No announcement yet.

Qualifying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does Jimmy lick his hand occasionally between shots? I presume it's just a habit, but seems like one to quit during a pandemic

Comment

• I noticed a few other players touching their eyes, nose or mouth.

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
        We're off then!

So Reanne Evans failed to qualify. Not a bad performance, 6 - 3 against an experienced journeyman is respectable enough.
        Was her appearance at the expense of another player, or was she on a wild card?

-

Your post reminds me of the preliminary qualifying for wpbsa members not on the main tour which seems to have been discontinued after the 2013 world championship , https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_W...ary_qualifying does anyone know why this was discontinued ?

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post

Gotta say the level of play is miles higher though than in the Hicks - Evans match.
          not sure why Hicks played so bad ,maybe because he was playing Evans and was trying not to lose rather than trying to win .Not sure why women are total crap at snooker ,there is no reason to be as it’s not like you need to be strong ,but I checked Reane Evans stats out ,12 world championships and only two centuries in total with a high break of 118 ,and she’s the best of them !

Comment

• Wow was following the livescore form work and having a laugh at predictions of Hirani beating a under-trained Hull then the comeback, wish I were able to watch the decider. Livescore got stuck at 69-31 for a long time then found out about final result on twitter.

Good stuff from Yize, was expecting him to win and delivered, there was an almost comeback there from Hugill.

Taylor clearly well oiled after the challenger win.

Thought Keogan would at least make a match out of it, no chance.

Boiko's match will be shown tomorrow, yaaaas.

O'Brien-Lawler in QR2, the real final there.
            Last edited by motorhead; 22 July 2020, 12:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by mikee View Post

not sure why Hicks played so bad ,maybe because he was playing Evans and was trying not to lose rather than trying to win .Not sure why women are total crap at snooker ,there is no reason to be as it’s not like you need to be strong ,but I checked Reane Evans stats out ,12 world championships and only two centuries in total with a high break of 118 ,and she’s the best of them !

Tbf though last year was the first time an amateur ever qualified for the crucible james cahill stephen hendry’s nephew , and i’m not sure anyone ranked say 100th or lower ever qualified before that , it might be down to lack of pro table table time to get that constant familiarity like what the top players enjoy , not taking their part but a bit of sexism in that respect might still exist both here and in the far east , the fact that the best known chinese female is ng on yee after all this time hints at more than just a lack of natural ability but thats just my guess .
              Last edited by trains; 22 July 2020, 12:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by trains View Post

Tbf though last year was the first time an amateur ever qualified for the crucible james cahill stephen hendry’s nephew , and i’m not sure anyone ranked say 100th or lower ever qualified before that , it might be down to lack of pro table table time to get that constant familiarity like what the top players enjoy , not taking their part but a bit of sexism in that respect might still exist both here and in the far east , the fact that the best known chinese female is ng on yee after all this time hints at more than just a lack of natural ability but thats just my guess .
                With Cahill it was a bit different though as he was a pro a year two year before but had dropped off the tour so was no longer classed as pro at that time .I think the commentators and media were trying to whip up this amateur status as he had just done Ronnie .

Comment

• Originally Posted by mikee View Post

Some men go to pieces when playing a woman, it happened at the darts last year. Two tons for Reanne in twelve world championships, well she's better than me
                  Hand/eye co-ordination has nothing to do with physical strength, it evolved in the human male for hunting, the females were the gatherers so didn't need it, this is why most men play sports and most women shop for shoes.
                  Women with a bit too much testosterone, like Serena Williams, will have a better hand/eye than Paris Hilton, but Serena wouldn't stand a chance against the lowest ranked male tennis player on the tour but would beat me 6-0 6-0 6-0, then again I've never played tennis so maybe I could have great if I had, I was pretty good at table tennis in my youth, though I was lobbed once
                  Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                  but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Originally Posted by motorhead View Post

O'Brien-Lawler in QR2, the real final there.
                    Are there any odds, over how many days this match will go?

Comment

• Well I tried for ages to see if it was on Matchroom live Nothing, so why say that it's being shown and it isnt
                      Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

• I am outside the uk and it doesn't work here either.
                        No link or even mention of the worlds qualifiers matches at all on the site.

Comment

• Wishing the best of luck and hoping he plays exceptionally well to our TSF Resident Pro .................Fraser Patrick .

Best wishes from everyone at TSF and he's hoping you have a fantastic run in these qualifiers :snooker::snooker::snooker::snooker:
                          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
                            Why does Jimmy lick his hand occasionally between shots? I presume it's just a habit, but seems like one to quit during a pandemic
                            I do a similar thing, I've generally got quite dry skin and don't sweat much, so I often cover my mouth with my grip hand and lightly breath into it, imparting a little moisture onto my hand so I can hold the cue lightly without it slipping through my grip. Don't suppose it looks great, especially these days, but I've always done and it works for me. I shake with my left hand after the game.

-
                            The fast and the furious,
                            The slow and labourious,
                            All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Iulian Boiko against Thor Chuang Leong now. I'm really interested to see the Ukrainian play.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Delphi View Post

I am outside the uk and it doesn't work here either.
                                No link or even mention of the worlds qualifiers matches at all on the site.
                                Not sure why it's not working there. Try FB instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X