Wuxi Classic 2013 - Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe Perry 5 - 1 Ding Junhui . . .

I wonder if he will ever win this tournament?

My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
    I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
      Just read that Judd Trump moaned that there is no money in snooker and he felt pressured to play in every tournament .

He's an interesting idea........go and get a job that pays more than you earn as a snooker player .

Funny that he doesn't earn much ........reports that he owns a Ferrari and a pair of shoes that cost £2000 ..........no money . Please don't make me laugh .

You lost ......again ......get over it .
      Indeed, he's earned more than 800,000 quid from snooker so far. "No money in snooker" my ass.

Comment

I like Trump but I disagree with him here. I think that sports people are paid too much overall and snooker is one of the more reasonable ones. He's earned a hell of a lot so far and he is only in his early twenties, he shouldn't be complaining that much about it. He's probably just a bit disgruntled after having a bad start to the season.

Comment

You can't compare snooker earnings with golf, football, tennis etc as it's just not as popular. Snooker is never going to be in the league of golf where the top 32 players earn in excess of US $1 million annually. Snooker doesn't have that kind of prestige backing in it's events. Snooker needs worldwide appeal especially in the US. Look at 9 ball. I bet they earn more on average than snooker players.

Comment

You goota be winning frequently to be earning good in snooker..Pro football players earnings are a absolute excessive joke..
            JP Majestic
            3/4
            57"
            17oz
            9.5mm Elk

Comment

ken147:

Actually the top pool professionals earn a lot less then the top snooker pros. First prize in the US Open 9-ball was just $50K a couple of years ago and I doubt if it's grown much. Most of their tournaments offer about $25K for first place with a few big ones offering a little more

Terry
              Terry Davidson
              IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                ken147:

Actually the top pool professionals earn a lot less then the top snooker pros. First prize in the US Open 9-ball was just $50K a couple of years ago and I doubt if it's grown much. Most of their tournaments offer about $25K for first place with a few big ones offering a little more

Terry
                I find that very surprising. I remember reading somewhere that their version of 9 ball world championship had a prize money of US $1 million to the winner. Most probaby misread it, US $1 million total prize money.

Comment

Getting back to talking about the event I must say I really enjoyed watching Jack Lisowski (is that how you spell it?) play against Mark Williams - great match Williams fluked a red at 4 - 4 and did enough to win in one visit proving there is life in the old dog yet.

Jack is a very fast and fluent player and forget Trump I think this guy is the real true heir to rocket Ronnie in my view. I would go so far as to say if he tempers his shot selection and calms it down a bit with a bit better safety he WILL BE a winner of many events and I would go so far as to say a possible future multiple world champion. He is my new favourite player to watch - What a cool dude.

Comment

ken147:

No you didn't mis-read it. Bustamonte won that tournament but he only eventually received a 10% payout as did all the players I think. It was a big scandal at the time and there was even an article about it in Snooker Scene.

The belief was the promoter pocketed a lot of money himself and he disappeared. Probably in the Caymans or Belize drinking cuba libres and smoking big fat Cuban cigars.

Terry
                    Terry Davidson
                    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Watching Hamilton v Williams. Got to smile at Hamilton who must be the scruffiest player on the circuit! He needs to invest in a belt. Nice banter between the two though, played in a good spirit. 1-1.

Comment

I believe that Hamilton has been asked by several "officials" of the game to "smarten up" to improve the "image" of the game
                        must admit I do like to see him play (another player not to have met their potential in the years gone by)

anyway, I recording the matches so I will not be reading this thread till later
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Quite a few chances wasted in the Williams-Hamilton match, but Robertson isn't wasting many, 4-0 over King at the interval. :smile:

Comment

Great result for Anthony Hamilton ........showing his talent , which he has not produced for a number of years . Hope this starts a decent upturn in his fortune . Tough match next as well against Robert Milkins .

Not bothered how he dresses , a character . Which the game needs in my opinion .
                            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Robertson and Higgins are both tough to beat but I
                              believe anyone can win and I wouldnt count any
                              player out.

Comment

So the first tournament with the new open format reaches the quarter finals and interesting to note that only 3 top 16 players have made it. Is this going to be the norm now or is it just a case of the top players not being sharp for the new season. Barry Hearn says he expects the cream to still rise to the top under the new format but it certainly hasn't happened this week. That said, we could still get a Higgins/Robertson final. Higgins is playing great at the moment and Robertson looks every inch a world no.1. Then again, you wouldn't be that surprised if they both went out tomorrow. I'd be amazed if we don't see at least one ranking event winner from outside the top 16 this season. Just can't make up my mind whether this is going to be good or bad for the game in the long run.

Comment

Working...
                                X