New ADR147 Laminated Cue Tips!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
    plus they cap what you can charge for the postage sometimes to less than it actually costs to send!
    Any chance of a free sample to see if they are any good

Comment

Originally Posted by TornadoTed View Post
      I have been using Talisman Soft for years but I don't know if it was a dodgy batch or the quality has gone down but I ended up throwing away quite a few of the last lot before finding an ok one.

Anyway I am interested in trying on the ADR147 laminated tips, how would they compare in hardness to a Talisman Soft?
      Hardness wise id say fairly similar to Talisman soft, but you get much better grip and chalk retention with the Adr147 tips and don't get the awful ping/wooden click sound you do with Talisman

Comment

Every time I play the tip feels better and better! Can't beat them imo

Comment

i have a few softer and a few harder on order also. but for me the medium is perfect.
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

i have a few softer and a few harder on order also. but for me the medium is perfect.
            Obviously some people want harder or softer versions but I think harder won't hold the chalk quite aswell and possibly won't bite the cue ball and softer will mushroom and need more regular re-shaping so won't last as long. Can't see the need for anything other than the current medium myself. Suppose a soft version may be slightly better for pool but haven't tried the medium for pool yet, they could be perfect for pool also

Comment

They are excellent for pool I always used MW tips but these are great for pool and snooker

Comment

Originally Posted by renzie67 View Post
                They are excellent for pool I always used MW tips but these are great for pool and snooker
                i honestly don't know of a better tip.

Comment

Originally Posted by renzie67 View Post
                  It'll be on my snooker cue but ill be trying the Adr tip on the pool table tomorrow night, I've got high expectations with how good they are for snooker. Still using diamond plus for pool and love them, I'll be re-tipping soon though so may well switch

Comment

Can anyone tell me how these feel compared to an elk ? I love the elk tips but I've had 3 on my cue in the last 2 weeks before I got a one that didn't flatted after a frame of play . Thanks

Comment

Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post
                      Can anyone tell me how these feel compared to an elk ? I love the elk tips but I've had 3 on my cue in the last 2 weeks before I got a one that didn't flatted after a frame of play . Thanks
                      elks vary a lot and can feel hard or soft etc so any laminated tip is different.

Comment

Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post
                        You need to bed elks in, some will take a few frames others many frames, depending how hard they're to start with

Comment

Ordered one about a week ago, Can not wait for it to come and see what their like. Going to be using it on an 8mm pool cue. My elk master lasted about half a pool season, Down to the bare ferrule nearly. Used a talisman, Kamui med/hard, omen red and many others in the past and they felt tingy hard, Hope these are different, If i get on with it probably never use another tip again

Comment

Got mine today looking forward to trying out at the weekend

Comment

elks vary a lot and can feel hard or soft etc so any laminated tip is different.
                              I usually use elk. But ordered some from adr147 today. So will let you know how they go. I'll put them on a couple of cues to test them out.
                              Always a pleasure

Comment

Originally Posted by jarvis=1 View Post
                                Ordered one about a week ago, Can not wait for it to come and see what their like. Going to be using it on an 8mm pool cue. My elk master lasted about half a pool season, Down to the bare ferrule nearly. Used a talisman, Kamui med/hard, omen red and many others in the past and they felt tingy hard, Hope these are different, If i get on with it probably never use another tip again
                                i hope you like it - for the next batch i have a limited number in soft and hard as well for those who have such preferences.

Comment

Working...
                                X