World snooker Championship qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Neil Taperell View Post

Memory is fading but didn't Shaun Murphy have to qualify the year that he won it ?
    Think you're right Neil. Terry Griffiths as well.

Comment

• Lee Walker v Ken Doherty match pulled off at 5-4 to Walker. Ran out of time. No surprise there. Will resume later.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post

Tried to do a link but it didn't work. Go to snooker.org and select the "Provisional Season Points". The top 8 highlighted in yellow get a 2 year card.
        Thanks I'll check it.

Comment

• Has Michael White somewhere to be?? Lol Billy Wizz

Comment

Think you're right Neil. Terry Griffiths as well.
            And Alex Higgins( for his first) had to win a couple of qualifying matches

Comment

• I think even I could beat this Sargeant kid based on what I’ve seen tonight.

Comment

• Especially now your knocking in all those breaks now Steve ... tbh you could have given Hendry a run for his money on that form.
                Maybe not after a bottle of el vino though

Comment

• Originally Posted by Starsky View Post
                  Especially now your knocking in all those breaks now Steve ... tbh you could have given Hendry a run for his money on that form.
                  Maybe not after a bottle of el vino though
                  Especially after a bottle! Worked for Alex H

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                    I think Jimmy put a lot of pressure on himself before this match. I read a BBC article where he said he needed to win this match big time ( his words ). I think given their history he felt he had been still playing competitive match play and Steven hadn't really and probably felt increased pressure from that.

We all know Jimmy doesn't play well when he starts to sweat and feels the pressure. TBH I didn't expect much from it so wasn't disappointed.
                    So Hendry is still in his head after all these years. Jimmy won't feel that's true but it's been well earned, your subconscious rules your life.
                    Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post

So Hendry is still in his head after all these years. Jimmy won't feel that's true but it's been well earned, your subconscious rules your life.
                      Almost word for word what I said to the Mrs. while watching the match. Some wounds never heal and are easily reopened.
                      And that miscue.

-
                      The fast and the furious,
                      The slow and labourious,
                      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Sargeant is trying his best to loose tonight.

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post

His pride will never allow him to admit it, but without any doubt in my mind yes, it's still there. Maybe that's why Jimmy had a lot of fans, they/we understood his fragilities and identified with them. In many other matches against many other good opponents his fearless play won out, but Hendry was a different beast and his Nemesis in the end because one of Hendrys greatest sports skills was being able to see weakness in an opponent. He had that animal instinct like a Lion or a Great white, that enabled him to seize upon weakness In his prey mercilessly when opportunity arose.

It's one of those things when witnessed in nature thats both beautiful and cruel to Humans at the same time. Jimmy was a great talent but had a fragility that he hid in booze and party stories when it came to losses, he won as many and some of his best matches after those same hangovers. In my mind they didn't play any real part of his losses to Hendry, but they amalgamated after a couple of major losses into a far better reason/excuse for explaining them rather than admitting to weakness, which is pretty much every man on the planets greatest problem to admit to. :hororr:
                          ​​​​​​
                          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• I missed the match after Bex led 4-3. And when I see now, Sargeant won. Good one. How did that happen? Did he change his game in the last 3 frames?

Comment

Lee Walker v Ken Doherty match pulled off at 5-4 to Walker. Ran out of time. No surprise there. Will resume later.
                              glad walker won , had him in a seven fold bet that came through , walkers an under achiever if there ever was one .

Comment

• Originally Posted by trains View Post

glad walker won , had him in a seven fold bet that came through , walkers an under achiever if there ever was one .
                                Nice one Trains. I had wee lad from my club Dean Young to lose 6-2 at 18/5. Hated betting against the lad but just couldn’t see him doing much. Hope he doesn’t find out lol. Will have a look at the Hendry odds today to see if anything takes my fancy. Don’t usually bet the qualifiers but with lockdown etc it gives me something to do.

Comment

Working...
                                X