Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice Ken , are you going to get much time to use it ?
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by Maloy View Post
      Received today my Crispian Jones cue!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14020[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14021[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14022[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14023[/ATTACH]

Personal thx to ADR147 and, of course, Crispian Jones!
      That is one good looking cue . Think the badges look very classy .

Comment

• The bwc is such a beauty, so wish I could have it, lols.

Comment

• This is one of my own collection, badge stated Omin classic but splicing look like Omin union model.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
            Nice Ken , are you going to get much time to use it ?
            Hi Neil, since getting my cue back from Trevor, I've perhaps played about 4-5 times. Not much considering I got the cue back late last year. I've got some time in July so I might pop down to Frames and enter the snooker comps.

Comment

• See you down there Ken :snooker:

Comment

• My new babies: 1 piece Trevor White cues with selected ash shafts, Amboyna Burr with thick maple veneer & Thuya Burr with a thick Tiger Maple veneer

77 in a match, 97 in a line up

Comment

• Tiger maple looks excellent , never seen that before .....didn't go for a veneer on my cue .

Think I would have gone for it had I seen this veneer .

Comment

• Very nice cues rob s, specs ???

Comment

• **Post Pictures of your cue!**

rob s, lovely pair you have there
                      just a side note, TW has mentioned elsewhere that the thick veneers he does are not made with "veneer" at all but with stock. Where a veneer is a purchased strip of wood at about 1mm thick and several glued together to make the thickness but stock is a block of wood planed. In my opinion (as a non-cuemaker) a more difficult and skilled method.
                      Last edited by DeanH; 16 June 2013, 07:19 AM.
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by rob s View Post
                        My new babies: 1 piece Trevor White cues with selected ash shafts, Amboyna Burr with thick maple veneer & Thuya Burr with a thick Tiger Maple veneer

In one word " masterpiece "

Comment

• Thanks for the info Dean H, Trevor truly is a master craftsman and has a finish that is as smooth as glass so thanks again Trevor. JRC750 Specs are as follows Amboyna burr cue is length 57.5", weight 17.8oz, ferrule 9.7mm, butt diameter 29.5mm, 17" balance point
                          Thuya burr cue is length 57.5, weight 18.0oz, ferrule 9.5mm, butt diameter 29.5mm, 17" balance point
                          They are both absolutely lovely cues and its gonna be hard to choose 1 to keep as my playing cue but from my 1st impressions I personally prefer the look of the amboyna burr cue as the burr just looks amazing and the chevrons are exactly how I like them but from playing with them today I am swaying towards the Thuya burr as it feels better to me even though I can't explain why, its just like the shaft feels heavier somehow which I prefer
                          Here are a couple of pics (taken poorly with my phone) of their new home, a beautiful stamford blue patchwork leather case:

Last edited by rob s; 12 June 2013, 08:54 PM.
                          77 in a match, 97 in a line up

Comment

• **Post Pictures of your cue!**

nice home for them
                            Maybe we need a different term for these "stock veneers"
                            When, repeat when, you decide you may distribute one of the beauties to your fellow cue lovers, pm me with what you are looking for to "cut the cord"
                            cheers buddy
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Two beuts there muck , just my specs too

Comment

• that shaft looks a buet

Comment

Working...
                                X