Betfred World Championship 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post

This. I think this really is a disadvantage for Wilson if anything. He won't play on the match table and could then face Maguire already in his first match...
    The match table can play differently from R1 to R2, it's not a tennis court, I really don't think this puts him at disadvantage.

Comment

Is Hazel on board for the BBC coverage?
      Last edited by Billy; 31 July 2020, 06:49 AM.
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post

Yes and sorry to change the topic. May I know which cue you use and it's specs if you don't mind?
        Ton praram limited, 58inch, 9.6tip, 18.2oz 29.5 butt I believe

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post

I imagine if you're asking someone to risk their life, it's probably hard to justify withholding their pay if they won't. All the area around yorkshire, manchester etc has just had their lockdown tightened. Seems a stupid time to take risks around this part of Northern England.
          The government who everyone has been following their plan/orders have deemed it safe to have limited crowds in place, this was known before qualifying, as was the fact there wasn't gonna be a "bubble" at the main event

Comment

Originally Posted by frazz View Post

Ton praram limited, 58inch, 9.6tip, 18.2oz 29.5 butt I believe
            Morning Fraser , what's your plans for the ' off ' season ? ........practice , practice and more practice ? Which players are you practicing with on a regular basis ?

Do you feel that your game has improved this season on the tour ?
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Scott Donaldson should have gotten Anthonys spot when he withdrew IMHO.

Totally understand his decision, both trying to get the money out of the qualifying, this is his job after all, and the withdrawal... I don't think the venue is "safe". It's not worth risking your life.
              "That pocket moved!"

Comment

Last question ! ...........Not sure if you will know this , but it would appear that Stephen Maguire may well be using a different cue to the one that he won the Tour Championship with .

We all know that he likes a new cue , but after playing like he did it seems strange that he has changed cues again .

Comment

Originally Posted by neuronic View Post
                  Scott Donaldson should have gotten Anthonys spot when he withdrew IMHO.

Totally understand his decision, both trying to get the money out of the qualifying, this is his job after all, and the withdrawal... I don't think the venue is "safe". It's not worth risking your life.
                  As a big Hamilton fan , i'm disappointed . But can see both sides of the argument . The money is big for him plus the ranking points that go with it . We see Tennis Players & Golfers pulling out of Tournaments still and they play in the open air with no crowds anywhere near them !
                  But i also agree that there should be some spectators allowed , as we need to start somewhere .

I see that Judd has come out and had a dig at O'Sullivan now about not playing at the World's .

Comment

Originally Posted by Neil Taperell View Post

But i also agree that there should be some spectators allowed , as we need to start somewhere .

I see that Judd has come out and had a dig at O'Sullivan now about not playing at the World's .
                    I think it's too early to already start venues with a crowd. We know too little, this is an experiment after all. I like the concept the PDC came up with to keep things running... so Barry should know better.

And Trump, well.... Trump's just dumb, that's a broadly fair comment I think

"That pocket moved!"

Comment

Originally Posted by neuronic View Post

I think it's too early to already start venues with a crowd. We know too little, this is an experiment after all. I like the concept the PDC came up with to keep things running... so Barry should know better.

And Trump, well.... Trump's just dumb, that's a broadly fair comment I think
                      For this I actually agree with Trump. O'sullivan is headline chasing. He would have pulled out if he was as worried as he keeps saying. O'sullivan always finds away to get in the papers before the Worlds.

Comment

Maguire had a new cue sent down to Scotland 10 days ago ,seems an odd thing to do ,but he chances cues all the time apparently .

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post

For this I actually agree with Trump. O'sullivan is headline chasing. He would have pulled out if he was as worried as he keeps saying. O'sullivan always finds away to get in the papers before the Worlds.
                          Ronnie's always headline chasing. But that doesn't make his remarks false (or Trump's remarks smart for that matter).
                          "That pocket moved!"

Comment

Not a bad opening game to the worlds !.
                            It’s a pity Ford was able to complete the Max but what a great start though.

Comment

Well that was a nice start. Shame Ford couldn't finish the job. :smile:

Comment

I always thought Jamie Jones' technique was unusual, but Carty takes it to a whole new level. :smile:

Comment

Working...
                                X