Qualifying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
    I noticed a few other players touching their eyes, nose or mouth.
    The covid safety measures in place make me laugh, they're utterly pointless. The player's bridge hands are all over the table, of course they are, they have to be. Therefor the cloth, which is of course absorbent, becomes a huge green hand wipe, which is constantly passed from player to player. There's no way around it other than steam cleaning the cloth after every shot, which probably wouldn't do the baize much good. Nobody seems really bothered though.

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

The covid safety measures in place make me laugh, they're utterly pointless. The player's bridge hands are all over the table, of course they are, they have to be. Therefor the cloth, which is of course absorbent, becomes a huge green hand wipe, which is constantly passed from player to player. There's no way around it other than steam cleaning the cloth after every shot, which probably wouldn't do the baize much good. Nobody seems really bothered though.

-
      I agree Pat. Not sharing rests etc is pointless. The players have been tested negative so just let them get on with it. Maybe It sounds like I’m being a bit reckless but we need to try and get back to normal and that will involve taking a few calculated risks. It’s not as if the players are in the 80+ vulnerable category. Any player, ref, official etc who does have some underlying health issues should probably not participate.

Comment

-
        They could have sanitiser on the players tables that they could use after every visit. I'm probably overthinking this.
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
          I agree Pat. Not sharing rests etc is pointless. The players have been tested negative so just let them get on with it. Maybe It sounds like I’m being a bit reckless but we need to try and get back to normal and that will involve taking a few calculated risks. It’s not as if the players are in the 80+ vulnerable category. Any player, ref, official etc who does have some underlying health issues should probably not participate.
          I know what you mean Nifty, but C19 has a very long incubation period, during which time people can exhibit no symptoms whatsoever.
          There's also a very real problem with 'false negative' test results, which combined with the prevalence of asymptomatic carriers, could spell big trouble for the future. It would be a false economy to get things back to normal for a short period of time, only to find that that attempt at normality ends up resulting in a much longer and worse second wave and everything that would entail. It was the second wave that really did the damage in the Spanish flu pandemic. Fingers crossed, ay.

-
          The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

They could have sanitiser on the players tables that they could use after every visit. I'm probably overthinking this.
            It would certainly help, but would it end up all over the cloth affecting playing conditions?

-
            The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Every person at the venue is running a risk of contracting the virus. Let's just hope they stay unaffected.
              Last edited by fkhan; 22 July 2020, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Every person at the venue is running a risk of contracting the virus. Let's just hope all stay unaffected.
                +1 to that.

-
                The slow and labourious,

Comment

It would certainly help, but would it end up all over the cloth affecting playing conditions?

-
                  I use a high alcohol content one and it evaporates really quickly , within 30 seconds and isn't sticky, like some are but I don't know what it would do to your skin if you were using it forty or fifty times a day. I wouldn't like to guess how many time you would have to use it in a best of nineteen.

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

I use a high alcohol content one and it evaporates really quickly , within 30 seconds and isn't sticky, like some are but I don't know what it would do to your skin if you were using it forty or fifty times a day. I wouldn't like to guess how many time you would have to use it in a best of nineteen.
                    I have not used this but heard good reviews about it. Separate bottles for cleaning cues and hands. Alcohol free too.

https://www.cuepower.co.uk/product/l...ble-sanitiser/

https://www.cuepower.co.uk/product/legends-q-sanitiser/

Comment

• Originally Posted by Neil Taperell View Post
                      Wishing the best of luck and hoping he plays exceptionally well to our TSF Resident Pro .................Fraser Patrick .

Best wishes from everyone at TSF and he's hoping you have a fantastic run in these qualifiers :snooker::snooker::snooker::snooker:
                      That's great! May I know the list of pro's currently on TSF?

Comment

I have not used this but heard good reviews about it. Separate bottles for cleaning cues and hands. Alcohol free too.

https://www.cuepower.co.uk/product/l...ble-sanitiser/

https://www.cuepower.co.uk/product/legends-q-sanitiser/
                        That would be a better answer, clean the table, then the players can do their hands before they start and you then don't have to worry about touching your face etc as everything is safe. I wonder if this is what they are doing.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Neil Taperell View Post
                          Wishing the best of luck and hoping he plays exceptionally well to our TSF Resident Pro .................Fraser Patrick .

Best wishes from everyone at TSF and he's hoping you have a fantastic run in these qualifiers :snooker::snooker::snooker::snooker:
                          a cracking start!
                          well done Frazz!
                          Ken Doherty next
                          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Brilliant stuff , well done Fraser
                            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Any one know why Sydney Wilson pulled out ?
                              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Cheers Neil and dean Syd had symptoms of the virus apparently but although testing negative was unable to play, there's something written up on the world snooker website

Comment

Working...
                                X