Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
    http://www.livesnooker.com/category/...ng-conditions/

Judd's response to the playing conditions today.
    I wish we had a video for this haha.

Comment

Neither player can blame the table, bucket pockets and new cloth, but once again I have to say it, those balls don't work when the resistance between them is increased through a heavy nap or moisture in the atmosphere when it's cold or humid and it becomes a bad contact lottery.
      These players are so used to ideal conditions and they are made to look ordinary when they (conditions) aren't.
      What will the worlds be like if played through a summer heatwave ?

I will give todays match a miss (Selby :distrust and hope for a cooler day on friday, but then again thunderstorms are forecast and if Selby gets through I won't bother anyway.
      Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
      but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

I have seen or rather heard Trump complaining more than once about bad luck or conditions after a loss. So not surprised if he had some sore remarks. Good to see Mags in the final. Didn't see much of it yesterday, but together with his UK performance I think he is really playing as well right now as he hasn't done in years.

Comment

Originally Posted by motorhead View Post

I wish we had a video for this haha.
          There it is:

https://youtu.be/mQM_AufFhQ4

Comment

Meh, nowt nor something.
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

I hope the BBC do a better job of the snoovid19 coverage when it comes to the Worlds. There’s no real reason to not have a proper studio set-up now. It’s going to be flat and lifeless enough without crowds, let alone all this stupid Zoom punditry.
              "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Mark Allen leads 4-0. Did Selby pot one ball at all?

Comment

Is that a record ? Not to score a point in the first four frames of a match !
                  Quick someone give Vmax a nudge, he won't want to miss this
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                    Is that a record ? Not to score a point in the first four frames of a match !
                    Quick someone give Vmax a nudge, he won't want to miss this
                    I think there have been two matches in the best-of-7 format where someone won 4-0 without the opponent scoring a single point. :smile:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post

I think there have been two matches in the best-of-7 format where someone won 4-0 without the opponent scoring a single point. :smile:
                      sorry ot but why are your smiley's different to everyone else's , was going to ask sooner or later :-)

Comment

• Originally Posted by trains View Post
                        sorry ot but why are your smiley's different to everyone else's , was going to ask sooner or later :-)
                        I intentionally select these because I think they look nicer. :smile: There was a forum update many years ago that introduced these incredibly ugly new smileys, and despite many complaints about them, they were never replaced. But you can still use the old ones with a bit of effort: :smile::wink::biggrin::redface::frown:

Comment

• ic , cool :smile::biggrin::wink::redface::frown: , got them haha , yes they do look better , thanks

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post

I intentionally select these because I think they look nicer. :smile: There was a forum update many years ago that introduced these incredibly ugly new smileys, and despite many complaints about them, they were never replaced. But you can still use the old ones with a bit of effort: :smile::wink::biggrin::redface::frown:
                            sorry Odrl in the same vein what is the meaning of your username , is it a christian name or a computer language or other ? thanks :frog::biggrin::afro::watermelon::devilish::smile: :biggrin::bee::star:

was never too keen on mine but never bothered changing it , was about to change it when i started that quiz thread a few weeks ago but i think i used the same email and the system wouldn't let me haha
                            Last edited by trains; 25 June 2020, 03:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by trains View Post
                              sorry Odrl in the same vein what is the meaning of your username , is it a christian name or a computer language or other ? thanks :frog::biggrin::afro::watermelon::devilish::smile: :biggrin::bee::star:
                              That's a little difficult to explain. :smile: I assume people think it's an abbreviation of some kind, or they misread it as "Odri", but the word "odrl" in Slovenian is actually a form of the verb "to skin". It's supposed to be pronounced something like "awe-D-roo", with the stress on the middle syllable. There is no meaning to this really, it was the nickname of a character in some horror short stories I used to write when I was in school, and it's stuck with me as on online username ever since. :smile:

Comment

• Has the whole tournament been commentated by Joe Perry and Phil Yates? They hardly ever go in to detail about what the player is attempting to do or deconstructing a shot and just talk about what they see or something unrelated. Joe has a slightly irritating inflection at times and Phil can't stop himself talking about facts so he's probably spending more time looking up facts than watching the frame.

Both nice guys but why don't people like Taylor and Virgo commentate more? Are they only allowed to be involved in tournaments hosted by the BBC?
                                www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

Working...
                                X