The Ashes . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This just keeps getting better

38.4 Johnson to J Root, out Caught by S Smith!! What are you doing England? Just a few minutes to go for the Tea break and Root has thrown it away. Full and slanting across the right-hander, another of those deliveries that could have been easily left alone, instead Root drives away from the body and gets a healthy edge that flies to third slip. I think this is more about handling the nerves. J Root c S Smith b Johnson 2(7)

40.3 Johnson to Swann, out Caught by Bailey!! If you have invested in short-leg today, you have had a field day today. Good length delivery slightly shaping back into the right-hander, Swann tries to flick but only manages an inside edge, the ball goes straight to the fielder off the pad. Swann c Bailey b Johnson 0(5)

England lost 6 wickets for 9 runs in the last 10 overs.

8/91

Bwahahaha

Update: The ball Swann was dismissed was a no-ball, Johnson overstepped. Umpire Dharmasena missed it.
    Last edited by mythman69; 22 November 2013, 04:42 AM.
    My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
    I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

I never believed all the hype of an England walkover in Australia , if you look at ashes match in the summer they could easily have lost that, and that was on their own pitches , I think they will be lucky to draw this series could even lose it 3-1
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

cricket is a silly game ... I never liked it ...

Comment

Looks like England's rain dance is working . . .

My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.

Comment

Gee. This thread has gone quiet.

Hmmmm, I wonder why.

Comment

One to the Aussies 4 to go.

Comment

I didn't see anything I wasn't expecting, childish behaviour by the Aussies , and poor batting by the England top order, who only average low twenties , apart from KP who just nudges 30 away from home against the top sides.
                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
                  Gee. This thread has gone quiet.

Hmmmm, I wonder why.

errr ... is there something going on down under? ... I've been too busy watching the excellent Champion of Champions snooker tournament to take any notice ...

Comment

Originally Posted by DandyA View Post
                    errr ... is there something going on down under? ... I've been too busy watching the excellent Champion of Champions snooker tournament to take any notice ...
                    I suppose you were too busy watching snooker to see the Rugby League match between England and New Zealand too.

Wow, what a game. That was one of the best I have ever seen.

Here is some commentary for you:

Fulltime This kick now, here we go.. to win it.. OVER YES YES YES!! THE KIWIS ARE IN THE GRAND FINAL!! WHAT A FINISH!! UNREAL!! YES! SHAUN JOHNSON YOU BEAUTY!

80 mins Last throw of the dice now, the Kiwis start a set 30 from their own line. 3rd tackle on halfway... fourth now, 30 out... PENALTY KIWIS!! Less than a minute to go, here come the Kiwis. Seconds remaining... 15 out! LUKE IS A METRE SHORT!! WHAT! JOHNSON NOW!! JOHNSON STEPS INSIDE JOHNSON OVER THE LINE JOHNSON YOU BEAUTY!! JOHNSON THE TRRRRRRRYYYYYY!! YYEEEEEESSS!! SHAUN JOHNSON THE HERO!! 18-18!!! WHAT A GAME PEOPLE!!

78 mins Still there! A metre out.. last tackle.. Foran kicks to the corner.. SBW rises LOSES IT! KNOCK ON! England have the ball back with two minutes remaining. So close!

76 mins Four minutes to go and NZ have it 10 short of halfway as they start a fresh set. Kick goes to the corner from the last tackle, up it goes, down it comes, kicked dead by England. Line dropout!!

72 mins Righto, the Kiwis need to make something happen. They've got it just on halfway. Johnson kicks over the top for himself but England regather and they have the ball back!

69 mins Burgess through a hole! uh-oh, BURGESS.. SAM BURGESS OVER THE LINE ENGLAND TRY!! ENGLAND TRY! ENGLAND IN FRONT!! Boom! Huge play!Sinfield converts it! 18-14!! Oh my!

Read more: http://www.3news.co.nz/VIDEO-HIGHLIG...#ixzz2lbqxmxWk

Comment

well I don't follow rugby of either persuasion but I was a bit worried about the cricket test the last time I saw the score a couple of days ago ...

how did England do? did we manage to bat out a draw or even a win?

Comment

well I don't follow rugby of either persuasion but I was a bit worried about the cricket test the last time I saw the score a couple of days ago ...

how did England do? did we manage to bat out a draw or even a win?
                        381-run defeat

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/cricke...d-full-2813188

Comment

oh well, never mind ... at least the snooker has been good and the UK Championship starts in a couple of days :snooker:

Comment

oh well, never mind ... at least the snooker has been good and the UK Championship starts in a couple of days :snooker:
                            Hopefully Australia can beat all comers here too.

Comment

Hopefully Australia can beat all comers here too.

just to add, referring to the discussion we're having about streaming on the "Champion of Champions" thread, we don't get test cricket on our free-to-air channels ... the ECB decided a long time ago to sell the rights to Rupert Murdoch ...

probably a good decision ... us poms can simply ignore it if we're losing and go down the pub to watch it if we're winning

Comment

just to add, referring to the discussion we're having about streaming on the "Champion of Champions" thread, we don't get test cricket on our free-to-air channels ... the ECB decided a long time ago to sell the rights to Rupert Murdoch ...

probably a good decision ... us poms can simply ignore it if we're losing and go down the pub to watch it if we're winning
                                We have the cricket on Channel 9 here in Australia. Free to air i.e. 1,000,000 adverts for KFC, Commonwealth Bank and whatever other crap shows are coming up on Channel 9. I just hate how the commentators start talking about some terrible show coming up on Channel 9 during the cricket. I tend to turn down the volume and listen on ABC radio. Much better commentary and no adverts.

They also sometimes decide to cut off the last 1/2 hour of the day's play so they can go to their awful news where they talk about the cricket. Then at the end of the news they say "oh by the way, England are all out and now here is A Current Affair."

Grrrr!

Comment

Working...
                                X