Exquisite Cues my latest work!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by SteveDay View Post
    Funny how all you can do is make sarcastic comments and then not get it when someone else is being sarcastic.
    I'm not the one not getting something.

Comment

Originally Posted by raymo147 View Post
      If you had any clue about the size of market in china for British cue makers then you'd understand!
      Most of my cues are sold to The Far East!
      I'm aware of the huge market in China for British cue makers, I just don't understand why anyone in China would buy a cue from someone that only seems to exist on this website and has no reputation in China. Most of your cues? How many cues have you sold to China and in the UK? You are just starting out but have sold cues internationally on the basis of what? As I said, inconsistencies.

Comment

On the base of making good cues at a good price! And also having worked with Robert Osborne has helped me massively!
        If you also look at Mac Cues by the doctor he also sells many cues to china!
        Crispian Jones also the same!
        His cases and now cues go all over the world!
        Is that ok with you now?
        Are we allowed to sell them there or is that illegal???

Comment

Originally Posted by Gerry Armstrong View Post
          I'm not the one not getting something.
          Ok, I apologise, you don't just make sarcastic comments.

Comment

On the base of making good cues at a good price! And also having worked with Robert Osborne has helped me massively!
            If you also look at Mac Cues by the doctor he also sells many cues to china!
            Crispian Jones also the same!
            His cases and now cues go all over the world!
            Is that ok with you now?
            Are we allowed to sell them there or is that illegal???
            I didn't say it was illegal to sell to China!

How do you gain a reputation for making good cues at a good price when you are only just starting out? Via this forum? Some guy that knows a guy that knows a guy knows you? My only knowledge of you came from this website, there was even a guy in a thread suggesting you made some of the best cues in the UK but it makes no sense now that I've looked into it because you really can't have made many at all! None of that has any connection with the issues raised though. As far as I can see you were expecting me to waste my time over a cue that you cannot even make! If there is one thing that your allies on here have agreed with it's that you do not make non-spec cues.

Comment

Heard of the phrase quality not quantity?

Comment

Wow just reading your posts you would never be invited to my workshop. You sound like a bellend.

Comment

Well you tell me how long I've been at this Steve? You tell me what I've been doing with my time or who I've worked with and how much money I've spent?
                  Cause you seem to know everything else!!!
                  And how can I not make many at all??
                  Can you not make a cue if you have ash like I do? Ebony as I do? A plane as I do? A bandsaw as I do? A lathe as I do? Joints and ferrules as I do???
                  And a place to work as I do???

Comment

@Steveday, you really know how to wind people up mate, and for no apparent reason !!, raymo has been making cues for quite sometime now, i had one myself, the reason they are selling so well is because of simple economics. He was/is pricing them at a level that is way below most cuemakers

Comment

Well said Paddy!!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by frazz View Post
                        Heard of the phrase quality not quantity?
                        Yeah, sure have, I fail to see how that's a response to anything though. A person could make the world's best cue, with mystical powers (made from wood from Trevor's magical forest) that promises to clear the table every break, but without sufficient marketing no one will even considering buying it from someone that has no reputation, especially someone in China that can order from a reputable maker found anywhere online.

Anyway, there really is no point in Raymo147's online buddies to ally up and throw out random comments. My conclusion regarding the matter is that I wouldn't buy a cue from him and, as per other people I have read, I am inclined to believe those that think he buys in cues and alters as per specs. He may well be starting out making cues, he has set up a workshop to maybe do so, but I don't believe that he as the experience of making them as has been implied. If people can't be honest then they shouldn't be in business. If you are doing as you say you are doing then you should have come forth and put people's minds at ease when asked about it. It would have been far easier to have provided photos or whatever people have asked for rather than spend time arguing and getting your online friends to back you up without evidence. If they want to trust you and buy from you, that's completely up to them. Anyone that has doubts can choose not to deal with you.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                          @Steveday, you really know how to wind people up mate, and for no apparent reason !!, raymo has been making cues for quite sometime now, i had one myself, the reason they are selling so well is because of simple economics. He was/is pricing them at a level that is way below most cuemakers
                          I had no intention of winding anyone up. I asked for a cue to be made, very simple, and then it turns out that I wouldn't be getting a cue made because he cannot make it! Then he starts saying all kinda crap about me accusing, which raised my suspicions, along with researching a few threads. The rest of you just chose to back him up regardless, that's your choice. I think there has been more people winding me up then I have, I'm just stating my thoughts on a matter that may have led to me wasting my time and probably getting ripped off.

Comment

Well said Paddy!!!!
                            Yeah, very well said, amazing retort. Shall we resort to childish name calliing? That proves everything, I'm wrong because I'm a bellend! lol

Comment

Your wrong because your trying to destroy somebody reputation without proof. Raymond already gave you photographic evidence of full ash blanks that he starts with. What is your agenda.

Comment

If you had any clue about the size of market in china for British cue makers then you'd understand!
                                Most of my cues are sold to The Far East!
                                As for the blog il welcome that idea but doubt you will get in all other makers workshops as there are many different jigs/tools they won't want to share!
                                But if they all agree then I will.
                                Raymo, the offer is there and whether you decide to take it for whatever reasons is your perogative! My reason for doing this is to better inform people about cues, the cuemaking process, and the crop of new cuemakers entering the market under their own names and brands. This is valuable exposure and will add faces, places and stories to cuemakers and their cues, and as we know 'people buy people....they like!'
                                On Cue Facebook Page
                                Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
                                Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

Working...
                                X