No announcement yet.

Champion of Champions Snooker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winning tournaments when you're not at your best = the mark of a true champion!
    After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

Comment

• Originally Posted by scottley View Post
      Winning tournaments when you're not at your best = the mark of a true champion!
      Yes I agree with that. Ronnie played his B-game for most of the tournament and still managed to beat the top players in the world. Ronnie's long game is not what it used to be, but he manages to beat younger players who have a superb long game because his break building and safety play is brilliant.
      Box the chimp.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Holden Chinaski View Post
        Yes I agree with that. Ronnie played his B-game for most of the tournament and still managed to beat the top players in the world. Ronnie's long game is not what it used to be, but he manages to beat younger players who have a superb long game because his break building and safety play is brilliant.
        still had 5 centuries in the tournament and 9 breaks over 40 in the final........man he struggled!! lol
        H.b.142

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
          I would agree with that... He had a couple of emotional reactions after bad shots, but I don't think he ever played anything silly. He competed in the safety very well all week, even when it went on for a while, and he battled for every frame.

He came through three close matches, and you could say he had a lot of luck not to go out before the final, particularly in the 9th frame against Ding where he fluked a red that kept him in the match, but at the same time he was wasting so many chances... He could have won this tournament convincingly with his usual high scoring, so chances are he plays even better in the UK.
          he appears happy enough to me but agreed he was lucky to beat ding - very lucky! and again to beat robertson. in the end snooker is about very very fine margins these days and they were just about on his side.
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• I thought 'luck' and a 'fluke' all part of the 'run of the balls' and is all part of the game along with a 'bad contact' or a 'kick'?... I am sure you would all be complaining about Ronnie if he was playing perfect snooker all the time and winning every tourno like some racing drivers do or tennis players in the past? Steve got the tag boring because he was winning everything and rarely missing too...

I sometimes think Ronnie takes on very difficult shots and his element of doubt about it go towards him not being 100% committed to the shot and then either missing it or running out of position, thus putting a bit more pressure on himself and making the match more exciting. He did seem keen to win yesterday and he is a very worthy first Champion of Champions.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Steve748 View Post
              I thought 'luck' and a 'fluke' all part of the 'run of the balls' and is all part of the game along with a 'bad contact' or a 'kick'?... I am sure you would all be complaining about Ronnie if he was playing perfect snooker all the time and winning every tourno like some racing drivers do or tennis players in the past? Steve got the tag boring because he was winning everything and rarely missing too...

I sometimes think Ronnie takes on very difficult shots and his element of doubt about it go towards him not being 100% committed to the shot and then either missing it or running out of position, thus putting a bit more pressure on himself and making the match more exciting. He did seem keen to win yesterday and he is a very worthy first Champion of Champions.
              Very good post.
              Box the chimp.

Comment

• Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                whoever had won would have been a worthy winner because the field was made up of all the previous years event champions, as happens in other sports champion of champion formats, maybe the system is too complex for you? of your other contenders 3 are dead significantly reducing their chances of victory
                I think it is fair to say that I understood fully the complex arrangements concerning the line up, it took me a while, but I worked it out.

You however are obviously having trouble with your reading, and or memory, and maybe even your grasp on the English language as I clearly said that >>>>>>

All these were worthy in their own era, and that means that Ronnie is not only the worthy winner, but the only candidate. <<<<<

Please look up "Era" or ask a grown up, and then understand that AFAIAC Ronnie is the only worthy winner ( since I didn't think that Stuart would have been) For the reasons given.

THEN........... I went further and qualified it all by adding that in yesterdays match Ronnie was "THE ONLY CANDIDATE". DOH !!!

I dont have any idea who you are, but I have built up a picture of you after your post and I can see it now, when you left school the report said, Should try harder to concentrate on whats happening around him, maybe a few hours of after school would have been beneficial to you ?

Comment

• Originally Posted by armstm View Post
                  although i have to say rocketexpress does do a fantastic job in uploading...
                  he was disinterested that match but he still won and better yet went on to win the tournament. sorry clown but i don't really get what your point is. he has been trolling at least half of his entire career (and my point was that he was trolling in the champion of champions final vs. stuart bingham) and has still been winning because he is that good - sorry that you are unable to understand that simple point i tried to make

p.s. pls let me know your YT handle so i can ask the administrator to ban your account - don't like idiots using my resources
                  Last edited by arbitrage; 25 November 2013, 01:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Steve748 View Post
                    I am sure you would all be complaining about Ronnie if he was playing perfect snooker all the time and winning every tourno like some racing drivers do or tennis players in the past? Steve got the tag boring because he was winning everything and rarely missing too...
                    I missed the Davis era as I'm 32, so my snooker initiations were White v Hendry, but I think part of Davis being tagged as boring was the way he was winning - no emotion, no real flair, just solid, methodical, calculated snooker. O'Sullivan is capable of that, but ionly so long as he can come off the table and say something stupid to compensate.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Smiffie View Post
                      I think it is fair to say that I understood fully the complex arrangements concerning the line up, it took me a while, but I worked it out.

You however are obviously having trouble with your reading, and or memory, and maybe even your grasp on the English language as I clearly said that >>>>>>

All these were worthy in their own era, and that means that Ronnie is not only the worthy winner, but the only candidate. <<<<<

Please look up "Era" or ask a grown up, and then understand that AFAIAC Ronnie is the only worthy winner ( since I didn't think that Stuart would have been) For the reasons given.

THEN........... I went further and qualified it all by adding that in yesterdays match Ronnie was "THE ONLY CANDIDATE". DOH !!!

I dont have any idea who you are, but I have built up a picture of you after your post and I can see it now, when you left school the report said, Should try harder to concentrate on whats happening around him, maybe a few hours of after school would have been beneficial to you ?
                      Originally Posted by arbitrage View Post
                      he was disinterested that match but he still won and better yet went on to win the tournament. sorry clown but i don't really get what your point is. he has been trolling at least half of his entire career (and my point was that he was trolling in the champion of champions final vs. stuart bingham) and has still been winning because he is that good - sorry that you are unable to understand that simple point i tried to make

p.s. pls let me know your YT handle so i can ask the administrator to ban your account - don't like idiots using my resources
                      have you guys ever tried - BEING NICE ?

Comment

• being nice thats too hard for a few guys on here

Comment

• Originally Posted by Smiffie View Post

That should be grasp of the English language.
                          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
                            being nice thats too hard for a few guys on here
                            i will be spending over US$400k to put my cousin through university in the US in lieu of his services as an administrator for my internet pages. and the page another poster is referring to has over 3000 videos with the most up to date coverage of snooker events, all free of charge to the public and 0 return to me, apart from the fact that i can enjoy the coverage of snooker events. i think that is pretty nice
                            Last edited by arbitrage; 25 November 2013, 04:44 PM.

Comment

• a lot of people do things for nowt,only people who can afford to put there cousins through uni do it + your is for services rendered, nothing wrong with rest of your post realy lol

Comment

• Originally Posted by arbitrage View Post

I have a number of points.

1) your comment about ronnie being disinterested has zero predictive value. Evidence : he won the German masters and 2 WCs after your comment

2) you are dismissive and abusive (eg "clown" but generally much much worse)of ppl who make points you disagree with or don't match your exalted standards.

3) I appreciate your uploads, ty.
                                Highest Match Break 39 (November 10th 2015)

Comment

Working...
                                X