• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
    Does this count as ranking points?
    no mate,its a invitational

Comment

• I'd be delighted if the BBC never touched snooker again and all the majors were covered by ITV. They are so much better.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
        Does this count as ranking points?
        No it wasn't bud..... Invitation event, all the winners of pervious tournaments plus Murphy and Davis.
        Last edited by coomsey76; 24 November 2013, 10:18 PM.
        Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
        Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

• Originally Posted by coomsey76 View Post
          No it wasn't bud..... Invitation event.
          Thanks. Still a great tournament.

Comment

• itv coverage was better than expected, i used to hate snooker on itv! some very high quality matches as well.
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Player of the tournament was.....Alan McManus. Brilliant pundit.

ITV have put time and care into this - nothing feels rushed. If this was the WC final, the BBC would already be well into the next tv program. I think a good idea would be to have 3 or 4 big, invitational events a season.

We should have one to open the season. The first event of the season needs to have the top 16 coming together. It's a perfect way to open the season.

We can only hope + pray that the tv ratings have made all the effort worth it.

Comment

• What a great victory for the rocket! And what a great tournament!
                Box the chimp.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ronnie's tip View Post
                  Player of the tournament was.....Alan McManus. Brilliant pundit.

ITV have put time and care into this - nothing feels rushed. If this was the WC final, the BBC would already be well into the next tv program. I think a good idea would be to have 3 or 4 big, invitational events a season.

We should have one to open the season. The first event of the season needs to have the top 16 coming together. It's a perfect way to open the season.

We can only hope + pray that the tv ratings have made all the effort worth it.
                  agreed - few more big invitationals would be a good thing and yes i was never a big fan of alans play but he is a great pundit.
                  https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• made many mistakes, put in some shockers, lost his discipline, had bouts of bad luck at critical times.......... and still won

Comment

• If any other player had won this tournament he would have been embarrassed to lift up this trophy because every player knows there is only one champion of the champions - Ronnie O'Sullivan.

Comment

• Originally Posted by arbitrage View Post
                        made many mistakes, put in some shockers, lost his discipline, had bouts of bad luck at critical times.......... and still won
                        Isn't that called matchplay?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Table_of_Reds View Post
                          I'd be delighted if the BBC never touched snooker again and all the majors were covered by ITV. They are so much better.
                          Great coverage. Up in Canada we watch live sport tv but nothing what ITV did with this tournament. We streamed it live and the quality was absolutely perfect. Great Job, Great Tournament & Great Winner. Looking forward to the UK.
                          " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
                          " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
                          http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

• I agree, great coverage and it's nice to see that ITV has finally seen the light and started to air Snooker = more Snooker for us.

I like Bingham and I often root for him when he isnt playing Ronnie, but I dont think it would have been right for him to hold the Champions of Champions title, after all winning a couple of lesser events hardly makes one a champion.

Surely there are only a few real Snooker Champions worthy to be called the champion of champions ?

Ronnie,
                            Hendry,
                            Ginger,
                            Alex,
                            Jimmy (wild card)
                            Fred and Joe.

All these were worthy in their own era, and that means that Ronnie is not only the worthy winner, but the only candidate.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Smiffie View Post
                              I agree, great coverage and it's nice to see that ITV has finally seen the light and started to air Snooker = more Snooker for us.
                              Everyone should ring/email ITV and tell them how good it was. Nothing like some positive feedback to help make them realise that it was enjoyed and more snooker needed on the box.

My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                              I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

• Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
                                Everyone should ring/email ITV and tell them how good it was. Nothing like some positive feedback to help make them realise that it was enjoyed and more snooker needed on the box.
                                hopefully they'll be pleased with the viewing figures which I guess must be their final arbiter ... more people watching equals more money they can ask advertisers for ...

Comment

Working...
                                X