2021 Tour Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Tour Championship

So we jump from the nano format of the WST Pro Series, to something a bit more respectable.
    First up tomorrow afternoon and evening is Ronnie v Higgins, should be very tasty.

How to watch:
    1. UK and Republic of Ireland. ITV4
    2. Republic of Ireland. Setanta.
    3. Australia. Fox.
    4. USA, Canada, Brazil, Germany, Italy and Spain. DAZN.
    5. Czech Republic and Slovakia. Nova.
    6. Russia. NTV.
    7. Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, North Macedonia, Serbia and Montenegro. Sportklub.
    8. Poland. TVP
    And here's the draw:

http://www.snooker.org/res/index.asp?event=1097

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Great ! Higgins V Rocket tomorrow. Will John Higgins still maintain that purple patch of form which saw him hammer O Sullivan 10-3 last time out. If he does it will be fascinating

Comment

Has ROS changed his cue?

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
        Has ROS changed his cue?
        Yes. He said in his pre match interview he tried to get the old one repaired but it didn’t work out so he had to get a new one. Not happy with new one either!
        He wanted to pull out of tournament and give Jordan Brown a chance to play. He still wanted to receive some prize money though... bit cheeky I thought. Anyhow those in charge weren’t having any of it. He’s turned up and ahead in the match.

Comment

Damn! Something came up so I had to miss the first session, looks like it was a good one too.

-
          The slow and labourious,

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post

Yes. He said in his pre match interview he tried to get the old one repaired but it didn’t work out so he had to get a new one. Not happy with new one either!
            He wanted to pull out of tournament and give Jordan Brown a chance to play. He still wanted to receive some prize money though... bit cheeky I thought. Anyhow those in charge weren’t having any of it. He’s turned up and ahead in the match.
            Thanks. Is it another JP?

Comment

He didn’t say but it will be.

Comment

Well that didn't disappoint did it, crackin' match, worthy of a final. Looks like it's going to be a tough ask to see off ROS if he keeps this form. Bet he's glad he stuck around now.

-
                The slow and labourious,

Comment

Usual hot air from Ronnie , "the cue is way off balance " FFS ! he always was going to play , hadn't a notion of not playing . Very watchable match. At least the hot air was coming out of the orifice in his head this time instead of the one at the opposite end of his body. Hope he wins the tournament though and goes on to pick up another world title . Time is running out for the rocket , the years will catch up with the class of 92 at some stage . If Ronnie doesn't win worlds I would love to see John or Mark win another.. world title . Interesting to hear Hendry talking about his comeback and how he enjoyed it .

Comment

Pleased Ronnie won that one ,he looked focused and ground out a good match performance ,and good to see Higgins has slipped back in to a more normal standard .

Comment

Caught a few glimpses of it last night. Usual JP Traditional design. Can’t remember him ever having anything different. Wish Dean was here. He would know. The only difference nowadays is that John Parris would pick him out an Ultimate shaft. Wonder if he’ll have yet another new one for the World Championships.

Comment

Originally Posted by balkend View Post
                        Usual hot air from Ronnie , "the cue is way off balance " FFS ! he always was going to play , hadn't a notion of not playing . Very watchable match. At least the hot air was coming out of the orifice in his head this time instead of the one at the opposite end of his body. Hope he wins the tournament though and goes on to pick up another world title . Time is running out for the rocket , the years will catch up with the class of 92 at some stage . If Ronnie doesn't win worlds I would love to see John or Mark win another.. world title . Interesting to hear Hendry talking about his comeback and how he enjoyed it .

Is that a prediction or a hope , i think even the hallowed media narrative needs to see some dissolving of this , snooker is a physically negligible game so i don’t see age making much difference and the game is too much of a closed off exhibition for there to be any change , williams said recently he’ll continue playing til he’s physically incapable , that could be for a full two decades yet , whats to say it won’t happen and the media narrative will still be set on this magical mystical class of 92 .

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post

Is that a prediction or a hope , i think even the hallowed media narrative needs to see some dissolving of this , snooker is a physically negligible game so i don’t see age making much difference and the game is too much of a closed off exhibition for there to be any change , williams said recently he’ll continue playing til he’s physically incapable , that could be for a full two decades yet , whats to say it won’t happen and the media narrative will still be set on this magical mystical class of 92 .
                          I don’t agree with you trains. As you get older your body starts to deteriorate. Some people may be lucky or like Ronnie have kept themselves in shape. Loads of others have had to retire due to niggling injuries. Since the age of about 50 I’ve struggled with back, neck and eyesight problems. No way can I play to the same standard as I did when I was in my thirties. My back is so stiff I can’t get down to have my chin on the cue like I used to be able to do.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post

I don’t agree with you trains. As you get older your body starts to deteriorate. Some people may be lucky or like Ronnie have kept themselves in shape. Loads of others have had to retire due to niggling injuries. Since the age of about 50 I’ve struggled with back, neck and eyesight problems. No way can I play to the same standard as I did when I was in my thirties. My back is so stiff I can’t get down to have my chin on the cue like I used to be able to do.
                            fair enough , and maybe the ' three ' of the class of 92 may just get lucky with their health but if they've been marinated in say over a quarter of a million income over the last 20 years or more they're not going to give that up easily and probably have had the forethought to best preserve their health and thus their income , its not like say someone who retired after say the 2000 season and has been working as a lorry driver since and has came back or say marcus campbell who's been working as a heating engineer ? both cases they're probably not as comfortable and getting the same type of income , their lifestyle's possibly wouldn't have the same mentality as hanging around holiday inn's half expecting to get to the last 8's of each big paying event , all cases vary though of course .

Comment

Well John Higgins is playing well these days and he is fatter by the week ,and looks ten years older than Ronnie ,I think the WPBSA might have to reinforce the table if Mark Allen and Higgins get drawn together .

Comment

Working...
                              X