Top 10 Snooker Cue Manufacturers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Osborne
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
      Robert Osborne
      Yep forget about him.

Comment

• John Parris, Stamford, Mike Wooldridge these do not make the cues from start to finish

Comment

• It is very complicated you order a cue for John Parris Ultimate and wait more than 15 months and know that it was not he who made the cue and pay dearly for the cue

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
            Robert Osborne
            Does he make them all by himself ?

Comment

• Originally Posted by tira ficha View Post
              John Parris, Stamford, Mike Wooldridge these do not make the cues from start to finish
              Did you not read my post??

Comment

• Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                Originally Posted by tira ficha View Post
                which manufacturers who actually do their cues and do not ask for your employees to

Did you not read my post??
                Did you attach the wrong quote ?

Sorry Leo, I thought you said " forgot" , not "forget" about him.

Look at that, two wrongs DO make a right.
                Last edited by billabong; 28 January 2015, 01:13 PM.

Comment

• Interested thread.

I am curious, how do the top manufacturers test the cues to know that it is good enough to carry their names on the badges?

Do they do test hits to feel the cue? Slap on the shaft to feel the vibrations/stiffness etc?

The makers mentioned here are obviously very busy with all the orders.

Is it even feasible to test every cue since i would imagine that a lot of time is needed?

Comment

• I was never a top cue maker but when I had four or five made I used to go to a quiet pub and batter balls about, this let me know the ferrules, weight and tip were ok for selling, also good excuse for a quick pint.

Comment

• Originally Posted by bigandyg View Post
                      I was never a top cue maker but when I had four or five made I used to go to a quiet pub and batter balls about, this let me know the ferrules, weight and tip were ok for selling, also good excuse for a quick pint.
                      LOL, of course maybe the top makers should have a pub on site, in order to test the cues. .

Comment

• Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                        LOL, of course maybe the top makers should have a pub on site, in order to test the cues. .
                        Could be a winner that Bill, get them drunk and they will buy more.

Comment

• Beyond certain basic parameters judging the playing ability of all cues becomes a subjective argument. The question of aesthetics is the much the same. Finish quality is more easily judged objectively, but beyond a certain price point, the difference between different makers should be small. I had a very early Parris back when he was still making cues himself, I believe, around 1987. It was certainly John himself I discussed my order with and was firmly led to believe he would be hands-on in all stages of its construction. It was a decent cue, but nothing special in the playing stakes. I then had Tony Glover make me a cue in the mid 90s. This was a better cue all round and I still have it. My most recent cue from one of the leading makers is a Trevor White and it plays the best of the lot in my opinion. It is not, from what I can see, any better made than the Glover, but both are a step up from that early Parris. Just my personal experience over the years.

Comment

• Originally Posted by vallbona4
                            yo estoy muy contente con mi riley elegance
                            I'm sure you are

Comment

• mi trevor white juega como un sueƱo...
                              When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by bigandyg View Post
                                I was never a top cue maker but when I had four or five made I used to go to a quiet pub and batter balls about, this let me know the ferrules, weight and tip were ok for selling, also good excuse for a quick pint.
                                very wise
                                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                                X