Betfred World Championship 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by thommo335 View Post
    So the spectators who had tix to the sessions for Hamilton v Wilson get short changed too as they can only watch the other game from the far side of the arena. I sympathise with Hamilton needing the prize money but if he had no intention of playing in front of an audience, he should have stated that before denying a fellow pro a place in the main draw. Too late now I guess to draw a lucky loser from the final qualifying round to even up the draw again.
    I agree with Hearn actually. Hamilton's asthma hasn't appeared overnight and he's hardly a bums on seats type of player in any case. Bit of an embarrassment for World Snooker.
    That should not happen, those ticket holders should get a partial refund at least. To play devil's advocate, The Sheriff had to make a difficult decision and you can't make those in a rush/ early. Trump has piped up about Hamilton being selfish, perhaps he should focus on the snooker rather than sl#g off his fellow pros.
    Practice, Learn, Improve, Enjoy, Practice, Learn, Improve, Enjoy :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Neil Taperell View Post

Wilson gets a bye
      Shame someone else can't step in, highest ranked? If Wilson were to win it he'd always have a little imaginary asterisk next to his world title...

Comment

Originally Posted by 147Jim View Post

That should not happen, those ticket holders should get a partial refund at least. To play devil's advocate, The Sheriff had to make a difficult decision and you can't make those in a rush/ early. Trump has piped up about Hamilton being selfish, perhaps he should focus on the snooker rather than sl#g off his fellow pros.
        Audience gets to watch Ding or Mark Williams instead. I'd think a fair few on that side of the room aren't complaining. Even the furthest seat is still only going to be about 20m from the table.
        ​​​
        I support Judd, but agree he should pipe down. It's easy for him to say what he said, he's earning 1 million a season. Hamilton is nearly dropping off the tour, and is earning about 5% of that

Comment

Shame someone else can't step in, highest ranked? If Wilson were to win it he'd always have a little imaginary asterisk next to his world title...
          I don't think he would, to be honest. If he were to win the World Championship, I don't think anyone would claim that he could have realistically lost to Hamilton.

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post

I don't think he would, to be honest. If he were to win the World Championship, I don't think anyone would claim that he could have realistically lost to Hamilton.
            Fair comment.

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post

Audience gets to watch Ding or Mark Williams instead. I'd think a fair few on that side of the room aren't complaining. Even the furthest seat is still only going to be about 20m from the table.
              ​​​
              I support Judd, but agree he should pipe down. It's easy for him to say what he said, he's earning 1 million a season. Hamilton is nearly dropping off the tour, and is earning about 5% of that
              Having watched another match for free when the screen went up (caus it was Ronnie) I think the other table is a bit far away to be the one you've paid for. Hey ho, if they're happy good luck to them.

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post

If anything it makes Wilson's task a lot tougher. He enters the fray later than anyone ever has before and against a match sharp opponent. He'll do well to survive the second round IMHO.

Comment

Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

Is that normal procedure or has it changed due to Covid ?
                  I think it has never happened at the World Championships, but I think for other tournaments it's the normal procedure.

Comment

Originally Posted by gmg View Post

If anything it makes Wilson's task a lot tougher. He enters the fray later than anyone ever has before and against a match sharp opponent. He'll do well to survive the second round IMHO.
                    This. I think this really is a disadvantage for Wilson if anything. He won't play on the match table and could then face Maguire already in his first match...

Comment

Trump has piped up about Hamilton being selfish, perhaps he should focus on the snooker rather than sl#g off his fellow pros.
                      Indeed. But I'm not surprised. I don't think I've ever heard a wise sentence coming out of Judd's mouth.

Comment

Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post

Indeed. But I'm not surprised. I don't think I've ever heard a wise sentence coming out of Judd's mouth.
                        He's one hell of a player but I've never been able to warm to him.

Comment

Not normal procedure to get money or points if withdraw previously, rules must of changed recently

Comment

Originally Posted by frazz View Post
                            Not normal procedure to get money or points if withdraw previously, rules must of changed recently
                            Yes and sorry to change the topic. May I know which cue you use and it's specs if you don't mind?

Comment

Originally Posted by frazz View Post
                              I imagine if you're asking someone to risk their life, it's probably hard to justify withholding their pay if they won't. All the area around yorkshire, manchester etc has just had their lockdown tightened. Seems a stupid time to take risks around this part of Northern England.

Comment

Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post

Final:
                                Mark Allen - Neil Robertson

Winner:
                                Neil Robertson

But honestly contrary to tennis, Snooker is almost always a shot into the blue.

I just hope we have a fine tournament and I would be happy if one of my favourite players (none of them I picked for the final four) wins.
                                Interesting preview and final prediction Jim. I'd be surprised if Judd wasn't somewhere near the sharp end, but as you say, it's anyone's guess really, partly why I love the game.

Must admit, I'm a little nervous about it going ahead at all now, in light of the recent north of England re-lockdown announcements from what I must laughably refer to as our government. Here's hoping it's a good tournament and all OK in the end.

-
                                Last edited by PatBlock; 30 July 2020, 10:34 PM.
                                The fast and the furious,
                                The slow and labourious,
                                All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Working...
                                X