X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
    Next century by Allen, 122 this time.
    And a fourth one.
    What's the record in the first round of the World Championship? I know Hendry's 7 in the final of the 1994 UK Championship is the overall record.

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post

I think everybody who qualified for the Main Draw here received a tour card.

Saengkham is through. The third Thai after Wattana and Poomjaeng to get to the 2nd round of the World Championship.
      oh i see i was wondering why ashley carty was in purple , didn't see any explanation for it , this is something new and not too keen on it , i mean i don't see why they couldn't have withheld the q school draws until all players in this world championships had completed this tournament , just qualifying for the crucible didn't give you a place on tour in the past i don't see why covid 19 should change that , looking on the outside anyway .

Comment

• Allen must be very careful tonight. Jamie does
        n't look like he will be bullied at the table!

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
          Allen must be very careful tonight. Jamie does
          n't look like he will be bullied at the table!
          Doesn't seem at all intimidated by the situation does he. It'll be interesting to see how he fairs as they get to the business end and the pressure builds. Great match so far.

-
          The fast and the furious,
          The slow and labourious,
          All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by trains View Post

oh i see i was wondering why ashley carty was in purple , didn't see any explanation for it , this is something new and not too keen on it , i mean i don't see why they couldn't have withheld the q school draws until all players in this world championships had completed this tournament , just qualifying for the crucible didn't give you a place on tour in the past i don't see why covid 19 should change that , looking on the outside anyway .
            It is Because Q School is taking place at the same time as the World Championship main event and Ashley Carty, Jamie Clarke and Alexander Ursenbacher would not be able to take part in the event because they are playing at the Crucible. That is the reason why they were given a two year tour card. I see your point that q school could have started the week after the World championships, but i think q school was played during the World Championships so that the new 2020/21 snooker season could start on time.
            Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

Doesn't seem at all intimidated by the situation does he. It'll be interesting to see how he fairs as they get to the business end and the pressure builds. Great match so far.

-
              Yes. No audience and very less to no match practice due to the lockdown seem to have worked in his favour.
              Last edited by fkhan; 4 August 2020, 12:27 PM.

Comment

• Pre Covid, Murphy was in close to career best form and was smashing most. He would have killed this kid back then. He really suffered with the lockdown, coming back cold

Comment

• Originally Posted by peterpackage View Post
                  Pre Covid, Murphy was in close to career best form and was smashing most. He would have killed this kid back then. He really suffered with the lockdown, coming back cold
                  I think also the death of a close family friend may have something to do with it as well.
                  that does tend to distract the mind somewhat
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

I think also the death of a close family friend may have something to do with it as well.
                    that does tend to distract the mind somewhat
                    That's sad. His plight would be similar to Ding's I think.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mr Snooker View Post

It is Because Q School is taking place at the same time as the World Championship main event and Ashley Carty, Jamie Clarke and Alexander Ursenbacher would not be able to take part in the event because they are playing at the Crucible. That is the reason why they were given a two year tour card. I see your point that q school could have started the week after the World championships, but i think q school was played during the World Championships so that the new 2020/21 snooker season could start on time.
                      According to snooker.org the 20/21 season starts on the 13th september , this world championships ends on the 16th august so there would seem plenty of time to make the q school draws and hold the q school between that time , 27 days or virtually four weeks , maybe all the staff just wanted holiday time , i don't say that in jest i don't know .

Comment

• Even though Murphy was missing easy balls all match, credit to Saengkham for taking full advantage. He hardly missed anything himself when it mattered. If Selby continues to struggle, Saengkham has half a chance getting to the quarter-finals here. :smile:

Comment

• Gould v Stephen will be an interesting match. Gould won't give it away.

Gould leads their head to head battle by 5-0.
                          Last edited by fkhan; 4 August 2020, 02:02 PM.

Comment

• This Selby v Brown match is a horror show.

-
                            The fast and the furious,
                            The slow and labourious,
                            All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Has Maguire changed his cue?

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                                This Selby v Brown match is a horror show.

-
                                It's frightening, how you can go from best player in the world to the level Selby is playing right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X