Ronnie and Kamui Chalk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by barrywhite View Post
    I can't see it being putty, it has to be crushed and reformed rock of some sort I guess, like all chalk.
    He meant the consistency

Comment

[QUOTE=LucLex3119;869944]
      Originally Posted by Denbo147 View Post
      Doesn't mean you ain't a tit pal. Post something interesting instead of complete ****e all the time. Bore off.
      You have been reported so don't carry on or you will get banned.

Join date December 15, is Bolton back?[/QUOTE

Hahaaa can you tell mummy on me too please? Zzzz]

Comment

[QUOTE=aucott80;870182]
        Originally Posted by LucLex3119 View Post

You have been reported so don't carry on or you will get banned.

Join date December 15, is Bolton back?[/QUOTE

Hahaaa can you tell mummy on me too please? Zzzz]
        Another keyboard warrior trolling threads and contributing nothing with pathetic immature posts.

Comment

[QUOTE=LucLex3119;870190]
          Originally Posted by aucott80 View Post

Another keyboard warrior trolling threads and contributing nothing with pathetic immature posts.
          Dunno mate, it fought to get out of that egg.

Comment

Mate, I don't report anyone. At the same time tetricky has a point about the board descending into name calling nonsense. We've got some ****wombles saying stuff they'd be decked for in a pub. Seriously, they need to get a grip. Name calling, that's kids stuff man.

Anyway, apparently Kamui chalk leads to less kicks. I've never bought any but if folk have any ideas, shout out.

And then there's cloth thickness affecting kicks and how much a ball jumps up in the air on contact/impact; hmmmmmm (another thread there baz...............)
            Kamui chalk does not market itself as a product to reduce kicks. It sticks so badly to the CB I'd be amazed if they didn't increase kicks, and quite dramatically.

KC does what it says on the tin - its pastey composition allows you to play more shots between chalkings without miscueing. Kamui also claim increased grip and decreased CB deflection, but YMMV.

The disadvantages outweight the advantages IMO, and it is completely unnecessary for more finesse games like snooker or E8B.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
              do you remember the putty that used to be used to replace windows when you were a kid? that is kamaui chalk - it is dreadful !!
              It has its uses, especially in american pool. Heavier balls compress tips a lot, which leads to glazing, especially layered (yeah, layered) tips, so a thicker application of chalk really helps reduce miscues when your tip has gone shiney. It is also excellent on phenolics (break or jump tips).

And it's a blessing for those of us that can't be arsed to chalk after every shot, too.

Comment

Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post
                Tried kamui chalk and hated it . For me master chalk was easily more grippy but master chalk also goes everywhere and makes a mess. I now use silver cup . I find it better than triangle but not quite as grippe as master . But it leaves virtually no mess and leaves no chalk marks on the cloth etc
                There's nowt so queer as folk.

Comment

I can't see it being putty, it has to be crushed and reformed rock of some sort I guess, like all chalk.
                  Anyone interested in the composition of billiards related products could do worse than searching for whatever they are interested in on AZBilliards, where virtually everything has been sliced n diced a hundred times.

See dr Dave's website for his chalk tests, although no chalk test can be complete without the starting point for utter gash - pioneer. I don't know what the opposite of chalk is, but they've perfected it.

Comment

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
                    Anyone interested in the composition of billiards related products could do worse than searching for whatever they are interested in on AZBilliards, where virtually everything has been sliced n diced a hundred times.

See dr Dave's website for his chalk tests, although no chalk test can be complete without the starting point for utter gash - pioneer. I don't know what the opposite of chalk is, but they've perfected it.
                    Have you used Empire chalk Big Shot, is it any good?

Comment

It has its uses, especially in american pool. Heavier balls compress tips a lot, which leads to glazing, especially layered (yeah, layered) tips, so a thicker application of chalk really helps reduce miscues when your tip has gone shiney. It is also excellent on phenolics (break or jump tips).

And it's a blessing for those of us that can't be arsed to chalk after every shot, too.
                      Do you prefer it to regular Triangle/Masters?

*Pioneer - yeah, most chalk is made from ground silica and corundum but I think Pioneer avoid grinding and simply put a lump of rock in a paper wrapper.
                      Last edited by barrywhite; 22 January 2016, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Has anyone used Blue Diamond chalk?
                        Apparently some pool pros swear by it for adhesion and cue ball control.

£1.80 a cube:
                        https://www.athleteshop.co.uk/krijt-...FRThGwodvJICPQ

Comment

There's nowt so queer as folk.

Just stating my own opinion . Others may differ .

Comment

Has anyone used Blue Diamond chalk?
                            Apparently some pool pros swear by it for adhesion and cue ball control.

£1.80 a cube:
                            https://www.athleteshop.co.uk/krijt-...FRThGwodvJICPQ
                            Blue diamond is terrific. I only use triangle for snooker or E8B, am not really familiar with 'green' chalks, but have used virtually every 'blue' chalk going, and BD is the best I've tried. Russian Magic Chalk gets univerally praised, so I'll switch to that if and when i start playing american pool again.

Your link doesn't work - would be surprised to see it at that price. There is also a lot of fake chalk about, if you can believe it. Last box of blue triangle i received was fake.

Comment

Originally Posted by markz View Post
                              Have you used Empire chalk Big Shot, is it any good?
                              No, i don't think so, but i do seem to accumulate chalk, will probably have some somewhere. My gut feeling is it's repackaged pioneer, silver cup or one of the other ultra cheapies. Probably best to avoid.

Comment

Do you prefer it to regular Triangle/Masters?

*Pioneer - yeah, most chalk is made from ground silica and corundum but I think Pioneer avoid grinding and simply put a lump of rock in a paper wrapper.
                                Kamui? Yes, of course. It's a terrific, innovative product. It frees you from the tyranny of constant chalking, which is great when practising as hunting for chalk can break the flow. But its negatives outweigh the positives, especially in terms of plastering chalk all over the CB. I've never used version 1.21 so maybe that's less of a problem, i dont know.

Rock? One of Barton's better challenges on AZ invloved someone drawing a ball the full length of the table using nothing but dry wall. Cost him 500 bucks if iirc lol. So there you have, if it's a case of pioneer chalk or sticking your tip in plasterboard, go for the latter.

Comment

Working...
                                X