Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by scottley View Post
    The 'real' Patsy Fagan

Lol...... Yeah that's another one I'd forgotten!!
    Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
    Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

clive is terrible in my opinion. he really doesn't know the game as well as the pros and therefore simply states the obvious or describes what just happened a lot which can be quite annoying after a while.

hendry is brilliant i agree and less is more with him. i think it was barry hawkins vs. ricky walden descended into a really scrappy frame, hendry didn't say anything for about 10 minutes! i also think what comes across very strongly in hendry's commentary is his competitive streak and his preference for the very positive shot.

Originally Posted by simon dent View Post
      for sheer facts and figures, as with football's motty, snooker needs Clive Everton.
      Highest Match Break 39 (November 10th 2015)

Comment

I think Clive is excellent. A big loss to the BBC. Hendry is superb, his analysis of players around the black spot is fascinating. I'd get rid of Thorne and Dennis Taylor. It's all Davis' fault for missing that black.

Comment

lol i like dennis taylor and willie thorne's commentary. i particularly like thorne's criticism of the players - as if he could do any better!
          Originally Posted by jb134 View Post
          I think Clive is excellent. A big loss to the BBC. Hendry is superb, his analysis of players around the black spot is fascinating. I'd get rid of Thorne and Dennis Taylor. It's all Davis' fault for missing that black.
          Highest Match Break 39 (November 10th 2015)

Comment

Originally Posted by coomsey76 View Post
            Spot on there Spike, Steve been pretty awful in the commentary box......

Dennis Taylor is slowly starting to annoy me as well cracking the same old jokes and if Jimmy is in the audience trying to get a nod off him talking about there seniors win the other week against Hendry and Davis..... Bore off!!
            ahahaha spot on Jimmy. I feel the same. Taylor, Virgo and Thorne...all in the same boat and saying the same stuff all the time. During the Masters, DT's new motto was "amazing how much angle you can generate with these new cloths these days..." Dear me, he said it almost each time he was on air!
            And what about poor Vicky Selby, always mentionned when appearing on screen....so much blah blah.....

On the other side, Neal Foulds and Alan McManus are really top notch. I really like their knowledge and commentary skills. Best in the business to me!
            Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Originally Posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
              During the Masters, DT's new motto was "amazing how much angle you can generate with these new cloths these days..." Dear
              !
              Anything makes a change to him saying "you can't catch your breath". He use to drive me up the wall with that..
              "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Originally Posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
                ahahaha spot on Jimmy. I feel the same. Taylor, Virgo and Thorne...all in the same boat and saying the same stuff all the time. During the Masters, DT's new motto was "amazing how much angle you can generate with these new cloths these days..." Dear me, he said it almost each time he was on air!
                And what about poor Vicky Selby, always mentionned when appearing on screen....so much blah blah.....

On the other side, Neal Foulds and Alan McManus are really top notch. I really like their knowledge and commentary skills. Best in the business to me!

How much does that get annoying........and oh look there's Jimmy White. You don't mind them showing them once but even Jimmy was getting the arse . He never acknowledged once .

Don't agree with the comment about Clive Everton........Quality . Him , Neal and Alan .......The Dream Team !
                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Sidd at darts Murry at motor racing Ted Lowe at snooker Harry Charpenter at boxing - all had one thing in common - they where professionals over the mic. They controlled their voices to add to the excitement for a viewer and if you where blind you could still enjoy it.

No-one has these qualities in snooker these days - it aint what you describe it is how you describe it.

If I where to pick any half decent ones then McManus Foulds Hendry and Taylor are the best of the bunch - the rest are either repetitive - Virgo - They talk too much -Davis - their voices irritating - Joe Johnston.

No need to describe every shot like Willie Thorn or get it wrong as often like Willie Thorn or stand by your beds repeat yourself like Willie Thorn or have a irritating voice like well you get the jist - Willie is so bad at it - actually in a funny way it makes him different though - find him quite amusing and he causes debate at least.

Worst commentator for me however is the one coming up and that guy is the who does the Welsh - dont know his name

Comment

Originally Posted by armstm View Post
                    clive is terrible in my opinion. he really doesn't know the game as well as the pros and therefore simply states the obvious or describes what just happened a lot which can be quite annoying after a while.
                    Sorry I'd have to disagree with you there as well, Everton is a class commentator with great knowledge of the game through playing. It was pretty disgusting how the BBC treated!!

But without a shadow of a doubt Hendry is top notch!!
                    Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                    Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                      Worst commentator for me however is the one coming up and that guy is the who does the Welsh - dont know his name
                      I think its John Evans who your referring to.

I also agree, Everton was and still is the best!!

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Him and Neal Foulds together are excellent .

Comment

Terry Griffiths isn't bad either, even though he's been absent from the commentary box of late. I had heard he was quite poorly not so long ago, so this may account for why have heard so little of him of late..

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Willie Thorne and John Virgo, not arguing about their knowledge of snooker...but they are just ... so annyoing
                            2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
                            2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

Originally Posted by missneworleans View Post
                              Willie Thorne and John Virgo, not arguing about their knowledge of snooker...but they are just ... so annyoing
                              this sum it up for you?

Comment

The Phil Yates voice is excellent

Comment

Working...
                                X