Judd Trump Set-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
    You're far to young to have arthritis, you're just a bairn on your mams computer remember
    gu gu ga ga ge-or-deeeeeeeeeeee

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
      No and no.
      The point of doing this is to develop technique. Do challenges like this and you will be cueing as straight as a die with immense power. The same would be true of potting at dead weight. These are the two extremes where our cueing is tested to the limit. Everything else in between is much simpler. Technique is everything as Ronnie says and it will give you extra confidence in your play. If you do need a big top spin, you'll be able to look back and remember how you did splasher's challenge, so this shot isn't difficult, it's well within my capabilities you'll say. All these things are important no matter what your standard. For those struggling to get the power on and maintain straight cueing, I'd say your straight cueing isn't that good. Try and improve it, and think about how you deliver the cue; are you rotating the hand inwards or outwards on the back or fore stroke? Are you using you shoulder to play the shot, is your elbow falling inwards? TS shots like this one will highlight any faults. The same can be said of deep screw.

JT has a correction fault in his cueing as he delivers the cue, don't do that. Simply line up centre ball to begin with. Other than that, his set-up is brilliant and it affords free movement of the hand under the chest, which is where the power comes from. You can do the same shot using the Hendry or Davis set-up and you'll come up short. The key to JT's set up is foot in line, foot fwd with the knee pointing in. This makes a base that is stable but allows all that hand movement underneath. A fast, free cue hand is key.
      Last edited by Big Splash!; 26 September 2016, 01:09 PM.

Comment

• You have an erratic cue action for sure . Do you feather all your shots that fast ?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post
          You have an erratic cue action for sure . Do you feather all your shots that fast ?
          haha, I thought too. It was very Ebdonesque. I usually just feather twice, sometimes not at all if I'm on song, I'll simply drive the cue through as soon as down. Depends how I feel. That day I was a bit antsy, driving there, messing with the bloomin phone, taking shots, grabbing the phone again, etc.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
            I've missed this kermit to be fair. :biggrin-new: It's an antique billiards table a-duh! No, it doesn't have steel blocks, if it did I would have got another two feet of reaction out of the rubbers! Bags measured at 3.25'' using a Mitutoyo digital caliper. I did this two years ago on the forum - keep up! The table is so hard that maxi makers can't pot down the rail at pace. They can't even rack up a ton on it. IT'S SLOW - you have no idea.

SHOW US YOUR VIDEO! You've got a Star to play on and if CB sighting is so good, we should expect to see 30ft of travel minimum. SHOW US YOUR VIDEO!
            You did what 2 years ago on the forum ???? I thought you only joined in June of this year.

Comment

• I'm looking forward to videos from INMB, Tom, Ted, Pottr and who know's maybe stillinbed, cally, etc. It would actually be good to see them play the shot. Genuinely, it would make me happy if they can master JT and turn the power on.

Remember guys, the stance is key. Anchor foot on the shot foot in-line on the shot line, L foot fwd with the knee pointing in. The gap between the feet is about shoulder width. Cue under the nipple, L shoulder down to the table level. You need to stay low on the shot to stop your upper body rising when you accelerate through, otherwise, you'll miss the pot. Pretty loose grip for this shot. Good luck.
              Last edited by Big Splash!; 27 September 2016, 08:58 AM.

Comment

• https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KIAfCv...ature=youtu.be

No JT setup. Just me with my CB sight/strike. Incredibly I have cuepower! Who'd have thought it hey guys! Lol.
                Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
                https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

• Love the original post. Great thread.

Comment

• it seems like all threads these days just turn into a spat between 2 or 3 bloggers. wheres all the advice and proper questions and answers gone.

any way back to this thread and just a note.

1- if the shot in question is dead straight and you cue with top spin then the white will follow the OB into the pocket.
                    2- if its just off straight the white again will follow the OB and hit close to the pocket which will then hit the side cushion on its way back down the table. (same as inevermissablue vid)

the only way it will take the path in the video is if it was a 3/4 ball or a very close to it.
                    Last edited by alabadi; 27 September 2016, 12:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by inevermissblue View Post
                      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KIAfCv...ature=youtu.be

No JT setup. Just me with my CB sight/strike. Incredibly I have cuepower! Who'd have thought it hey guys! Lol.
                      Good video INMB, was never in doubt that you would nail it. Imagine the power you'd get using the JT set up, I reckon 48ft lol

Comment

• Originally Posted by inevermissblue View Post
                        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KIAfCv...ature=youtu.be

Not bad at all. What sort of cloth and table is that?

Just for Mark, I had a bash at the JT special from his Crucible match - shot no.2 on the video below. White behind the black, very straight, up and down the table. From the aspect of TS, the shot is harder than the pink, because the CB is just off the cushion behind the black. There's not much room to work with and you cueing on the rail. Here's that JT special again. Remember, this is on a fast no.10 championship cloth.

Felt a bit tired with a cold and INE, I walked out an hour early! No joke, I did it! First time I've done that in years. Packed me cue up and went shopping. LOL
                        Last edited by Big Splash!; 27 September 2016, 05:13 PM.

Comment

• 1st attempt of the JT top spin special with a smooth snooker action and JT's set-up/stance. No banana, just centre-top. Even with this the CB takes off as it stops on contact, then the spin takes over.

Not on Star/no.10 but a 6811T. A 2nd version, I thought I'd try what Slasher said, only force matters, not being smooth. So I wellied it like Alex Higgins, head and body rising with the shot, cue in the air like I just don't care, to see if it made a difference. Basically, a 9-ball break shot but with top spin. That video is uploading; slower than Ebdon.
                          Last edited by Big Splash!; 27 September 2016, 05:18 PM.

Comment

• Not really much point in these Splasher unless we can see you cue, if you're shy I will get me mam to knit you a balaclava
                            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
                              1st attempt of the JT top spin special with a smooth snooker action and JT's set-up/stance. No banana, just centre-top. Even with this the CB takes off as it stops on contact, then the spin takes over.

Not on Star/no.10 but a 6811T. A 2nd version, I thought I'd try what Slasher said, only force matters, not being smooth. So I wellied it like Alex Higgins, head and body rising with the shot, cue in the air like I just don't care, to see if it made a difference. Basically, a 9-ball break shot but with top spin. That video is uploading; slower than Ebdon.
                              You misquoted me yet again, you must have a reading comprehension problem, a confirmation bias or your just an asshat.

Comment

• So here's the 9-ball topspin break shot applied to JT's exhibition shot, it's still the JT set-up but with head and body rise, all the things we're not supposed to do. As in the last shot, there is a lot of uniform acceleration and the cue goes through the ball, not intended but as a consequence of acceleration:

Got to say a big thankz to markz. Finally got some of my hand speed from youth back. Couldn't do it for a whole session though. The CB has yellow burn spots on it now. Aramith: you said they'd survive unmarked up to 230C. Did I hit 300C? LOL
                                Last edited by Big Splash!; 27 September 2016, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X