No announcement yet.

TSB - Ronnie O’Sullivan withdraws stating medical reasons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As much as he is great on his day, when he isnt in the mood its an equally unedifying spectacle, sometimes showing a lack of fight, disrespecting the game and shortchanging the fans on occasions.

So we do have to look at the whole picture and not just remember his great days in isolation.

He isnt personally one of my favourite players as you might guess, as I dont particularly like his attitude, but on his day he is as good as anyone to watch and a great artist amongst the balls.

Comment

Because I read in German Snooker forums, I can tell you: The German snooker fans don’t need Ronnie O'Sullivan!

The German fans can not believe that someone who just played the Shoot Out the weekend before and on Tuesday the exhibition with Jimmy White at once sick if he should leave the UK. It is not the first time that Ronnie had cancelled a tournament in Germany. More precisely, at to two EPTC tournaments (I think that was in Fuehrt and in Hamm) he not appeared without to cancel it. Most German snooker fans consider this behavior of Ronnie O'Sullivan as a disrespect for the German snooker fans and even the fanatical Ronnie fans say already that he, if he has no desire to play real snooker, rather stop to play to permit his place to a player that really loves snooker.

Because I am currently living in Germany, I was on Saturday and Sunday at the Tempodrom in Berlin. There were fans from all over Germany and if you have experienced the live atmosphere you know that no one misses Ronnie O'Sullivan. The players were clearly enthusiastically by the audience and the audience by the players that all have brought a top performance. And even a seasoned referee like Jan Verhaas was impressed by the welcome of the audience at the final. I heared he needed half a frame to get the trembling of his hands under control.

After the match I still went to a pub and there were German snooker fans too. The unanimous opinion there: "Next year we are all returning to the German Masters.". They told me that the players who are played there since Wednesday have not only made a top performance they also played a very entertaining snooker - such like a Mark Williams, who in the 15th frame of the final quickly pilfered the White from the table and hided it into the pocket of his trousers.

Comment

The German Masters seemed to be pretty successful without ROS. I barely noticed he wasn't there, and I'm a big fan of his!
        Oh, and that's a bad miss.

Comment

Working...
        X