No announcement yet.

German Masters 2014 - Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking about it. The balls that Stevens have missed that have cost him the frame have invariably been reds that he's over stretched for because he hates using the rest so much.

Comment

an auspicious start to the year of the horse

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
        What frame did poomjaeng slap his cue onto the ground?
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut6ImO4whjk

58 minutes in. Just after the 'incident'.
        My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
        I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

This has been a pretty weird tournament... Probably the weakest last16 lineup we've seen for some time, but I guess that was to be expected, because the top and the bottom quarters had already lost a couple of the top players before the venue stage.

Xiao, Burnett, Day and Hamilton remain in the top quarter, so one of them will be making the semi-finals. Day lost to Hamilton in the Wuxi Classic, so I expect he will be up for it here, and I think it should be between Xiao and him.

The second quarter didn't deliver much of the Ding/Williams/Higgins battle I was looking forward to, and now Selby is out as well. So it's Ding as the top player against Dale, Perry and Maflin. Unfortunately we haven't seen much of the players, so it's tough to guess how well they are playing, but Perry's form seems to have held up pretty well. He beat Ding 5-1 in the Wuxi Classic and I have a feeling he could be his biggest danger again here.

The third quarter has also lost most of the favourites... I said "it's very hard to see anyone other than Neil Robertson or Marco Fu going through" before it started, but neither made much of an impact on the tournament in the end. With Maguire and Dott also gone, it looks like Davis against Liang could be the decisive match here. They played in the International Championship, Liang won 6-1, but Davis was awful in that match, so it's hard to see him not playing better. Also a chance for Tian Pengfei to finally get another good result after quite a few years.

The bottom quarter is the only one where things have mostly gone according to plan. Trump against Murphy is the only really strong match of the round now, should be a good one. Murphy was lucky to survive the match tonight, kind of like his two wins in the Masters, but Trump looks to be playing well enough to punish another slow start. Holt could have been a good bet in the other three quarters, but unfortunately for him this one hasn't opened up as much. Should be a good tactical battle against McManus, just a shame so little of the last16 round will be televised...

Comment

I've not really been following snooker closely the last while has Anthony Hamilton shown any signs of this or is it all out the blue?

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
              This has been a pretty weird tournament... Probably the weakest last16 lineup we've seen for some time, but I guess that was to be expected, because the top and the bottom quarters had already lost a couple of the top players before the venue stage.

Xiao, Burnett, Day and Hamilton remain in the top quarter, so one of them will be making the semi-finals. Day lost to Hamilton in the Wuxi Classic, so I expect he will be up for it here, and I think it should be between Xiao and him.

The second quarter didn't deliver much of the Ding/Williams/Higgins battle I was looking forward to, and now Selby is out as well. So it's Ding as the top player against Dale, Perry and Maflin. Unfortunately we haven't seen much of the players, so it's tough to guess how well they are playing, but Perry's form seems to have held up pretty well. He beat Ding 5-1 in the Wuxi Classic and I have a feeling he could be his biggest danger again here.

The third quarter has also lost most of the favourites... I said "it's very hard to see anyone other than Neil Robertson or Marco Fu going through" before it started, but neither made much of an impact on the tournament in the end. With Maguire and Dott also gone, it looks like Davis against Liang could be the decisive match here. They played in the International Championship, Liang won 6-1, but Davis was awful in that match, so it's hard to see him not playing better. Also a chance for Tian Pengfei to finally get another good result after quite a few years.

The bottom quarter is the only one where things have mostly gone according to plan. Trump against Murphy is the only really strong match of the round now, should be a good one. Murphy was lucky to survive the match tonight, kind of like his two wins in the Masters, but Trump looks to be playing well enough to punish another slow start. Holt could have been a good bet in the other three quarters, but unfortunately for him this one hasn't opened up as much. Should be a good tactical battle against McManus, just a shame so little of the last16 round will be televised...
              have the online sports gambling sites contacted you for an advisory position yet?

Comment

I'm amazed at the amount of kicks there has been in the matches I have watched

Comment

Originally Posted by jb134 View Post
                  I've not really been following snooker closely the last while has Anthony Hamilton shown any signs of this or is it all out the blue?
                  A frustrating player at times , followed his career over the years and really should have done better in my opinion . Don't know what it is about his game , but really like to watch him . Hope he gets a decent run .
                  He has been getting some better results of late and then loses to someone that i think he is more than capable of beating .

Also a prolific century break player .
                  Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                    Yeah, sad to say but that pretty much sums up his career doesn't it. -
                    Your unfortunately bob on there bud..... I really enjoying watching Matthew play but he's just lacked that finishing touch in matches!!
                    Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                    Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Originally Posted by coomsey76 View Post
                      Your unfortunately bob on there bud..... I really enjoying watching Matthew play but he's just lacked that finishing touch in matches!!
                      I think that's were the experience of playing at the back end of tournaments has helped Murphy. He managed not to twitch as much as Stevens. Matthew must be kicking himself this morning. He had loads of chances to get that final frame but seemed unable to pot reds when it mattered.

Comment

Dale 2 nil up on Ding...........he seems to have found some form lately .
                        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Eurosport channel 1 is constantly out of sync for me on the Eurosport player, means I have to use the channel with no commentary. Does anyone else have this problem?

Comment

Originally Posted by P.Smith View Post
                            Eurosport channel 1 is constantly out of sync for me on the Eurosport player, means I have to use the channel with no commentary. Does anyone else have this problem?
                            You probably aren't missing much.

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
                              You probably aren't missing much.
                              You're probably right in regards to commentary but Eurosport 1 is also in a higher quality to this other one. Seems like a bad problem to me.

Comment

Yes I'm encountering the very same problem. Had it yesterday too.....

Comment

Working...
                                X