martin chesworth snooker cues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
    I've read the last posts on this thread and i have to say that i'm totally amazed at the sweeping allegations made on here . Yet no proof to back anything up . How on earth a cuemaker is accused of not making his own shafts and then the guy still wants to buy a cue from him is quite ludicrous . Surely you would be better buying from one of the dealers who make 99% of their own shafts [ as your friends in high places surely must have told you ! ] .

I can quite see why Trevor White would be very upset by these allegations and would surely want to put his point of view / side across . Yet he is then accused of having something to hide because he quite rightly disagrees with the allegations .

12 MONTH waiting list for a cue but the majority of shafts are imported . He must take bloody ages to turn them round !! Surely the length of time to make the cue tells you that all his cues are made by the man himself .

Unless you have personally witnessed Trevor White making cues with imported shafts , may i suggest you withdraw you malicious allegations asap .
    In my opinion Trevor, you have to spend too much time defending yourself on the forum. I could be wrong but I truly believe most of us who have bought or are buying a cue from you have done so on the positive feedback left from other members or have been luckily enough to have used one of your cues already and not on the odd one or two unwarranted negative comments made by someone whom it seems has not taken the time to get his facts right before putting them up on a open forum. Keep up the good work and try ignoring these comments.
    P.S. get back to work I’m chapping at the bit waiting on my cues lol

Comment

I had a cue made by Martin Chesworth about 6 years ago now. I only dealt with him by email and phone and I found him to be pretty helpful but did feel he was very keen to 'up-sell' the cue, accessories and cases in a way that felt similar to the approach of a time-share salesman or other heavy commission based sales roles, He did throw in a chalk pouch for free though!

The cue that arrived differed slightly in the cue I ordered, Martin did offer to replace it with no quibbles, I kept it but it never suited me really and was sold on. Having read some of the information on this forum I feel a little cheated and as a result would not be happy to buy another of his own cues and would not be happy paying over the odds for any of his stock cues.

Martin Chesworth Cues is a business, he is there to make profit and we have choices as to whether we see value in his service whether that justifies his escalated prices. If not there is plenty of choice, well up north anyway, and we can vote with our wallets.
      On Cue Facebook Page
      Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
      Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

said it yourself mate, we can all deiced ourselves. but i do feel if i walked into his shop and found a cue that felt just right then i would be more than happy to pay over the odds for it. keep in mind how much you can spend chasing the perfect cue. changing cues all the time can cost you a small fortune even if you only lose a small amount selling them on it all adds up and make sense to paying over the odds for "the cue"

Comment

Working...
        X