No announcement yet.

TSB - Ronnie O’Sullivan withdraws stating medical reasons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The mans a fruitloop who has made his money and couldnt give a toss about the sport.Unfortunatly snooker is filled and its nothing new with utter dimwits who havnt a brain cell between them.

Comment

The attitude of ROS stinks a lot of time. He thinks snooker needs him more than he needs snooker. A man too big for his shoes.

Comment

Originally Posted by ken147 View Post
        The attitude of ROS stinks a lot of time. He thinks snooker needs him more than he needs snooker. A man too big for his shoes.
        But snooker does need Ronnie!

You all wanting ronnie to leave the game, the day that happens is the day the sport begins it's death.

Sad but true

Comment

Originally Posted by prouknow View Post
          But snooker does need Ronnie!

You all wanting ronnie to leave the game, the day that happens is the day the sport begins it's death.

Sad but true

HI Prouknov I agree with you 100 per cent without him snooker is dead we need people like Ronnie Alex Higgins to keep the game running. Ronnie once said there is not only Snooker in his life other things that he can do. When Ronnie is sound nobody can play like him he is a genius however he has other problems outside of the game. I hope that he can handle his problems.

Comment

Good news for Dominic, though. Got a free ride to last 16. Maybe he'll go on to win his third title. What comes to Ronnie's absence, I couldn't care less. There are a lot of great players to watch. But of course it's sad for the audience and for the new tournament, I know for a lot of not-that-into-snooker -snooker fans the game equals Ronnie and bunch of what-was-his-name players (which is also sad)...

Comment

i used to remember one time when his fanboys used to blame these bouts on his illness and being bipolar. Now I think even they have run out of lame excuses. I have a friend who is bipolar but it doesn't stop them from fulfilling their responsiblities, life goes on. Ronnie is just a spoilt brat who's always been able to do what he likes without any punishment or repercussion, time for Hearn to take the hard line stance with him and ban him like he did Higgins. Then we'll see how much the game means to him or not!

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                Now I think even they have run out of lame excuses.
                Not so sure about that....
                But people seem to talk less and less about stunts and antics. Years ago there would have been at least 10 pages to this thread by now....
                Winner of the 2009 UK Championship Lucky Dip
                Co-winner of Spike’s 2009 UK Championship number of centuries prediction contest

Comment

Originally Posted by Looki View Post
                  What comes to Ronnie's absence, I couldn't care less. There are a lot of great players to watch.
                  Happy MJW is meeting Dale not Ronnie?

a lot of not-that-into-snooker -snooker fans the game equals Ronnie and bunch of what-was-his-name players
                  That must be why they still keep on putting him in the center of the posters even with all the probability he's not going to turn up...

Not sure if it's that a good "long-term" strategy, ok people will come/switch on and maybe will get hooked up on some other player/match/snooker in general, but they will surely feel cheated too.
                  Co-winner of Spike’s 2009 UK Championship number of centuries prediction contest.

RIP Noel. RIP.

Comment

Originally Posted by ore View Post
                    Happy MJW is meeting Dale not Ronnie?

That must be why they still keep on putting him in the center of the posters even with all the probability he's not going to turn up...

Not sure if it's that a good "long-term" strategy, ok people will come/switch on and maybe will get hooked up on some other player/match/snooker in general, but they will surely feel cheated too.
                    Actually, I would've liked to see another O'Sullivan v Williams encounter. And Mark still has to make through the first round so let's see but I fancy Mark's chances to go deep in this tournament.

Comment

Actually, I would've liked to see another O'Sullivan v Williams encounter. And Mark still has to make through the first round so let's see but I fancy Mark's chances to go deep in this tournament.
                      I was hoping for the same, too

But probably, Ronnie would edge out Mark again, it seems like he just doesn't want to lose a single match to him
                      All the way Mark J!!

I understand nothing from snooker. - Dedicated to jrc750!

Winner of the German Masters 2011 Lucky Dip

Comment

its getting boring to discuss Ronnies withdrawal.
                        mind control > body control > cue control > ball control

Comment

I understand its upsetting for the fans, but whether its a geniune reason or not he will recieve 0 ranking points so its his own career he's hurting. he seems pretty sure he's going to drop down the rankings if his interview last sunday is anything to go by. if he ends up in the qualifiers i wouldnt expect to see him again to be honest.

at least then all this nonesense will stop and everyone else can get on with it.
                          Fantasy Game Overall Winner 09/10 - World Championship 2009 Fantasy Game Winner - Seasonlong Prediction Contest Overall Winner 09/10 - Seasonlong Prediction Contest Runner-Up 08/09 - UK Championship 2010 Prediction Contest Winner - Rileys @ Chorlton Pool Team Merit Winner 07/08, 09/10:snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by montoya10 View Post
                            I was hoping for the same, too

But probably, Ronnie would edge out Mark again, it seems like he just doesn't want to lose a single match to him
                            Unless you would count such cases as conceding...
                            Co-winner of Spike’s 2009 UK Championship number of centuries prediction contest.

RIP Noel. RIP.

Comment

Good Day,

I am not familiar with professional snooker, (contracts, managers responsabilities, players responsabilities etc...) but I do think that the players should not be treated like horses in a stable or school children that have behaved badly, they are all adult humans with lives and capable of making decisions, I don't think I could respect a player that puts the game ahead of allot of things that I think should have priority, only the player can set these personal priorities. If he is breaking is contract or commitment then it should be understood by all of the reprecussions and that should be the end of the discussion. I can understand the dissapointment from organizers but the show must go on.
                              Cheers,
                              I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Raldon View Post
                                its getting boring to discuss Ronnies withdrawal.
                                True.
                                Yet somehow that's a more active thread than the one on R1 of the actual tournament...

RIP Noel. RIP.

Comment

Working...
                                X