No announcement yet.

JP cues the best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

actually straight is not really that important either - as long as a cue responds the same way every time to the same shot you will learn how it works.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
      actually straight is not really that important either - as long as a cue responds the same way every time to the same shot you will learn how it works.
      Amen to that.

I think the "feel" and the responsiveness plus the firmness of the cue is much more important if it is dead straight. If it is not straight you can always fix it and make it straight again but if it hits like rubbish then...
      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
        Amen to that.

I think the "feel" and the responsiveness plus the firmness of the cue is much more important if it is dead straight. If it is not straight you can always fix it and make it straight again but if it hits like rubbish then...
        it's one of my golden rules with cues but people will never listen!

Comment

I know what you mean ADR.
          When I see someone rolls a cue on a table then will not even try a cue because it has a 'roll" I always wonder are they buying the cue to enter a table rolling contest or to use it to win frames?
          To not even try a cue because one mistakenly believes the cue is warp is sad, you may be facing the best cue you have ever come across but you will never know.
          Last edited by poolqjunkie; 14 February 2012, 10:30 AM.
          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

OK, OK...Andrew and Airin....send me ALL your warped cues and I promise I'll try out every one of them

Terry
            Terry Davidson
            IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by wie147 View Post
              Hello everybody
              i want to buy a one piece cue
              JP cues the best there is?
              I got JP to make me a 1-piece, 20-odd years ago I think. Regretted it for years afterwards ... should have got him to do me a 3/4! Seriously, there is no reason to get a 1-piece these days, whether from JP or someone else. Modern 3/4 joints are excellent, and carrying around a 1-piece cue becomes a real pain in the neck.

I only recently worked up the courage to get it converted. But I shouldn't have hesitated - it plays as well as it ever did.

Comment

Originally Posted by Siz View Post
                I got JP to make me a 1-piece, 20-odd years ago I think. Regretted it for years afterwards ... should have got him to do me a 3/4! Seriously, there is no reason to get a 1-piece these days, whether from JP or someone else. Modern 3/4 joints are excellent, and carrying around a 1-piece cue becomes a real pain in the neck.

I only recently worked up the courage to get it converted. But I shouldn't have hesitated - it plays as well as it ever did.
                i have heard many stories that are the other way round though, never was the same again etc etc

Comment

Yes I have had Many 1pc Cues and had them 3/4 Jointed and never Played the same again the workmanship is great but if you think about it Logically it cant Play the Same after Jointed can it? You have Different Weight/Feel of the Cue etc. If you buy a 3/4 Jointed Cue then yes they play great as they were made to be a 3/4 Jointed Cue.

Also what alot of people dont understand is if you have 1pc Cue the Splices are Lower than a 3/4 Jointed Cue so most 1pc Cues you would need the Joint above the Splices like Mark Williams Cue otherwise you would have a very Short Jointed Butt and feel butt heavy compared to it being a 1pc as it was.

Gaz.

Comment

I must say I am surprised to hear so many people are after 3/4 cues as I always have the feeling it is the other way around these days.

Speaking of John Parris cue, someone contatced me today on facebook for the first time and the first thing he said was asking if my shafts are up to scratch like a John Parris cue. I personally find that comment to be quite rude but it just shows that a lot of people are using John Parris as the industrial standard
                    Last edited by poolqjunkie; 16 February 2012, 03:29 AM.
                    www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

I have a 1 piece and a 3/4, the difference in case size is only 8 inches so i would always chose a 1 piece because the slightly bigger size doesn't bother me

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                        ...Speaking of John Parris cue, someone contatced me today on facebook for the first time and the first thing he said was asking if my shafts are up to scratch like a John Parris cue. I personally find that comment to be quite rude but it just shows that a lot of people are using John Parris as the industrial standard
                        I think most cue makers will get a lot of irrelevant or quaint queries about cues... Just got to educate them I guess, or ignore them... Lol.
                        When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

I personally believe that sawing a 1 piece cue in two to make it a 3/4 should be illegal!!

Comment

Originally Posted by Gerry Armstrong View Post
                            I personally believe that sawing a 1 piece cue in two to make it a 3/4 should be illegal!!
                            yeap, at first i didnt think so but from own experience it shouldnt be done

Comment

Working...
                            X