New ADR147 Laminated Cue Tips!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    I don't know if anyone has reported on this but what's the sound of the hit like, I had an Omin red tip on once ,quite like the tip but it sounded horrible.
    the o'min reds are made by tony jones and have a bit of a ping to them, these make a duller noise.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I don't know if anyone has reported on this but what's the sound of the hit like, I had an Omin red tip on once ,quite like the tip but it sounded horrible.
      O'min red definitely have a ping sound, Talisman pro sound like your hitting the cue ball directly with the wood of the cue, the Adr147 tips don't sound much different to a firm elk, no weird or horrible sounds from them just a clean strike

Comment

Cheers Dave, and ADR, I did like that Omin tip , but it was pingy as you said.
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Cheers Dave, and ADR, I did like that Omin tip , but it was pingy as you said.
          always the difficult thing to get used to the different sound.

Comment

Do these come in a soft version ? Im currently using a phoenix soft laminated tip, if I can get one that feels similar I'll probably give them a go.
            sigpic

Comment

They are not available at the moment, He did tell me if there was a big enough demand he would look into getting them in a Soft version. I used Talisman Pro Soft's before and these feel very similar:snooker:

Comment

Got mine yesterday, not a fan of laminate tips in general but was doing a cue up for my dad who is.
                Was easy to fit and looks great, more importantly feels amazing, so much so I bit my MW tip off in a Ronnie stylie and stuck one on my own cue.
                Have to say I've always been a bit of a tip trollop and usually end up reverting back to supertips, but think I'll try and stay faithful this time.
                Well done Andy!
                No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Originally Posted by culraven View Post
                  Got mine yesterday, not a fan of laminate tips in general but was doing a cue up for my dad who is.
                  Was easy to fit and looks great, more importantly feels amazing, so much so I bit my MW tip off in a Ronnie stylie and stuck one on my own cue.
                  Have to say I've always been a bit of a tip trollop and usually end up reverting back to supertips, but think I'll try and stay faithful this time.
                  Well done Andy!
                  getting a decent following already, packaging etc should be ready this week.

Comment

Got mine. Very well made and great feel. Tumbs up!
                    Proud winner of the 2009 Premier League Semi-Final Prediction Contest

Comment

Where can I get one of these tips? can't find them on the ebay store

Comment

Originally Posted by 8ball83 View Post
                        Where can I get one of these tips? can't find them on the ebay store
                        yep not got round to it yet! email me adr147@hotmail.com

Comment

Put one on tonight and they play well straight away, very similar to Talisman but a bit nicer sound imho.

Well done Andrew, very nice product.

Comment

Originally Posted by nlm247 View Post
                            Put one on tonight and they play well straight away, very similar to Talisman but a bit nicer sound imho.

Well done Andrew, very nice product.
                            the results so far have been superb a few folks want it softer though - if only they knew how difficult that is to do!

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                              the results so far have been superb a few folks want it softer though - if only they knew how difficult that is to do!
                              Well I'm going to be a bit of a **** and go against the trend. sorry I tried them the other day and actually found them too soft for me but I could have left them too high I'll try cutting them down and play again. They also lack the metallic sound that the bullet hard tips make, I know that lots of people hate that so it's just me. Apart from that though couldn't fault, takes chalk well good reaction etc

Comment

Originally Posted by RogiBear View Post
                                Well I'm going to be a bit of a **** and go against the trend. sorry I tried them the other day and actually found them too soft for me but I could have left them too high I'll try cutting them down and play again. They also lack the metallic sound that the bullet hard tips make, I know that lots of people hate that so it's just me. Apart from that though couldn't fault, takes chalk well good reaction etc
                                I'm sure nobody thinks your being a bit of a **** ( I presume it started with S and ended with T ? )

Andrew will prefer accurate feedback both positive and negative, when people are assessing

how they find the tips play.

:snooker:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                                X