X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hsn
    replied
    Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
    What about looking good and making 130+ breaks? Is that better than looking bad and making 70?
    Very well said mate. You're definitely going in the right direction. What remains to do now is just to make some minor adjustments to your new setup which I'm sure you'll be able to manage in matter of days.

Your cue arm is looking tons better than before.

Would you like to share how the new setup plays?

Leave a comment:

• tedisbill
    replied
    What about looking good and making 130+ breaks? Is that better than looking bad and making 70?

Leave a comment:

• alabadi
    replied
    I get you, of course everyone wants to improve including me, however it's not about how good you look playing it how you play, if you get what I mean.

Looking awkward and making 70s is better than Looking pretty and only making 20s. I mean have you seen Barry Pinches he looks as awkward as they come, however he's still a good potter

Leave a comment:

• itsnoteasy
    replied
    Good lad, you'll be fine, and if it were me I would do it, but I'm pish so don't have anything to lose lol.

Leave a comment:

• tedisbill
    replied
    Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    Sorry Ted, didn't mean to upset you.
    I never get upset mate lol. Just being silly.

Leave a comment:

• itsnoteasy
    replied
    Sorry Ted, didn't mean to upset you.

Leave a comment:

• tedisbill
    replied
    Fair enough. I'll carry on doing what I'm doing. I've cancelled the coaching.

Cheers guys.

Leave a comment:

• vmax4steve
    replied
    I think that's exactly what the coach will do, at most turn his left foot out a fraction and bring his right foot forward a fraction. From Teds side on view he doesn't seem that far away. Have I got that the wrong way round? I'm a lefty so I'm trying to think like a righty lol.
    Yeah, wrong way round but on the right path. And once that's done he will have to turn his head further into his left shoulder to get that right eye over the cue or he won't be sighting naturally.
    Still, according to Terry people use whatever eye they do purely for comfort in the stance so it shouldn't be a problem for Ted to switch to left eye sighting if he can't get his neck around it.

Once started these tweaks 'can' be never ending and very destructive as well as expensive.

Leave a comment:

• itsnoteasy
    replied
    Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
    I think all Ted needs is to experiment a little with the placement of his left foot in order to turn his body to get his right shoulder on the line of aim. That last picture shows that he doesn't in fact have a square stance like he led us to believe but has a boxer stance that needs the left foot placed wider and further forward.
    Exactly where is down to this coach to find, but I'm with you itsnoteasy, he could very well muck up his natural stance and with it his sighting for something that's unneccessary and then this coach could have a cash cow to milk every friday for a long time.
    I think that's exactly what the coach will do, at most turn his left foot out a fraction and bring his right foot forward a fraction. From Teds side on view he doesn't seem that far away. Have I got that the wrong way round? I'm a lefty so I'm trying to think like a righty lol.
    Last edited by itsnoteasy; 16 July 2014, 02:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tedisbill
    replied
    Best leave this thread now. It's going nowhere.

Leave a comment:

• tedisbill
    replied
    Originally Posted by alabadi View Post
    Why do you care about how you look , surely it's about how you play. If I was knocking in breaks of 60s and 70s regular I wouldn't give a monkeys how I look. As long as I'm playing well.
    They also go hand in hand. There's a reason why most of the top pros won't look like me. That's because there's a better way to do it than I do.

Leave a comment:

• vmax4steve
    replied
    Truth is Ted ,you are so so nearly in the right position any way, it is minor tweaks in your stance(from my point of view) and your coach will fix this in seconds, if that's what you ask him to do.
    I think all Ted needs is to experiment a little with the placement of his left foot in order to turn his body to get his right shoulder on the line of aim. That last picture shows that he doesn't in fact have a square stance like he led us to believe but has a boxer stance that needs the left foot placed wider and further forward.
    Exactly where is down to this coach to find, but I'm with you itsnoteasy, he could very well muck up his natural stance and with it his sighting for something that's unneccessary and then this coach could have a cash cow to milk every friday for a long time.

Leave a comment:

• tedisbill
    replied
    Originally Posted by alabadi View Post
    Why do you care about how you look , surely it's about how you play. If I was knocking in breaks of 60s and 70s regular I wouldn't give a monkeys how I look. As long as I'm playing well.
    When I could make 20s I wanted to be able to make 30s. When I could make 30s I wanted to make a 50. When I could make 50s I wanted to make 70s etc.

Leave a comment:

• itsnoteasy
    replied
    I think it's human nature Alabadi, we all like a tinker lol. Even pros tinker around, the grass is always greener so they say.

Leave a comment:

• alabadi
    replied
    Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
    All I ever said was that I wanted to look "more conventional" on the shot, because that can't be a bad thing

Leave a comment:

Working...
X