UK Championship 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Holy ****, Luca! Where the hell have you been all these years??
    The finals i saw him play locally this summer were even more awesome, on club tables, not a ball safe on the table, everything went in

Comment

• That was an awesome performance from Luca, wasn't it. Will this turn out to be his coming of age, snooker wise, or is he just having a great run of form? Can he perform to the same or similar level tomorrow, or has he peaked a day too early? Can't wait to find out

-
      The fast and the furious,
      The slow and labourious,
      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Luca's long bridge is because he's quite short so any standard length cue is quite long for him, so what do the coaches know ? played great today and the best of luck tomorow against hopefully Zhao who's another one who has begun to to reign in his natural aggression. Are there any attacking flair players left in the game these days
        Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
        but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Does anybody know where I can find the stats for today's Brecel match? Cuetracker has the points scored by frame and a few other things, but not percentage of balls potted and some of the other stats that the BBC displays during matches. I'm mostly interested in how many balls potted and how many shots he missed.

His lowest break in the 6 frames that he won was 80. That has to be some kind of record. If he plays at close to this level tomorrow he'll win the title.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Delphi View Post

The finals i saw him play locally this summer were even more awesome, on club tables, not a ball safe on the table, everything went in
            I was there too. I was wondering how it would be the first few months on tour.. and i

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post
              Luca's long bridge is because he's quite short so any standard length cue is quite long for him, so what do the coaches know ? played great today and the best of luck tomorow against hopefully Zhao who's another one who has begun to to reign in his natural aggression. Are there any attacking flair players left in the game these days
              Yes Lewoski

Comment

• Err, this table's a bit messy, could someone get the hoover please. Enter Zhao.

-
                The fast and the furious,
                The slow and labourious,
                All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Lost in all of this is the fact that Tom Ford was 5-4 ahead of Brecel in the second round and Brecel barely won the 10th frame 61-45. It just shows how one or two frames can completely change a career. If he had lost one of those last two frames we'd still be talking about his unfulfilled potential. Now this run my still be a blip in the radar, but I think he's going to use this as a stepping stone to be a very good player over the next 10-15 years.

Same with Zhou. Won a decider 73-66 against Un-Nooh in the 2nd round. Then he came back from 5-3 down against Higgins in the 3rd round. Lose any of those four frames and his season would have continued to be the disaster that it had been up to that point. So now we have all of these narratives and superlatives about the two players, where they really needed some luck to advance beyond the second round. I guess that's sports.

Comment

• Wouldn't it be something if the reigning Masters and UK champions were Yan and Zhou.

Comment

• Zhou Yuelong?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                        Zhou Yuelong?
                        Ooops. Zhao. 😁

Comment

• Looks like the born in the 90s thing will finally be put to rest.

Comment

• This would be the second ever UK final without a UK player in it. The only other was Robertson vs Liang in 2015. It's only happened once at the Masters. Ding vs Fu in 2011. It has never happened at the WC, unless you count the 1952 final between an Australian and a New Zealander.

Comment

• That made me cringe a little, when that loan guy shouted out “Come on, The Hawk!” Arrrgh
                              "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• I wonder what the odds were on a Zhao vs Brecel final at the begining of the tournament? 1000 to 1? 2000 to 1?

The winner tomorrow goes to the Masters and bumps out Zhou Yuelong.

Comment

Working...
                                X