Wuxi Classic 2013 - Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks after his cue well then

Might see Robert on Saturday , so I will ask him .
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

So, Ding avoids the upset this time. He played better from 3-2 down, but he might need to be strong right from the start against an in-form Perry.

Nice to see Cao Yupeng through as well, but he too will need a strong performance in the next round, most likely against Hawkins.

Comment

Well done jim, cued well today, good solid snooker, great to see him at a venue and cueing well, makes me feel fantastic
        Blown away

Comment

Some good snooker to watch and more to come.

Reanne showed some good form and has improved her play
          considerably and I hope she continues to qualify for more
          tournaments. Nice also to see Jimmy and Ding win and it
          looks like a lot of good matchups to come.

Comment

Originally Posted by robertmac View Post
            Some good snooker to watch and more to come.
            Can anyone suggest links to watch please?
            My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
            I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Trump in a bit of trouble this morning. He had good chances in the first two frames but completely failed to take control of the match, and now he finds himself 3-0 down. :wink:

Comment

3-1 now but these conditions are very tough. table playing poor due to humidity, cameras, flashes and mobile phones going off frequently, it really is about time these chinese started showing respect to the players now. No more excuses, every single tournament played in China is a farce and its no wonder some players don't want to travel when they can't even give them the basics of what is expected to play snooker at professional level.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                  3-1 now but these conditions are very tough. table playing poor due to humidity, cameras, flashes and mobile phones going off frequently, it really is about time these chinese started showing respect to the players now. No more excuses, every single tournament played in China is a farce and its no wonder some players don't want to travel when they can't even give them the basics of what is expected to play snooker at professional level.
                  Well said.

Comment

Trump back in the match now. Li could have had two great scoring chances in the last two frames, but Trump first missed a yellow by a mile and fluked it to the middle off two cushions, not leaving Li in the balls, and in the next frame Li had an unlucky foul when playing a cannon, giving the chance back to Trump. :wink:

Comment

And another shocking defeat for Trump...Is it me or he looks to spend more time partying these days than practicing seriously?
                      I mean, his last shots minutes ago were a joke, tactically speaking...completely all over the place....
                      Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Well played Li Hang, solid performance in the last two frames. He is in a really tough quarter, but there is now half a chance of a Chinese clash with Xiao Guodong in the next round, which could be quite interesting.

Trump didn't really show up today, too many lose shots, especially unforced errors on safeties, leaving the white at the black end on a number of occasions.

Allen is also struggling... I had a feeling a couple of the top players would, especially those who hadn't played this season. Dott and Carter could be possible casualties. I thought Bingham could be too, but he played quite well. :smile:

Comment

And Mark Allen is out as well. Peter Lines had to be helped over the line a bit in the end. Why he didn't go for reasonable pots when he was a couple of balls from winning, I'll never know. But it didn't cost him. :wink:

Comment

Originally Posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
                            And another shocking defeat for Trump...Is it me or he looks to spend more time partying these days than practicing seriously?
                            I mean, his last shots minutes ago were a joke, tactically speaking...completely all over the place....
                            Well he has recently been to vegas and probably holidaying but he also has sponsorship commitments as he is massive over in China and travels frequently to fulfil many obligations which probably takes a bit out of him. You have to accept now that most players are inspired by money rather than titles. HE is a rich young man and likes to enjoy life, and why shouldn't he. Life is too short to be spending all your time practicing and playing so if he decides to spend half the season taking it easy and then choosing the events he wants to prepare hard for then that is his prerogative. At least he qualified and bothered to turn up which is more than you can say about certain other players who seem above criticism for some reason!

Comment

Oh yeah, you are right Cueman, he has all the rights to enjoy life when he can. As we say too often 'a good snooker player is a misspent youth!'....but not always.
                              No what bothers me is his implication in the game. He seems to be taking games very lightly nowadays....and if he wants to select the tournaments he enters to, no pb...but at least do smthg at the table, son. I hope he'll soon be back at its best as he's such an exceptional talent!
                              Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

I don't think he is any different to O'Sullivan in that respect. How many times have we seen or said the same thing about O'Sullivan in the past who often took certain games too lightly and not applying himself. Seems par for the course now, especially for the younger players who want to experience all the other luxuries that life has to offer and often their career takes a backseat.

I do personally believe though that this is a result of too many tournaments and not spaced out well enough. Its only a month ago we had the final of the world championships and already we've had 2 rounds of qualifying, a PTC and now two consective ranking tournaments in the space of a month. Its overkill and nobody really wants to do all this without time to relax and go on holiday. I doubt many players have been on the practice table really and its a great time for the lower ranked players to catch the top players way below their best. Lets look at things around November/December time when the real big tournaments are on offer, I suspect we'll be marvelling at these players again and forgetting all about these minor events.

Comment

Working...
                                X