No announcement yet.

2020 Tour Championship Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selby battered there , not seen him beaten like that in a long while .
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by Neil Taperell View Post
      Selby battered there....
      And how!

Maguire v Allen should be a good final. Would love to see Mags take it, but I don't mind Allen either. Bring it on!

-
      The fast and the furious,
      The slow and labourious,
      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

And how!

Maguire v Allen should be a good final. Would love to see Mags take it, but I don't mind Allen either. Bring it on!

-
        Just heard that we would have a new entry into the CoC irrespective of the winner here.

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

And how!

-
          80k guaranteed for Maguire but if he wins he will get 150k 1st prize plus 100k Bonus ........so a bit of added pressure for him , that may well affect him .

Comment

80k guaranteed for Maguire but if he wins he will get 150k 1st prize plus 100k Bonus ........so a bit of added pressure for him , that may well affect him .
            Shhhh! He might hear you.

-
            The fast and the furious,
            The slow and labourious,
            All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• What would the bonus be for?
              "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Hope Maguire wins this final, I just love the way he hits the cue ball with such conviction, class act should've won far more.
                Also I think the Selby post match interview was a lesson to us all, completely praised his opponent, no moaning about conditions or making excuses, suck it up, work hard and move onto the next one.
                "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                  What would the bonus be for?
                  Being the top points scoring player over the Coral Series of Events .

Comment

Being the top points scoring player over the Coral Series of Events .
                    Okay, cheers.
                    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post

Okay, cheers.
                      If Maguire doesn’t win the final Judd Trump cops for the 100k.

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                        Is that a record ? Not to score a point in the first four frames of a match !
                        Quick someone give Vmax a nudge, he won't want to miss this
                        I can't even watch the bloke sitting in his chair, so glad Allen gave him a lesson though as I can now watch the final today
                        Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                        but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• I think he’s a secret admirer myself! :cool-new:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post

If Maguire doesn’t win the final Judd Trump cops for the 100k.
                            Interesting, even though Judd crashed in the semi's, he can win the bonus if Maguire loses today. It's similar to the man of the series award in Cricket.
                            Last edited by fkhan; 26 June 2020, 01:23 PM.

Comment

• Think they should go back to sharing rests and having them in the traditional place at the ends of the table. That grating noise as they pull the rest out is getting on my tits. I can’t see that there’s much of an increased risk caused by rest sharing. IMO there’s more risk associated with the players touching the table and rails. Both players hands are all over the table hundreds of times during a frame. Time for the scientists to give some sensible advise.
                              I’m all for the testing, hand washing and sanitising before the match.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
                                Think they should go back to sharing rests and having them in the traditional place at the ends of the table. That grating noise as they pull the rest out is getting on my tits. I can’t see that there’s much of an increased risk caused by rest sharing. IMO there’s more risk associated with the players touching the table and rails. Both players hands are all over the table hundreds of times during a frame. Time for the scientists to give some sensible advise.
                                I’m all for the testing, hand washing and sanitising before the match.
                                have to be seen doing the right things, it's all just example setting.
                                I laughed watching Utd v Spurs the other week, Ball went out for a throw in but came back onto the pitch... Referee picks it up, throws it to the winger, who then throws it to the full back who takes the throw.
                                I kid you not, 2 minutes later there's a bloke spraying disinfectant on the corner flags - the mind boggles.
                                "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X