No announcement yet.

Champion of Champions Snooker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.streamhunter.eu/other-liv...ing-video.html keep trying sportlemon or wiziwig, i think it starts 6.45 for us

Comment

• 6.45 start...

I would like to see them do a piece about the cues the players are using, which ones they started with and their progression, why they chose them and the why they have had them made to whatever weight and size they are.
      Trouble is ITV or BBC think it is probably a too geeky subject to cover but I think all the viewers who play will be interested.
      So far I love the coverage in style and content, well done ITV.

Comment

• Yes it would be interesting. I remember a seeing a contrived short film of j parris talking about the process of making ronnies cue a while back on one of the bbc events.
        I don't think anyone would find it geeky, media are always looking for footage to shoot, but somehow I don't think many cue makers would be up for a camera crew, in and around their work shop, would be a bit too revealing..

Originally Posted by Steve748 View Post
        6.45 start...

I would like to see them do a piece about the cues the players are using, which ones they started with and their progression, why they chose them and the why they have had them made to whatever weight and size they are.
        Trouble is ITV or BBC think it is probably a too geeky subject to cover but I think all the viewers who play will be interested.
        So far I love the coverage in style and content, well done ITV.

Comment

• Originally Posted by JIMO96 View Post
          Just when you think ITV can't cover this any better, they go and produce archive footage! Complete with John Pulman/David Taylor commentary! And a Stephen Hendry piece I don't think I've ever seen....top class stuff, ITV.

What next for snookers best new channel? Surely this event won't be a one-off, and I'm guessing they'll show the Haikou World Open again. Maybe revive the British Open? Or steal a major from the BBC? How about, with all the positive talk of events for "the elite top 16", a Masters Series, to offer stiff rivalry to the actual Masters?
          Yes the Itv coverage is top class, everyone involved with this should be proud of themselves, and the bbc should be ashamed.
          Last edited by Holden Chinaski; 24 November 2013, 06:27 PM.
          Box the chimp.

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
            Yes it would be interesting. I remember a seeing a contrived short film of j parris talking about the process of making ronnies cue a while back on one of the bbc events.
            I don't think anyone would find it geeky, media are always looking for footage to shoot, but somehow I don't think many cue makers would be up for a camera crew, in and around their work shop, would be a bit too revealing..
            You misunderstood my post....I don't mean an interview with the cue makers but an interview with the players about the cues they have used and the one they are currently using.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Steve748 View Post
              You misunderstood my post....I don't mean an interview with the cue makers but an interview with the players about the cues they have used and the one they are currently using.
              That would be interesting.
              Box the chimp.

Comment

• Poetry on the table!

Comment

• Originally Posted by lesedwards View Post
                  This has to one of the best covered Snooker Tournaments I have ever watched. Love all the commentary and Steve's 147 play back. That's what peaks the interest of new commers to the game. Interviews in the practice room and great camera angles. What more could a Snooker audience want. Just Awesome.
                  By the sounds of it, the coverage of the UK Championship won't be half as good.

Comment

• Champion of Champions Snooker

i agree with the other comments about the coverage from itv, they have been brilliant!
                    best iv seen for a long time.

Comment

• Bingham to go 7-6 up then.

Ronnie has to change this fast.

Comment

• terrible final so far

Comment

• Neither of these two deserve to win this. Bingham is average average average despite playing at his best, O'Sullivan is just repulsively awful.

Comment

• Ronnie hasn't won a session yet, needs to now to win it

Comment

• Can't be that bad surely? There have been 3 centuries so far?
                              Steve Davis Technical Articles = https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ilebasic?pli=1

Comment

• Originally Posted by Table_of_Reds View Post
                                Neither of these two deserve to win this. Bingham is average average average despite playing at his best, O'Sullivan is just repulsively awful.
                                How is he playing at his best if he is average? Surely some of the stuff he's played over the last two seasons has been worthy of his ranking, the highlight being his ranking title in Australia, the Premier League title and the final of the Welsh Open...

He also hasn't had much luck in this match. He fouled on his scoring chance in each of the first two frames tonight. Ok, maybe the second one could have been avoided, but the first one was quite unlucky. O'Sullivan has also left things safe on a couple of his misses...

Can't disagree about O'Sullivan being awful though, certainly for his usual standard in major finals. But the most important part of the match is still to come... :wink:

Comment

Working...
                                X