No announcement yet.

Betfred World Championship 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Boris Johnson has just stopped spectators goings to Horse Racing and Cricket events this weekend , does this now mean that no spectators will attend the World Championship . It is very unclear on the BBC Website ........does this now mean that Hamilton will reverse his withdrawal ????? Obviously he won't be allowed to .

BBC Article : https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/53610375
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

I'm pretty sure Anthony is still feeling fine about his decision.
      "That pocket moved!"

Comment

Originally Posted by Neil Taperell View Post
        Well Boris Johnson has just stopped spectators goings to Horse Racing and Cricket events this weekend , does this now mean that no spectators will attend the World Championship . It is very unclear on the BBC Website ........does this now mean that Hamilton will reverse his withdrawal ????? Obviously he won't be allowed to .

BBC Article : https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/53610375
        FFS. This could end up messy. Thinks Boris was referring to events where larger crowds were involved. Hopefully the Crucible with its 300 crowd will be allowed to continue.
        PS. Correction. Just read the BBC article. No crowd allowed at Crucible. This is terrible news.
        Last edited by Nifty50; 31 July 2020, 01:04 PM.

Comment

I saw this morning that Virgo won’t be at Crucible this year. Stuck in Spain.

Comment

Well the bbc interviewed Barry who said that, indeed, from tomorrow on there will be no crowd in the crucible

Comment

Did anyone watch the World Matchplay last week? Darts, this is...

I thought the way they set this up without a crowd was quite ok... surely better than risking anybody's health or just canceling it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8OWdjMnT3A
              "That pocket moved!"

Comment

Won't be the same but at least it's still going ahead.
                Practice, Learn, Improve, Enjoy, Practice, Learn, Improve, Enjoy :snooker:

Comment

Commonsense prevails. As with every decision the government makes recently, no reason this wasn't announced earlier. Why on earth have they let a crowd in today after they announced the additional lockdown measures yesterday? And why did no bright spark have a box of masks on standby to hand out to the audience at the very least? And they wonder why some people don't think twice before they crowd onto the beaches.

And now I see that Barry Hearn is still insisting on having the audience in this evening. You couldn't make it up.
                  Last edited by Mark187187; 31 July 2020, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Judd or Ford? Who's your pick?

Comment

Judd 10 - 9 Ford

Comment

Looks like Hazel is also AWoL. No Hazel, no Virgo, and possibly no crowd if BJ decides to pull rank on BH. I’m just about up for it as it stands, but if the crowd goes my enthusiasm will wane.
                        "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by kligu View Post
                          Judd 10 - 9 Ford
                          Yeah, I'd go with this. Been a great days play so far.

-
                          The fast and the furious,
                          The slow and labourious,
                          All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Yeah, might be a close match.

Comment

At 3-6 I would maybe have picked Ford, but as I said this mistake will come back to bite him. I think Trump will prevail now.

Comment

Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                                Has this happened before, a spot at the main draw staying empty? I can't remember.

They should take a page of tennis' playbook and give the spot to a "Lucky Loser". A draw among all sixteen players who lost in the final qualifying round.
                                The vacant spot should go to Ken Docherty who was cheated out of his rightful spot when his opponent struck a red with his cue and didnt declare it,. Disgusting behaviour

Comment

Working...
                                X