Betfred World Championship 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

Yeah, I've really enjoyed this one, my pick so far also. Shame Mark couldn't apply a little more pressure toward the end, Jamie was starting to throw his arm at a few.

-
    i remember mark allen saying about his own game questioning why he couldn't get past semi finals , you can see it there really , a good consistent conveyor belt player but just not good enough to ever win this unless its some kind of stars aligning year , hasn't played in a semi since was it 2009 , says it all .

Comment

• Originally Posted by trains View Post

yea i know what can i say you got me bud , tbh i can't be bothered , you've got bragging rights over me on here forever , thats better than any poxy t - shirt , you can tell all of your's when you're old the legendary trains bowed down to danger steve , even this post is better than a t - shirt , yes i'm going cheap but see it as the mighty trains or voldemort if you like bowed down to midlands steve , how cool is that !!
      Dear O Dear!! Well I’m too much of a gent to hold you to your word so I guess bragging rights will have to do!

If you could address me as ‘Lord Danger Steve’ from now on though, that will suffice!

Comment

i remember mark allen saying about his own game questioning why he couldn't get past semi finals , you can see it there really , a good consistent conveyor belt player but just not good enough to ever win this unless its some kind of stars aligning year , hasn't played in a semi since was it 2009 , says it all .
        You’ve still got a way to go digging yourself outta that hole mate!!

Comment

• Aside from Ronnie, who has always been able to have sizeable layoffs and come back playing at top level, all seeds have lost or struggled through

Comment

• Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post

Dear O Dear!! Well I’m too much of a gent to hold you to your word so I guess bragging rights will have to do!

If you could address me a ‘Lord Danger Steve’ from now on though, that will suffice!
            your wish is my command sir !! i can just see people on the streets rejoicing now like in the harry potter opening chapter , voldemort got beat by Lord Danger Steve, you and your's will get all the ballrun you ever need if you ever go into snooker tournaments , its in the stars , voldemort got beat , jfk , the man on the moon, the iranian embassy crisis , thatchers resignation , people always remember where they were , this is the stuff of legends sir , enjoy it , because i can assure you it won't happen again !!
            Last edited by trains; 4 August 2020, 09:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post

You’ve still got a way to go digging yourself outta that hole mate!!
              tbh Lord Danger Steve a lot of it was just trying to big up the game because i've met jamie clarke and would like to see him make it :smile:
              Last edited by trains; 4 August 2020, 09:54 PM. Reason: i didn't address you correctly sir !!

Comment

your wish is my command sir !! i can just see people on the streets rejoicing now like in the harry potter opening chapter , voldemort got beat by Lord Danger Steve, you and your's will get all the ballrun you ever need if you ever go into snooker tournaments , its in the stars , voldemort got beat , jfk , the man on the moon, the iranian hostage crisis , thatchers resignation , people always remember where they were , this is the stuff of legends sir , enjoy it , because i can assure you it won't happen again !!
                Oh we definitely need a tip for the next round now !
                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

Oh we definitely need a tip for the next round now !
                  yes i think he'll beat ants mcgill , i like mcgill but i think the jc will take it :smile:

Comment

• I have a request. Does someone know people from WST? or if I can reach WST about this

It would be great to have an aerial camera view on certain shots. The current camera angles do not give the right picture always.

Comment

• Wow John Higgins could reach the 1/2 finals without having to beat a seed? I hope he does otherwise I see Trump steamrollering whoever is in his place (and probably will to Higgins regardless).

I was looking forward to Selby vs Murphy. Shame. I hope Robertson doesn't get KO'd because I want to see him vs Selby.

Comment

• It's funny, that quarter of the draw looked comfortably the weakest, and now it's lost three of the four seeds as well. Maflin, McGill and Clarke all played well though, so hopefully there is still some good snooker left in that part of the draw. :smile:

Comment

• I'm very interested to see how it pans out with no audience and hope John Higgins can produce something special and start breaking records. I saw on the highlights a few days ago that someone missed an easy pot to make five consecutive centuries which would have been a record at the Crucible but can't remember who it was. Is that what happened?
                          www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

• Originally Posted by MrRottweiler View Post
                            I'm very interested to see how it pans out with no audience and hope John Higgins can produce something special and start breaking records. I saw on the highlights a few days ago that someone missed an easy pot to make five consecutive centuries which would have been a record at the Crucible but can't remember who it was. Is that what happened?
                            Gilbert missed an easy blue on 93 in his match against Maflin. It would have been five centuries in a row between them, three from Gilbert and two from Maflin.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post

Gilbert missed an easy blue on 93 in his match against Maflin. It would have been five centuries in a row between them, three from Gilbert and two from Maflin.
                              Thanks for confirming and I bet that wouldn't have happened with an audience. It's still early on in the tournament but I'm fascinated about what will happen in the latter stages and how the pressure will affect the players. Is there any interesting betting going on? I've never had a bet on Snooker before but am thinking of speculating something.
                              www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                                It's funny, that quarter of the draw looked comfortably the weakest, and now it's lost three of the four seeds as well. Maflin, McGill and Clarke all played well though, so hopefully there is still some good snooker left in that part of the draw. :smile:
                                It was also the weakest because of the seeds though. Neither Maflin's nor McGill's win surprised me as it was against two of the (in my eyes) most vulnerable seeds and I wouldn't have been shocked if Higgins had lost. Didn't expect Clarke though, despite consistency was never one of Allen's strengths.
                                But for me this was always a quarter, where somebody could take advantage of in the right form.
                                Last edited by JimMalone; 5 August 2020, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X