Table Grid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
    Yes you find yourself to close to the cushion a lot of the time after potting a couple of balls
    Hey have you been spying on me lol. When I do the red line up now I stop if I run out of the box(when I first started I watched snooker pro tips on you tube and he was explaining the line up and how to keep the white in a box either side of the table, it was too advanced for me then but not now)and either play the shot again, or chose a different one to get me back in it, I think getting hold of the cue ball is my next big leap forward, if I ever manage it.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

What pro tip video is that?
      Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
      (when I first started I watched snooker pro tips on you tube and he was explaining the line up and how to keep the white in a box either side of the table, it was too advanced for me then but not now)

Comment

Oh I don't know the number of it I will have a quick look through see if it jogs my memory.
        He talks about it in number 80, but I thought I remembered the box marked out, but I could be mistaken it's over a year since I have watched them,
        Last edited by itsnoteasy; 22 November 2013, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Can we have some more ???

1/4 ball pink with top, stun and screw?

My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
          I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

How about the markers double????
            My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.

Comment

what is that?
              Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
              How about the markers double????

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                what is that?
                You hit the object ball into the side cushion, then it bounces into the top cushion and then the other side cushion and then it goes into the middle pocket.

Last edited by mythman69; 18 December 2013, 07:13 AM.

Comment

That's called the cocked hat double over here

Comment

I do not remember where I read this but, using the piece sign (with your fingers) gives a good indication of the cue ball’s path after contact. On cut shots knowing how the cue ball reacts to the tangent line before rolling forward, can help you in avoiding obstructions.

Comment

I'm glad this thread has had a revival, I am currently doing routines to teach me how the cue ball travels , and even though I thought I knew what it was about before, i was fumbling around in the dark a bit ,now I actually understand it , having this map of pockets and spots around the table and being able to recognise the cue ball traveling around these reference points has to be a good thing for improving your game.

Comment

Just common sense isn't it ??

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                          Just common sense isn't it ??
                          It may well be , that's probably why I struggled with it lol.

Comment

Nope. I've read the OP and looked at the diagrams a lot of times and still don't know what it's about.

Comment

Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
                              Nope. I've read the OP and looked at the diagrams a lot of times and still don't know what it's about.
                              This is a very simple and probably stupid example of what I think it's about.
                              Blue on spot white eight inches from it directly inline with the middle bag, you play top full ball the blue goes in the white follows, you play stun the blue goes in the white stay where it struck the blue, you play screw, the blue goes in the white comes back and goes in your middle pocket, you have these as known shots, they are facts of the table.
                              So a three quarter ball black played with top off the bottom Cush will go to the middle bag, if played centre ball will come off the bottom Cush and come up to your middle bag, so if you have these as known shots just like the blue you know how the white will travel, and you can adjust with less height on the white to get different angles, but these reference shots and lines of travel you will recognise more and more, that's my take on it.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                                This is a very simple and probably stupid example of what I think it's about.
                                Blue on spot white eight inches from it directly inline with the middle bag, you play top full ball the blue goes in the white follows, you play stun the blue goes in the white stay where it struck the blue, you play screw, the blue goes in the white comes back and goes in your middle pocket, you have these as known shots, they are facts of the table.
                                So a three quarter ball black played with top off the bottom Cush will go to the middle bag, if played centre ball will come off the bottom Cush and come up to your middle bag, so if you have these as known shots just like the blue you know how the white will travel, and you can adjust with less height on the white to get different angles, but these reference shots and lines of travel you will recognise more and more, that's my take on it.
                                Thanks. I understand what you mean but I'm confused by diagrams like this.

With no information to go with it.

Also. What do these mean?

Likewise. I've no idea what the A, B or C means. None of those letters are referenced on any of the table diagrams.

Comment

Working...
                                X