No announcement yet.

Qualifying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time watching these qualifiers and as others have said they are very interesting to watch with so many dynamics .

Would be interested to know the viewing figures .

Comment

• Originally Posted by trains View Post
      Doherty hasn’t retired and he hasn’t entered q school , its interesting if these tour invitation cards were around under previous chairman like rodney walker in the dilution of integrity , i’ve read that best of 11’s for the opening rounds of crucible qualifying may be a permanent fixture to satisfy eurosport , and best of 5’s for the opening rounds of the q school just sounds undignified .
      Jimmy White not entered q school not entered Q School either, maybe he is relying on another tour invitation tour card, if he gets one this will be his 3rd invitation tour card, while Ken Doherty be on his second one, also what about James Wattanna will he retire or his he on his 2nd year on the tour.
      Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

• From the look of it Ken Doherty is currently 64th or 63rd depending on where you look so is currently safe.
        So currently he does not have to apply for Q-School and any ITC would be announced during the WSC themselves surely
        Jimmy could be waiting for this
        There are a number of players that could leap over him and push him out, early days yet.
        Some need a good run at the main event to make them selves safe
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          From the look of it Ken Doherty is currently 64th or 63rd depending on where you look so is currently safe.
          So currently he does not have to apply for Q-School and any ITC would be announced during the WSC themselves surely
          Jimmy could be waiting for this
          There are a number of players that could leap over him and push him out, early days yet.
          Some need a good run at the main event to make them selves safe
          the q school draws have already been made and doherty hasn't entered them , yet you correctly inform me two days ago about the format for this years q school , no absolutely neither of us have lost a few brain cells in the last couple minutes :wink:

Comment

• been losing brain cells for years!
            as has been mentioned before the number of times Wattana has been given an ITC; Jimmy and, if necessary, Ken will be offered one
            Last edited by DeanH; 27 July 2020, 10:17 AM.

Comment

• I thought Jimmy was given a TWO year card last time so still got one more season? Looking at Provisional end of season rankings, which includes current WC points, Ken is 68th.

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                been losing brain cell for years!
                as has been mentioned before the number of times Wattana has been given an ITC; Jimmy and, if necessary, Ken will be offered one
                white's only completing his first year of his second card , so three straight and will be four straight invited years for him , wattana's just completed his third so six straight invited years for him , wattana's wiki page says he davis and hendry were offered two year cards in 2014, hendry declining , at least parrott had the grace to walkaway in 2011 , i was about to say if i had a chance from a principle standpoint i think i'd just apply via the ebsa route but i've just noticed they're best of 5's up to and not including the last 30 , ahh well at least i would have seen a bit of portugal which would have been nice , ws may have copied the ebsa .

Comment

• Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
                  I thought Jimmy was given a TWO year card last time so still got one more season? Looking at Provisional end of season rankings, which includes current WC points, Ken is 68th.
                  hi Nifty , i read your previous post about the player at your club Dean Young , just curious did he mention anything since about his match with barry pinches , i know only too well its really hard particularly against experienced players , i reckon they should have some kind of system with two seperate q schools as it seems a little unfair pitting your clubmate against pinches , i mean he has pro experience going way back to 1989 , they should allow younger players to get two years pro experience before going up in a sudden death sort of match like this , just my take , cheers .

Comment

• Best of 5 for Q School isn’t right in my opinion either . They are investing a lot of money to be there in the first place .
                    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• you are right, Jimmy is on his first year of a two year ITC, Ken did enough last to stay on by his own efforts.

snooker.org has Ken at 68
                      apologies I was looking at the wrong Prov. listing

Comment

• Just seen this from Hendon "For those asking, the first round draw for the Crucible will be live on the Eurosport website at 11am on Wednesday"

Comment

• Originally Posted by trains View Post

hi Nifty , i read your previous post about the player at your club Dean Young , just curious did he mention anything since about his match with barry pinches , i know only too well its really hard particularly against experienced players , i reckon they should have some kind of system with two seperate q schools as it seems a little unfair pitting your clubmate against pinches , i mean he has pro experience going way back to 1989 , they should allow younger players to get two years pro experience before going up in a sudden death sort of match like this , just my take , cheers .
                          Hi Trains, Haven’t seen Dean since lockdown as club was closed. It did open very briefly on July 15th then local council closed it again. I think Dean would more than likely have had virtually NO practice at all going into his Challenge Tour match with Rory McLeod and only a tiny bit of practice on the hotel table before his match with Pinches. By contrast I bet McLeod and Pinches would have had access to a table. Keys to their club or something like that.
                          Under different circumstances I’m pretty sure Dean would have been able to compete. Playing against experienced players is all part of the learning curve.
                          Too be fair Dean did ok v MacLeod. Quite a few frames went down to last few balls. One frame he lost from 12 up with pink and black remaining.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post

Hi Trains, Haven’t seen Dean since lockdown as club was closed. It did open very briefly on July 15th then local council closed it again. I think Dean would more than likely have had virtually NO practice at all going into his Challenge Tour match with Rory McLeod and only a tiny bit of practice on the hotel table before his match with Pinches. By contrast I bet McLeod and Pinches would have had access to a table. Keys to their club or something like that.
                            Under different circumstances I’m pretty sure Dean would have been able to compete. Playing against experienced players is all part of the learning curve.
                            Too be fair Dean did ok v MacLeod. Quite a few frames went down to last few balls. One frame he lost from 12 up with pink and black remaining.

There doesn’t appear from what i know at least to be any qualifying criteria between national governing bodies and the european billiards and snooker association , how for example did manasawin phetmalaikul get to represent england in the ebsa championship in march , if there was then the mcleods and pagetts with their keys probably couldn’t just enter and walk their way into the last 8’s etc and it would be less of an easier ride so to speak , also if all relegated pro’s just went back onto their national governing bodies it would generate more interest in the amateur game and more interest in the ebsa , hardly a bad thing at all on the surface .

Comment

• Great result for Elliott Slessor and back to The Crucible for more than a decade for my favourite player.......take a bow The Sheriff . Well done Anthony Hamilton , great victory over Scott Donaldson .
                              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by Neil Taperell View Post
                                Great result for Elliott Slessor and back to The Crucible for more than a decade for my favourite player.......take a bow The Sheriff . Well done Anthony Hamilton , great victory over Scott Donaldson .
                                Scott just seemed to collapse. He should have won afternoon session 6-3 and lost it 5-4. He was 64 up in one frame with 67 on and lost! Another frame lost with one red left and Anthony needing a snooker. Sounds pretty much like a bottle job. Maybe Anthony played very well. Good luck to him anyway. Deserves a bit of success. Had a tough time over the years.

Comment

Working...
                                X