Jack Lisowski (14) v Ali Carter

Barry Hawkins (11) v Matthew Selt

Kyren Wilson (6) v Gary Wilson

————————————

Shaun Murphy (7) v Mark Davis

Yan Bingtao (10) v Martin Gould

David Gilbert (15) v Chris Wakelin

Judd Trump (2) v Liam Highfield
    Last edited by DeanH; 15 April 2021, 10:23 AM.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Nice draw. Ding and Lisowski got really tough ones.
    Higgins v Robbo final will be one of my bets.

Comment

That's a better looking draw now to that which was on the WST site few days back. ROS was down to play Ant McGill which seemed a shame for either player to go out for first round, with Ron being Champ and Ant putting in a major performance too last year.
      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Well looking at that draw the only qualifier I see going through is Bingham

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
          Nice draw. Ding and Lisowski got really tough ones.
          Higgins v Robbo final will be one of my bets.
          Agreed, think Jamie Jones has a decent shout against Maguire also if he can bring his form from the qualifiers into the main event. Selt, Davis, Gould and G Wilson would be my other picks against seeds how aren't in great form.

Comment

Seems a bit One sided IMHO the top 16 all play a qualifier, it should be mixed up so you get the chance of Seed vs Seed and Qualifier vs Qualifier, That would make it far more 'Open'
            Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

Originally Posted by John Flaf View Post
              Seems a bit One sided IMHO the top 16 all play a qualifier, it should be mixed up so you get the chance of Seed vs Seed and Qualifier vs Qualifier, That would make it far more 'Open'
              I think it works out okay. It means you don't end up with an easy side of the draw unless lots of seeds go out. Whilst the last couple of years have panned out with one sided finals, historically semi-finals and finals have been reasonably close which suggest the format works.

Comment

Yeah I think it’s fair ,you need some advantage of being in the top 16 ,that’s what players aim for .I think there could be a few upsets lurking looking at the draw .Not a fan of the Chinese players in general ,they seem pretty boring apart from Bingtao who seems to play with some flair ,but I will be rooting for Ding though as he’s got Ball bag Bingham in the first round . shame Un noo is not there I didn't realise he had not made it through I really like that guy ,he has great ability ,must be some ropy shot selection still that does him in .

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post
                  Yeah I think it’s fair ,you need some advantage of being in the top 16 ,that’s what players aim for .I think there could be a few upsets lurking looking at the draw .Not a fan of the Chinese players in general ,they seem pretty boring apart from Bingtao who seems to play with some flair ,but I will be rooting for Ding though as he’s got Ball bag Bingham in the first round . shame Un noo is not there I didn't realise he had not made it through I really like that guy ,he has great ability ,must be some ropy shot selection still that does him in .
                  Un-Noon lost to Igor ‘the bore’ Figueiredo

Comment

Is there any way to find who's on Eurosport or BBC on Monday morning for the 11am game?

Comment

Originally Posted by Mrman View Post
                      Is there any way to find who's on Eurosport or BBC on Monday morning for the 11am game?
                      Surely a google search ?

Comment

Originally Posted by Mrman View Post
                        BBC should have both games, with one on BBC 2 and one on the red button (channel 981 if you have Sky). 10am start I think not 11am. The matches being played are :
                        • Ding Junhui v Stuart Bingham
                        • Kyren Wilson v Gary Wilson
                        They are both first sessions, and neither stands out as likely to be higher quality than the other, so you can flip a coin as to which match Eurosport will show

Comment

I've got tickets for the 10am game that's all. Hoping I'm watching the Ding / Stuart game.

Comment

Let's hope that the royal cadaver pomp and circumstance doesn't disrupt the BBC tv schedules on saturday. Chuck the old git in the back of a passing bin lorry and focus on the snooker please.
                            Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                            but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                              Let's hope that the royal cadaver pomp and circumstance doesn't disrupt the BBC tv schedules on saturday. Chuck the old git in the back of a passing bin lorry and focus on the snooker please.
                              Sounds like exactly the sort of thing he would have said himself, I'm sure he'd approve.

-
                              The fast and the furious,
                              The slow and labourious,
                              All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Working...
                              X