X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by mattyshinobi22 View Post
    nope not for sale as yet, maybe in future lol
    BOOO! Oh well. That middle one looks really nice too , i take it thats a pearwood shaft? Stiff?

Comment

• Originally Posted by deant1982 View Post
      Extracted from the Cues and Views website (David Smith and Andy Hunter), written in 2002 -

"Around 1900, Burroughes & Watts bought the patent design from Mannock and took over the production of the cues. These cues were also manufactured with "patented" and "registered" badges which were positioned half an inch higher on the butt so that a Burroughes & Watts stamp could be placed on the flat below. The patented version was only produced for a few years after which all their cues were marked "registered". At this time Ash and Maple also began to be used for the shafts. Pear and Maple shafted cues would fetch, £200-£300, Ash shafts, being less common, would bring £250-£350. Burroughes & Watts cues with a Snakewood front splice are also valued at £250-£350."
      interesting info. only seen a few ash ones. wonder what worth today, since that article wrote 10 years ago

Comment

• mycue dont laugh me
        triton finish is do it by myself
        another maple cue the snakewood is by myself
        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally Posted by markstar View Post
          mycue dont laugh me
          Very nice cues Markstar... keep up the good work!!
          When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

• nice clean splice work, very good mate keep going

Comment

• Originally Posted by damienlch View Post
              Very nice cues Markstar... keep up the good work!!
              Seconded. Screw what other ppl think. If the cue works for you, gradz!

Comment

• Originally Posted by markstar View Post
                mycue dont laugh me
                Keep up the good work Mark.
                It is nice to see someone so passionate and is trying to make something original.
                I like the finish, too. You never showed me those pictuers.
                Do you have some kind of tools or did you do that front splice all by hand? Good job!
                Anyway, thanks for sharing.
                Please post pictures of other wood craft you make id you don't mind, we all love to see that kind of things here on TSF.
                Cheers.
                www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

• you asked for it airin

Comment

• different

the final piece

Comment

• At the request of DeanH, here is a picture of a few of the cues I've made or in the process of making. Some you may have seen before.
                      The cue on the right has a pear shaft, and to keep the weight down has a titanium joint and ferule. And along with the cue in the middle its not quite finished yet.
                      The 2 cues on the left are made with lacewood shafts.
                      And then theres the 4 partially made ash shafts.
                      Before anyone asks, they are not for sale, at least not yet, and I'm not taking orders
                      cues.jpg

Comment

• Originally Posted by YDJ View Post
                        At the request of DeanH, here is a picture of a few of the cues I've made or in the process of making. Some you may have seen before.
                        The cue on the right has a pear shaft, and to keep the weight down has a titanium joint and ferule. And along with the cue in the middle its not quite finished yet.
                        The 2 cues on the left are made with lacewood shafts.
                        And then theres the 4 partially made ash shafts.
                        Before anyone asks, they are not for sale, at least not yet, and I'm not taking orders
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]9296[/ATTACH]
                        oh great, blame me why don't you
                        a nice collection there, I do like the 4th from right.
                        keep up the good work :snooker:
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Well you did ask so it must be your fault
                          Glad you like them.
                          Like many have said before, I'm not sure if it is a hobby or an expensive time consuming obsession.
                          Found a picture of one I did a few years ago. From memory it was about 55" long and used for playing barbilliards.
                          S1120001.jpgS1120017.jpg.

Comment

• Originally Posted by YDJ View Post
                            Well you did ask so it must be your fault
                            Glad you like them.
                            Like many have said before, I'm not sure if it is a hobby or an expensive time consuming obsession.
                            Found a picture of one I did a few years ago. From memory it was about 55" long and used for playing barbilliards.
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]9300[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]9301[/ATTACH].
                            LOL
                            another little beauty, ah barbilliards, I have not played in years, all the leagues have stopped around here, used to love going out on Monday nights with the lads for a match, great laugh and only 17mins a game! LOL
                            Was it very light?
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                              LOL
                              another little beauty, ah barbilliards, I have not played in years, all the leagues have stopped around here, used to love going out on Monday nights with the lads for a match, great laugh and only 17mins a game! LOL
                              Was it very light?
                              I think it was about 16Oz, it was made for a friend who still uses it.
                              Barbiliards is a dying game but we still have a fairly strong group of leagues in the south England.

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                                oh great, blame me why don't you
                                a nice collection there, I do like the 4th from right.
                                keep up the good work :snooker:
                                What is the shaft on the cue 4th from right? Dan,

Comment

Working...
                                X