New ADR147 Laminated Cue Tips!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by simmo View Post
    i use talisman soft are adr147 as good .
    As good as? No they're much, much better than Talisman Pro soft, they don't sound wooden, better grip, better feel and hold chalk!

Comment

After a long snooker league season Ive finally had chance to try out my ADR147 laminated tip. Wow what can I say. These tips are the bees knees. Its holds the chalk well, its kept its shape & is very responsive with the cueball. I will definately be ordering a new batch.

Well done ADR147

Regards

Phil

Comment

where can i get a ADR147 soft tip

Comment

Originally Posted by Philk1958 View Post
          After a long snooker league season Ive finally had chance to try out my ADR147 laminated tip. Wow what can I say. These tips are the bees knees. Its holds the chalk well, its kept its shape & is very responsive with the cueball. I will definately be ordering a new batch.

Well done ADR147

Regards

Phil
          thanks phil - glad you like them.
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by simmo View Post
            where can i get a ADR147 soft tip
            you could ask him or on my ebay if you want to waste a pound.

Comment

My adr147 tips arrived today. Put them on two different cues. So will update later how they fair. So far so good in the shaping department.
              Always a pleasure

Comment

What do you all use to shape?

I think my files are too small, takes forever lol

Comment

Originally Posted by Phil C View Post
                  What do you all use to shape?

I think my files are too small, takes forever lol
                  Craft knife then sand paper or the metal shaper I got. Which is a great tool. http://www.craftsmancues.com/acatalog/info%5f713%2ehtml
                  Always a pleasure

Comment

Cheers mate.

Yeah I used the craft knife and sandpaper last time, took a little while for the tips to become smooth and domed after chopping it to bits lol

Comment

• How many layers do you usually leave on Andrew? I'm thinking it could have done with another...

IMG_1188.JPG

but I like quite a small tip, with nowhere near the amount of dome you see on some people's cues.
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Old cue collector --
                      Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                      (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Finally got round to trying the adr147 tip playing pool, really can't fault it, brilliant tips. Take a bow Andrew

Comment

• Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
                          How many layers do you usually leave on Andrew? I'm thinking it could have done with another...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16063[/ATTACH]

but I like quite a small tip, with nowhere near the amount of dome you see on some people's cues.
                          i leave about double that tip but should work whatever you leave. i guess when you like that small you need to compress first.

Comment

• So last night I used the ADR147 tip on two different cues. One cue weighing 17.6 oz the other 18.5 oz

My initial thought and feel of the tip was medium/hard feel when playing plain ball shots. On power shots the tip was a lot firmer and had a nice sound to it. No thuds or clinks. In and around the reds and blacks on break building. The tip is very responsive on stun and screw shots. When putting top on the white ball I noticed a better a contact and more response than stun and screw shots. Not sure why this is. Maybe just the way I play. The sound of the tip is a big thing for me and I don't like noisy ones. This one clearly passed the test. I would be interested in what the soft tip is like.

I realise that at £5 each these tips aren't everyone's cup of tea. But think those who fancy something different. Then I'd recommend them.

One last thing. After a few frames of snooker the tip bedded in quite nicely but I did have to lightly sand around the edges.

A quality product.
                            Always a pleasure

Comment

• These are the best tips I have ever used just got
                              My highest break today in play a 129 and I put it
                              Down to the tip , great control holds it shape , just magic.
                              Thanks Adr147

Comment

• Just bought one on eBay, looking forward to it :-) good reviews

Comment

Working...
                                X