No announcement yet.

Exquisite Cues my latest work!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im currently tapering down some ash and leaving it an inch longer then usual as I have had a few requests for 59 inch cues.
    You can always just add / dowel an inch piece of ash to the butt but then you have to re-find the centre and get that wrong and you have a bent cue. So latest batch Ive left a few shafts longer.
    Give me a shout if anyone wants to order.

I do tend to avoid offering a choice of ash from pics as I dont have a 100% hit rate and if I screw up the splices on your chosen piece then we have to start again and it doesnt look very professional.
    http://thecueguru.weebly.com/

Comment

Just because he sent one that was 59inches long doesnt make anyone wrong? As stated raymo is making cues at standard size and spec, he can splice extra length if required once the cue has been chosen and paid for or can re-ferrule to make shorter or thicker, quite simple.

Comment

[QUOTE=SteveDay;680084]I understand that it felt like an accusation to you, that's why I said you sounded paranoid. Just because you inferred an accusation doesn't mean I intentionally implied one. You just got your back up and started being defensive about something that wasn't even suggested.

Not everyone is aware of how importance of customer service to the customers!

Comment

[QUOTE=cueinhand;680112]
          Originally Posted by SteveDay View Post
          I understand that it felt like an accusation to you, that's why I said you sounded paranoid. Just because you inferred an accusation doesn't mean I intentionally implied one. You just got your back up and started being defensive about something that wasn't even suggested.

Not everyone is aware of how importance of customer service to the customers!
          For the most part, these guys are one man bands, they're not Tescos. If they choose not to want to take progress photos etc. fair enough, nobody is forcing you to buy from them. If you are not happy with the service, move on try someone else. Rather than moan about it, take your money elsewhere - we all have choices.

If I was a cue maker I would probably tell most of you to pi55 off lol

For what it's worth, I had no issues buying a cue from Raymond, I only wish I had kept it now, it was superb and his communication was second to none.

Comment

Raymo,

I am happy to come and visit you and your workshop in the new year and write a little piece for my recently started blog, which aims to clear up some of the misconceptions about cues and cuemakers by taking a glimpse behind the scenes and writing as I find. I don't want to take away all of the mystery as that is all part of the romance of the fabled top cuemakers but a chance to take a peek behind the scenes and feel a part of their order is a great way to boost interest in your craft and get more orders.

Let me know if you are interested.

Stu
            On Cue Facebook Page
            Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
            Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

I'm thinking of emailing Tesco and asking for photos of all the cows being milked and selecting which cow I want the milk from for my morning cuppa.

I'm sure they'd be happy to oblige

Comment

Originally Posted by Gerry Armstrong View Post
                I'm thinking of emailing Tesco and asking for photos of all the cows being milked and selecting which cow I want the milk from for my morning cuppa.

I'm thinking more about the making of cigars, thighs, young virgins etc.

Comment

Originally Posted by mrbluejay View Post
                  I'm thinking more about the making of cigars, thighs, young virgins etc.
                  Thinking about switching blog topics now
                  On Cue Facebook Page
                  Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
                  Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

Originally Posted by frazz View Post
                    Just because he sent one that was 59inches long doesnt make anyone wrong? As stated raymo is making cues at standard size and spec, he can splice extra length if required once the cue has been chosen and paid for or can re-ferrule to make shorter or thicker, quite simple.
                    The whole point is that the cue shouldn't need extra splicing if it's custom made to length. Anyone could buy in a cue and do that. If I'm going to pay for a handmade cue then that's what I expect.

A lot of inconsistency in information and comments regarding these cues now that I have looked at other posts. Why exactly would a guy in China buy a cue off someone that has no reputation or online presence outside this forum? How did all you fans or Raymo147 decide to buy a cue off someone that is just starting out? The only people happy with the cues bought are the same ones that repeatedly say how great they are and make sarcastic remarks about people wanting to see photographs!

As the people that are, quite conveniently showing up, to defend his cue making think that people wanting to have a choice in what wood they have used, etc then it's a safe assumption that those people are easily pleased and probably wouldn't tell a handmade cue from one bought in china and then altered as per specs. I read somewhere that he used to work for Osbornes, so am I too assume that he learned to make a cue there? As the workshop is fairly new then he hasn't much experience of making them at home. I take it the other workshop (Osbournes?) in the photos is where he used to make them?

As I said, and keep on saying, I was under the impression that Raymo147 made all his own cues, hence I wanted to get one made. I won't be buying from him now obviously because I have doubts in his work and whether he even makes them. A bunch of people on an internet forum repeating that he makes his own cues and that they've seen his workshop offers no reassurance. It's xmas soon and my son likes to visit Santa in his grotto, I'm not under any misconception that Santa actually makes his toys there although the way things are going I would probably be better off sitting on his lap and asking him for a cue this xmas!

If Raymo147 does indeed make his cues then good luck to him, but it's going to take more to make any business work than a bit of internet hearsay and having online buddies attack other people for wanting to have some input in what shaft gets used. However, if he, or anyone (and again, I'm not pointing fingers although Im going to guess you see fingers pointing anyway), is offering to put me on a waiting list for a handmade cue that's actually an altered bought in cue that I could have saved money by buying and having it altered, then all they are doing is attempting to rip me off.

What started as an innocent question and a request for a product has turned into the usual bunch of internet trolls jumping in just to argue for the sake of it.

Comment

You could do that but they will tell you that they don't make their own cows, they have a sustainable group (TSDG) of farmers which supply their dairy products. Much like cue makers buying in other people's cues and putting their own label on.

Comment

Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
                        Raymo,

I am happy to come and visit you and your workshop in the new year and write a little piece for my recently started blog, which aims to clear up some of the misconceptions about cues and cuemakers by taking a glimpse behind the scenes and writing as I find. I don't want to take away all of the mystery as that is all part of the romance of the fabled top cuemakers but a chance to take a peek behind the scenes and feel a part of their order is a great way to boost interest in your craft and get more orders.

Let me know if you are interested.

Stu
                        At last a sensible post on the matter

Comment

Originally Posted by SteveDay View Post

You could do that but they will tell you that they don't make their own cows, they have a sustainable group (TSDG) of farmers which supply their dairy products. Much like cue makers buying in other people's cues and putting their own label on.
                          Make their own cows? Lol!!

I don't think any cue makers make their own trees

Comment

Not true, Trevor owns a magic Forest.

Comment

If you had any clue about the size of market in china for British cue makers then you'd understand!
                              Most of my cues are sold to The Far East!
                              As for the blog il welcome that idea but doubt you will get in all other makers workshops as there are many different jigs/tools they won't want to share!
                              But if they all agree then I will.

Comment

Funny how all you can do is make sarcastic comments and then not get it when someone else is being sarcastic.

Comment

Working...
                                X