No announcement yet.

Reanne Evans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as mentioned already, Hearn did the same for the female darts player, Dobromyslova or whatever her name is lol.
    She makes more money on the mens tour, going out in the first round more often than not, than she ever would of by sticking in the womens world champs. Plus she got excellent sponsorship etc.
    Lets just hope Reanne does better than the women have done against the men in other sports, like the darts and golf for instance
    Highest Match Break - 77
    Highest Practice Break - 101, 106, 111
    Highest Breaks of 2010 - 76-65-62-61-60-60-59-57

Comment

Originally Posted by DartsMadJohn View Post
      I seem to remember that she didn't do much on the PIOS Tour, so I can't see things being different this time around on the Pro Tour.

Is Reanne going to be a full part of the 96-player tour, or is she getting one of the "amateur invites" to make a 128-strong field?

It's a nice boost for the women, but if she gets on tour then I'd like to see other talented players get their chance as well - the likes of Soheil Vahedi, Issara Kachaiwong, some of the China Open wildcards etc.

I wonder if the selection of amateurs to compete will also include more obscure regions? I've never seen the African or North American champions play, for example.
      Issara Kachaiwong has had two seasons on the tour (2006-08).

Comment

Igor for the wild card

How many wild cards will there be? I hope Igor Figueiredo (IBSF World Championship runner up) and Reanne both get wild cards this year. Reanne will have to get well prepared as the matches are longer than the average ladies ranking matches, although most of the qualifiers matches are best of 9 any way, she would be ok with that. She'd have to get a nice sport psychologist to help with the psychological part of it because I think break-building-wise she is just as good as any of the other main tour players. I believe as long as you're capable of 50-plus frame winning breaks and have some safety play, it's the mind that does the rest. Go for it, Reanne!

Comment

Originally Posted by Brazilianirish View Post
          She'd have to get a nice sport psychologist to help with the psychological part of it because I think break-building-wise she is just as good as any of the other main tour players. I believe as long as you're capable of 50-plus frame winning breaks and have some safety play, it's the mind that does the rest. Go for it, Reanne!
          No chance. She doesn't score as well or she'd have qualified for the tour. Of course she has a high break of 140 or so in a tournament but it's the frequency of frame-winning breaks that's important.

For anyone that hasn't seen it, here's a video of Allison Fisher making a century break:

I've seen Reanne play a bit. She seems a little rash to me, and I'm not sure she's as good a player as Fisher was. She's pretty quick, switches hands when she can't reach a shot, looks quite attacking. Maybe entertaining but I don't think she'll have much of an impact.
          Last edited by Nugget; 4 May 2010, 01:37 AM. Reason: Embedded video > link.

Comment

Originally Posted by CoolBlue View Post
            Will she win enough money to pay for her bus fare home?

I'm not sure it really matters whether she can compete. The sport is about more than talent, otherwise Jimmy wouldn't have been given some of his wildcard spots in the last few seasons.

Comment

Originally Posted by madman View Post
              Totally unwarranted and unjustified. As lovely as girl she is, and its nice that Hearn is trying to help the ladies, and it might give us a bit more publicity. But at the end of the day, she is not in the same class as the men pro's. She's a good player, but not as good i think as Karen Corr was, Allison Fisher, Kelly Fisher.

There are many Amateurs out there more deserving than Reanne i'm afraid, and i am all for giving talent a chance, but the mens snooker is completely out of her league. Even if she can win one match here or there, its a pointless effort to promote ladies snooker. By being relegated in her first season, its a wasted wildcard.

And if you are all honest with yourselves, everybody knows shes's a great player for a lady, but come on, lets not get carried away. We saw it with the golf, and looked what happened there. Bit dissappointed with this if it is true!
              First off, having more female players means more female fans.

Secondly, it would seem to be much easier for women 9ball players to compete with the men, yet they can't. Expecting it in snooker is unrealistic as well.

But looking at sponsorship interest in 9ball, it's pretty clear having attractive female players is never a bad thing.

Comment

well you can now stop arguing and start complaining, because she officially got a wildcard: => Ladies' snooker world champion Reanne Evans set for men's tour after being awarded wild card

nice video of Allison btw ;-)

Comment

"She makes more money on the mens tour, going out in the first round more often than not, than she ever would of by sticking in the womens world champs. "
                  Well that's not going to happen on snooker MT!! Don't even cover your expenses!!

Comment

Working...
                  X