No announcement yet.

German Masters 2014 - Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to disagree, but I think he's bound to have felt it.... Was very poor from the ref not to notice it anyway. I appreciate PoomJaeng is playin for his livelihood out there, but he dishonoured the spirit of the game in my opinion.

Comment

Originally Posted by wmccreedy View Post
      Sorry to disagree, but I think he's bound to have felt it.... Was very poor from the ref not to notice it anyway. I appreciate PoomJaeng is playin for his livelihood out there, but he dishonoured the spirit of the game in my opinion.
      You're more than welcome to disagree matey, but I'm not so sure that he was bound to have felt it. Contact on the red happened at the same time as his cue stabbed downwards onto the white ball, which itself would have jarred the cue, and it made quite a thud.
      He might have felt it, but as long as there is doubt, I'd rather give him the benefit of it. Give a dog a bad name and hang it....
      Anyway he pulls funny faces so he must be a nice guy

Comment

He is a character - agreed and snooker needs more of them. I just hope Ali Carter isnt upset by this.

Comment

He is a character - agreed and snooker needs more of them. I just hope Ali Carter isnt upset by this.
          Ali C did seem to give him a bit of a dirty 'look' when he thumped his cue twice into the ground after missing the red.

I can believe that he didn't feel the foul. I will give him the benefit of the doubt. The referee did seem to have a close look and missed it too.

It would be stupid to try and get away with it - if you knew you hit it - being on the televised table. Just not worth losing your reputation over a red ball.
          My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
          I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Max alert , Ding , 9 reds 9 blacks

Comment

c'mon Ding!!
              Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

I think Ali was more concerned over his own poor performance. He said he hadn't prepared properly and obviously that approach failed to bring dividends.

Comment

Tian Pengfei 3-0 up on Robbo, if that carries on that will be a shock result
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Are there livestreaming on Neil Robertsons table today and what on earth are going on. He was rock solid yesterday and 3 frames down now.
                    ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                    "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

4-0 now to Penfei
                      no - there is only one TV table

Comment

What frame did poomjaeng slap his cue onto the ground? Also has Jimmy white played yet? Seen somewhere a score saying he got beat 5:1 but might have been an older score, though wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

Jimmy White lost yesterday .
                          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                            Jimmy White lost yesterday .
                            Oh well nothing new there, think these days he's lucky if he gets a frame on the board. =/

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
                              Oh well nothing new there, think these days he's lucky if he gets a frame on the board. =/
                              http://livescores.worldsnookerdata.c...urnament/13640

Comment

Just caught the action with Ding during his maximum attempt, was thinking to myself will Williams ever put on a show again..? Neil Robertson getting beat 4-0 is a bit of a surprise, maybe throwing it for money
                                Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

Working...
                                X