No announcement yet.

German Masters 2014 - Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe Perry has thrown this match away with a very overhit safety. He knew it as soon as he hit it.

And Trump did steam roller Holt at 5 - 0.

Comment

Ding is a pleasure to watch. What immaculate cue ball control the dude has and the safety aint too shabby ... unlike Robbo, he gets on with it. Would take some stopping.

Comment

Originally Posted by streamer45 View Post
        Three faults with a red ball on. Stupid way to lose.
        ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
        "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          and there was me thinking you may have had a New Year's Resolution to not be arbitrarily rude to people?
          the clown accused me of 'hating' - i was being civil up to then - so he had it coming

this only goes to illustrate that you can't put rotten food in the open and expect it not to stink. you treat a lowlife civilly and he will still bite you like a rabid dog
          Last edited by arbitrage; 31 January 2014, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Rod Lawler beat Mark Davis 5 - 4 in another epic long match. He's in the semis now and he's going to face Judd Trump. Talk about the tortoise and the hare. LOL.

Comment

Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
              Rod Lawler beat Mark Davis 5 - 4 in another epic long match. He's in the semis now and he's going to face Judd Trump. Talk about the tortoise and the hare. LOL.
              Interesting, the top and bottom quarters looked pretty open before the tournament, but it was the very strong third quarter that saw the biggest surprise in the end. I never thought Lawler would make it through. On paper he was supposed to play Campbell, Fu, Robertson and Maguire, and he ended up playing Campbell, Davison, Tian and Davis. Weird tournament... :smile:

On another note, is this finally the time Ding and Trump meet in a major final? Their World Championship semi-final in 2011 was a real classic, and many thought they would meet in a lot of big matches in the following years, but amazingly they've not even met once in a major match since then. Surely on Sunday... :smile:

Comment

Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
                Rod Lawler is such a slow player he will frustrate Trump. i've been to a qualifier where he was playing it was like watching paint dry.

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                  On another note, is this finally the time Ding and Trump meet in a major final? Their World Championship semi-final in 2011 was a real classic, and many thought they would meet in a lot of big matches in the following years, but amazingly they've not even met once in a major match since then. Surely on Sunday... :smile:
                  Yes. I think this is going to be the final. Ding is too strong a opponent not to beat Day. I really can't see Lawler beating Trump no matter how slow he plays. Trump has been a potting machine and pretty much killing off frames in one visit during this tournament. I also think Trumps safety game is also a lot better then Lawler and his long potting is devastating at the moment. I predict it's going to be a very one sided match.

Now then. Ding vs Trump. That is a hard one to call. If they are both playing well then it could be an absolute snooker classic. I still favour Ding though. He has a lot more experience in the end stages of tournaments and he's a very cool customer. Trump still twitches from time to time. On the other hand. Trump badly needs a win to restore his confidence so he's going to be extremely hungry for the win.

Comment

Originally Posted by arbitrage View Post
                    the clown accused me of 'hating' - i was being civil up to then - so he had it coming

this only goes to illustrate that you can't put rotten food in the open and expect it not to stink. you treat a lowlife civilly and he will still bite you like a rabid dog
                    Hating on me isn't a very good way to prove that you're not hating in general tbh. I already reported one of your posts for unnecessary flaming, lets hope it actually does some good.

OT: I'm really hoping for a Ding/Trump final as these are 2 of my favourite players. I would still favour Ding though simply because he is the much more consistent player.

Comment

• double post

Comment

• Great opening frame by Ding

Comment

• Ding has a score to settle with Ryan Day, having lost to him in the 1st round of the World Championship and the UK Championship in 2012... :smile:

Comment

• I suspect Day's day has been long long overdue ... Having seen him over the years , he is as good a potter as anyone .... a bit behind on cue ball control and miles behind in safety/strategy but when he starts potting them few can match ... yes I am a fan but Ding is playing at a different level ... usually it does not take long for him to not do that so lets see

Comment

• I can't recall Day laying a successful snooker

Comment

• Originally Posted by arbitrage View Post
                                and you sound very ignorant. fancy to be talking to some illogical, intellectual lightweight on the 1st day of the new year
                                Originally Posted by arbitrage View Post

arbitrage - class this as a official warning, learn how to speak to people in a intelligent and respectful manner or I will remove you from the forum, I have had far too many complaint about the way you talk to people just because their opinion differs fro your own, discuss your differences instead of stooping to name calling.

Comment

Working...
                                X