Brand new john parris ultimate cue for sale 1 piece ash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by danam1 View Post
    Why should we pay VAT on this cue if it's already been paid?
    Like you said he's probably not a business so he shouldn't charge VAT.

ATB
    Danny
    While I don't see the value in this cue at this price I do understand that the total price he paid would have included VAT. The prices on the Parris Cues site are subject to VAT.

I think that is the point Kezman is making.
    On Cue Facebook Page
    Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
    Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
      While I don't see the value in this cue at this price I do understand that the total price he paid would have included VAT. The prices on the Parris Cues site are subject to VAT.

I think that is the point Kezman is making.
      I totally agree, but VAT doesn't need to be paid twice.
      What I'm saying is if the VAT is knocked off, the price would be a bit more realistic.
      ATB
      Danny
      Did you put my "1" up ?

Comment

Oh dear, my old economics lecturers would be turning in their graves (if they were dead).

A good or service is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. As a seller you can offer something for sale at whatever price you choose, it's your property it's your perogative. As a buyer if you don't agree with the asking price, you don't buy it. I don't see Kez holding a shotgun to your head (or anyone else's) and demanding you pay his valuation.

The talk of VAT already having been paid so should be knocked off is a strange concept.. If I was fortunate enough to buy bugatti veyron for £1.2m (nice chunk of which is £200k VAT).. is it only worth £1m the moment I buy it?
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Old cue collector --
        Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
        (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by danam1 View Post
          I totally agree, but VAT doesn't need to be paid twice.
          What I'm saying is if the VAT is knocked off, the price would be a bit more realistic.
          ATB
          Danny
          VAT isn't being paid twice!

If we blame anybody blame John Parris. He chooses not to list prices inclusive of VAT on his website then everyone refers to the fact they had to pay VAT on top of that. I wondered why he does this till I bought a cue from a resident of UAE who didn't pay the VAT. It is possibly a sign that most of JP's custom is coming from overseas.

The second hand JP market is a mess because of a handful of people listing cues at elevated prices and this makes others think that this is how JP cue are valued. It is not good for Snooker Players.
          On Cue Facebook Page
          Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
          Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
            Oh dear, my old economics lecturers would be turning in their graves (if they were dead).

A good or service is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. As a seller you can offer something for sale at whatever price you choose, it's your property it's your perogative. As a buyer if you don't agree with the asking price, you don't buy it. I don't see Kez holding a shotgun to your head (or anyone else's) and demanding you pay his valuation.

The talk of VAT already having been paid so should be knocked off is a strange concept.. If I was fortunate enough to buy bugatti veyron for £1.2m (nice chunk of which is £200k VAT).. is it only worth £1m the moment I buy it?
            its worth much less than that about £650-700k after 12 months! http://www.mobiya.co.uk/view/wjtdatwa personally i want this one! http://www.jameslist.com/advert/1368...bugatti-veyron
            Last edited by ADR147; 24 March 2011, 08:24 PM.
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

£700 for a plain ultimate ? Even if thats true and 240 for the case there's still 350 profit in there not 100 ? If anyone's daft enough to pay it then good luck I suppose

Comment

Originally Posted by Mr O View Post
                £700 for a plain ultimate ? Even if thats true and 240 for the case there's still 350 profit in there not 100 ? If anyone's daft enough to pay it then good luck I suppose
                it is not plain ultimate cue, it has 4 secondary splices on top of the plain ultimate price plus Sd joint on top.i want 1100-940=160 less postage 140. i am hear if you need some extra math lessons lol.

Comment

Hi Fedia think its you who needs the maths lessons
                  You said you were making £100, that has now become £140, but the asking price on your ad is £1300, so really your trying to make £360

Comment

I think we're losing the point here. The forum is a snooker community, it is for sharing ideas and opinions, and for helping each other.
                    Of course it is also a good place to trade cues and accessories, nothing wrong with that.
                    What it isn't, or shouldn't be IMO, is a place to be used blatantly for profit-making.
                    Oh, and that's a bad miss.

Comment

I will stick with my Super Duper Trabant.
                      :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by nevets View Post
                        I think we're losing the point here. The forum is a snooker community, it is for sharing ideas and opinions, and for helping each other.
                        Of course it is also a good place to trade cues and accessories, nothing wrong with that.
                        What it isn't, or shouldn't be IMO, is a place to be used blatantly for profit-making.
                        People make £100's on cues sold on here everyday, there's at least one poster in this thread I know has almost trebled their money on a cue sold on here not so long ago. Not that I think there's anything wrong with that at all, but to think everyone is giving stuff away for the good of the community isn't true.
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Old cue collector --
                        Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                        (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                          Hi Fedia think its you who needs the maths lessons
                          You said you were making £100, that has now become £140, but the asking price on your ad is £1300, so really your trying to make £360
                          Hello mate how are you? Did you sell your traditional fake cue which is 10 years old, with the dodgy sd joint. My maths is ok so far and i still learning Japanese way to count!!!

Comment

Nothing dodgy about the Sd joint Fedia, i said it was done by Craftsmans didn't i ??
                            How do the Japanese count then lol

Comment

Originally Posted by kezman View Post
                              Did you sell your traditional fake cue which is 10 years old, with the dodgy sd joint.
                              LMAO.....:snooker:

Comment

I have some really old JP cues, some classics, and some champions and i have to say they are great hitting, they are all older then 10 years old and none even come with a mini butt...I got these cues (well my dad at the time because i was just a boy) from JP and they never cost more then 500 Canadian besides one old Ultimate witch with a case and extions was around 800 canadian. I for the life of me cant understand why people are trying to double or even triple their money on these cues?

Is it greed? or are people really paying these prices?

Comment

Working...
                                X