No announcement yet.

UK Championship 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No scores/live scores on the Williams v Lei match. How can they get this one small but very important thing wrong in every single tournament?

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

I’m pretty sure Murphy Wasn’t complaining before his match with an amateur ,and if Murphy had thrashed Si them he would have been saying stuff like he’s got a good game and he’ll be great when he turns pro etc .Don’t think Murphy is that well liked on the tour anyway ,he was well over the top with those comments .He needs to be putting less food on the table if he has any sense .

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
        No scores/live scores on the Williams v Lei match. How can they get this one small but very important thing wrong in every single tournament?

-
        it is streamed on bet365 though , i remember barry hawkins made a similar comment to murphy's about amateur players a few years ago after he nearly lost to andy hicks , like murphy he didn't qualify the ' less pressure on amateurs ' line at all , i posted here , ' yes barry , like andy hicks is only playing because he wants to continue being an amateur ' .
        you have to wonder if the environment would be better if everyone took their turn at the q school and they all dropped out of this career comfort zone they seem to be residing in.

Comment

I wonder what Murphy thinks about Hendry,White and Evens on their free passes .

Comment

i've never heard of anyone exerting themselves in wst events while WANTING to continue being an amateur , possibly Darren Morgan but i'm not sure about that either , though he's never actually played at the q school so there could be something to that in his case at least.
            this ' less pressure ' thing just seems to be a lazy default go to narrative they resort to when the script doesn't go their way i suppose.

edit : darren morgan as far as i'm aware hasn't played in a world snooker / wst event for donkeys years , i don't know why he participates in the european billiards and snooker association pro qualifying tournament without playing at the q school and whether he'd take his tour card if he won the ebsa event.
            Last edited by trains; 24 November 2021, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post
              it is streamed on bet365 though....
              Yes, it was also streamed on the eurosport player, without scores.

-
              The slow and labourious,

Comment

https://metro.co.uk/2021/11/24/neil-...hing-15658998/

Neil Robertson and Mark Williams back Shaun Murphy over amateur outburst. I agree you can't play your best snooker everyday. But they must not bad mouth Amateurs too.
                Last edited by fkhan; 24 November 2021, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                  https://metro.co.uk/2021/11/24/neil-...hing-15658998/

Neil Robertson and Mark Williams back Shaun Murphy over amateur outburst. I agree you can't play your best snooker everyday. But they must not bad mouth Amateurs too.
                  Thanks fkhan.

"Many elite amateur players like Si Jiahui train and compete full time in the hope of earning a guaranteed tour place, therefore they are competing under significant pressure with no guarantees. Providing opportunities for the best amateur players is important for our growth as a sport and that is something that Shaun benefitted from during his early days as a player."

-
                  The slow and labourious,

Comment

🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀

Comment

i thought he could have held for the red by cutting the black in , could be mistaken though.
                      Being that he seemed to have overrun for the black, wouldn't it have been prudent, under the circumstances, to play the blue for the snooker behind the black?

-
                      The slow and labourious,

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                        🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀
                        LOL He's on it tonight isn't he.

-
                        The slow and labourious,

Comment

LOL He's on it tonight isn't he.

-
                          Yes and White comes up with a century too. 3 tons back to back.

Comment

Hendrys getting rinsed on table two , Un-noo 3 nil up ,think he’s had 3 tons ,Hendry not potted a ball .

Comment

Being that he seemed to have overrun for the black, wouldn't it have been prudent, under the circumstances, to play the blue for the snooker behind the black?

-
                              whats the points score there , murphy 45 , si 52 , even though he missed the blue its still a good match winning chance , i understand players not taking on long cueing shots over distance with the match on the line and playing for a snooker instead but not in this case , if a soft roll in black and hold for the red was on i would have went for that instead and took less chance with the knuckles on the more forceful blue , he still should have pot the blue anyway.

Comment

whats the points score there , murphy 45 , si 52 , even though he missed the blue its still a good match winning chance , i understand players not taking on long cueing shots over distance with the match on the line and playing for a snooker instead but not in this case , if a soft roll in black and hold for the red was on i would have went for that instead and took less chance with the knuckles on the more forceful blue , he still should have pot the blue anyway.
                                45 - 53 to Si. I would think that if the shot on the black was on, he'd have played it. The blue was always going to be tricky at that pace.

-
                                The slow and labourious,

Comment

Working...
                                X