No announcement yet.

UK Championship 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go on then… who else spotted the pink foul?

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
      McManus's head, it's on springs.

-
      Is he with Eurosport for this, or the Beeb?
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post
        Go on then… who else spotted the pink foul?
        Just you and Ken, I think. Very interesting point, albeit somewhat moot now. Poor refereeing, or is that a little harsh?
        Last edited by Billy; 28 November 2021, 05:18 PM.
        "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• I thought it might be a foul as the cue hit the cue ball just as it was stopping so difficult to tell for certain.
          Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
          but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post

Is he with Eurosport for this, or the Beeb?
            Eurosport, with Jimmy, etc.
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post
              I thought it might be a foul as the cue hit the cue ball just as it was stopping so difficult to tell for certain.
              Me too.

-
              The fast and the furious,
              The slow and labourious,
              All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                I thought it might be a foul as the cue hit the cue ball just as it was stopping so difficult to tell for certain.
                Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                Me too.
                You could call this a catalogue of errors:
                - the referee should have waited for the cue ball to stop moving, then check that the opponent did not wish to come to the table, AND THEN call the frame.
                - a Player is responsible for their equipment, Sam should not have placed his cue anywhere near any ball moving or not, as you saw and as well we all know, a cue can roll on their own after placement

In my opinion:

Should NOT have been called a foul as the referee had called the frame, it could be said that indicated to Sam that it was all over and he put his cue on the table because of the call; and as stated in the rules a player is not culpable for any mistake by a referee

It is actually a foul as the cue did hit the cue ball when the cue ball was still moving so officially the stroke was not finished, the turn was not finished and the frame was not finished - BUT because the referee called the frame, indicating frame finished the foul should not have been called.

One for the Referees committee to send out a reminder to their membership
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• [QUOTE=Danger Steve;n1015610]Chris has moved out of the Atack club that Orvil keeps mentioning, I think he

Quote not working , just out of curiosity Danger Steve who is Orvil ? do you mean smurfy ? was he commentating ? cheers

Comment

• Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post
                    Chris has moved out of the Atack club that Orvil keeps mentioning, I think he’s somewhere in Rugby now… Maybe all wasn't just that rosey between him and Selby? All a bit strange really..
                    Ask Tom next time you see him, think he know Chris pretty well IIRC.
                    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                      I really like those frames like the second, when the reds are all over the place and especially also in the upper half of the table.
                      Are you watching the Selby match Jim?

-
                      The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

Are you watching the Selby match Jim?

-
                        Yes. Lovely frame again

Comment

• Anyone got live feed from Luca brecel's match pls, not on eurosport

Comment

• Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
                            Anyone got live feed from Luca brecel's match pls, not on eurosport
                            yes i wanted to see it on bet365 but its not on , he's one of the form players this season , very good for the game i think if he has a good run in this tournament.

Comment

• I really like Anthony Hamilton, he's one of my all time favourite players, so when I say this, I say it as a friend. Anthony, loose the scraggly patchy wire wool look, buy yourself a hair trimmer for 30 quid from Amazon and use it. It's liberating, you will not regret it, I promise.

-
                              The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Originally Posted by trains View Post

yes i wanted to see it on bet365 but its not on , he's one of the form players this season , very good for the game i think if he has a good run in this tournament.
                                I know, i played many tournements this year where he was at too, even made a 147 at a local tournament when i was there, amazing.
                                One final i watched live he won 3-0 with 3 centuries in 27 minutes

Comment

Working...
                                X