for new cloth, when I needed it, rather than put Strachan in a difficult position which was of none of their design. I reiterate that points of principle and my personal integrity are more important to me than a few quid. I hope in writing this I do not confuse antbody by using strange words such as principle and integrity.

Comment

Are you willing to reveal your sources Ferret? If not, all you have is essentially rumour and not very reliable. Add to that, that your language and hostility on the subject and it looks like you have a serious grudge here, making your point of view less and less believable. Sorry, but that's just the impression I'm getting here.
                    "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
                    - Linus Pauling

Comment

Hi Neil,

I remember the evening at the Seniors very well and understand your friends club has been set up excellently and is doing very well.

Sorry but I cannot discuss any business conversations I may have had or might be having. Sure you understand.

Keep enjoying snooker.

cheers

paul
                      Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                      Paul ,

Have World Snooker been in contact with you regarding the use of your facilities ? or is that a dead duck ?

Had the pleasure of meeting you at the World Seniors 2 years ago in Peterborough ......drinking in the hotel bar ! You gave my mate who was buying a club at the time some great advice and there were a few good stories that were told as well . [ P.S Does Janie still have the pink pen ? ] That may jog your memory !!!

And talking to you , it is quite evident the passion you have for the game and it's a great shame that they don't use your facility .

All the best

Neil

Comment

I would not dream of requesting an apology for myself as I accept that people can sometimes make statements in good faith which are incorrect. I put Ferret's comment in this bracket. I do however believe ferret's attack of Souwester, a long serving and hard working administrator of snooker, is unbecoming of a forum owner and mediator.
                        I will not be making any calls relating to any comments as I believe that face to face conversations are far more productive and reduce the risk of misunderstanding. See you soon Ferret.
                        Nothing to apologise about Clive, Paul has only highlighted contractual terms, he has not said that this was not the way things went down, I know you have your head so far up his ass that it is hard to distinguish where you finish and he starts but if Paul would like an apology for anything that I have written then he is big enough to ask for one himself, he does not need a puppet to do so and I am more than sure that if I have offended Paul in anyway that he would call me.

Comment

Originally Posted by nrage View Post
                          Are you willing to reveal your sources Ferret? If not, all you have is essentially rumour and not very reliable. Add to that, that your language and hostility on the subject and it looks like you have a serious grudge here, making your point of view less and less believable. Sorry, but that's just the impression I'm getting here.
                          Jason Ferguson Chairman of The WPBSA & Barry Hearn Chairman of World Snooker, I spoke to both of them at the time of this going public, if you have ever read anything that I have written you will know that I always goto the organ grinder and not the monkey and it enrages me when people say that they know the real reason because they have spoken to somebody who knows somebody else who has heard a rumor (Slight exaggeration)

My hostility on the subject derives from the utter crap coming from people who nothing and have just heard information 3rd hand.

Thanks for your reply Paul and I hope that this can now put a stop to everybody guessing as to why this has happened.

Comment

Originally Posted by paul.mount View Post
                            See you soon Ferret.
                            Just tell me when, I am only a train away.

But we both know the facts and maybe this is why you have not confirmed or denied my original statement but skated around it instead.

The real reason is because World Snooker would not allow Paul to keep the cloth they put onto the tables once the events were over, Paul wanted to re-sell the cloth but The World Snooker contract with the cloth company stipulated that the cloth could not be re-sold.

Comment

Well you may not have offended Paul, but you've certainly offended me! I take great exception to your remarks and would like an apology. Whilst I have the utmost respect for Paul and the SWSA, and firmly believe it is the best snooker venue in the UK, I'm not averse to sticking my head above the parapet and giving my opinions when things aren't as good as they could be at SWSA. And if it is above the parapet it would be a physical impossibility to be up Paul's ass [sic - don't you mean arse?].

As site owner and principal Moderator of this site, shouldn't you show some commonsense decorum and respect when talking about your users? On may sites I've been a member of any ordinary member would be severely censured for making stupid offensive remarks. You should know better.

Comment

Your statement is 100% wrong. I clearly responded that i signed a contract which did not allow me to sell the cloth and I accepted and complied with that.

Just tell me when, I am only a train away.

But we both know the facts and maybe this is why you have not confirmed or denied my original statement but skated around it instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X